Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:12:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulations and use of VPN - What are your views  (Read 126 times)
kryptogunner (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:50:53 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 02:16:44 AM by kryptogunner

1 - Do you use VPN services when you visit ICO websites and/or making investments in them?

2 - If you use a VPN service, location of which  country/countries is typically set by your VPN provider while browsing such sites? And how often it is set as  Indonesia?

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:07:11 PM

i think the countries where crypto is regulated must be using VPN

kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:11:55 AM

Any inputs from anyone regarding it?

Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:13:50 AM

Most of the time I use VPNS in the U.S. and Japan.
Because there are so many VPN providers in these places, they are cheap and fast. ,

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:15:11 AM

Because there are so many VPN providers in these places, they are cheap and fast. ,

What location is set by your VPN provider while browsing ICO sites?

Satin Chan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:29:25 AM

I am not using VPN. My country still don't know hot to regulate cryto.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:34:58 AM

Any decent VPN provider will give you a big list of IP's in an array of different countries in which you can select from to connect at, so you can be in the US, Japan, Singapur... all just with one click.

Typically people get VPN's to participate in ICO's which are banned in certain countries, usually US, since the SEC has attacked ICO hosting in there a lot.

Generally it is a good idea to use VPN's for everything crypto, since you don't want to let your IP be attached to your transactions. An attacker could use your IP to attempt doxing and blackmail. I don't trust exchanges, so I never log in without an VPN. In here I just use Tor.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:50:06 AM

1 - Do you use VPN services when you visit ICO websites and/or making investments in them?

2 - If you use a VPN service, location of which  country/countries is typically set by your VPN provider while browsing such sites? And how often it is set as  Indonesia?

No im not using VPN for crypto ,since our country has no regulation about crypto..but sometimes i am into vpn for some personal reasons.

But i advice everyone here to try and learn using VPN this is for future preferences and preparations if time comes that banning goes to your country
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:54:42 AM

I am not using vpn because i am in a country that does not care about icos at this moment. If it would ask for regulation i suppose i woud use vpn if i want to participate in ico.
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:28:04 AM

Any decent VPN provider will give you a big list of IP's in an array of different countries in which you can select from to connect at, so you can be in the US, Japan, Singapur... all just with one click.

Typically people get VPN's to participate in ICO's which are banned in certain countries, usually US, since the SEC has attacked ICO hosting in there a lot.

Generally it is a good idea to use VPN's for everything crypto, since you don't want to let your IP be attached to your transactions. An attacker could use your IP to attempt doxing and blackmail. I don't trust exchanges, so I never log in without an VPN. In here I just use Tor.

ty for this insight. ofcourse one can set the location but most vpns give you option for automatic as default mode where it just chooses its server of a country by itself..i was referring what country it chooses very often..

lihongjing

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:41:22 AM

In some dictatorial countries, if you do not use a VPN you cannot link to the outside world. In particular, cryptocurrencies are also not allowed in those countries. Most exchanges are blocked. You must use VPN to trade.
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:01:19 AM

ty for this insight. ofcourse one can set the location but most vpns give you option for automatic as default mode where it just chooses its server of a country by itself..i was referring what country it chooses very often..

You must be talking about free VPN services because most of the paid VPN providers let you choose any location from the list which is better if you are going to use same sites frequently.
kryptogunner (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:07:26 AM

Even the free one have this option of using the desired location from a list. So which location you choose very often and why?

duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:27:59 AM

I think most paid VPNs are insecure. Those service providers may extract your data, especially during the transmission of private keys on the Internet. Once the data is intercepted, your wallet will be hacked.

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:39:42 AM

There are many location in VPNs like France, Germany, etc. but I never use them to invest in a ico I think you should not.

I think most paid VPNs are insecure. Those service providers may extract your data, especially during the transmission of private keys on the Internet. Once the data is intercepted, your wallet will be hacked.

That is not that easy I guess.

so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:09:06 PM

I have in my country such an apparatus as Roskomnadzor. They block a lot of things. Including sites with ICO. Therefore, I have to use the service windsribe (I choose automatic location selection). Otherwise, I can not even get to the exchange  Sad

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1039
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:11:57 PM

You should also be sure the ICO issuer has no issues using a VPN. As for some, you can be asked for further verification for joining the ICO. And it can also be an excuse for confiscating your funds.
The same is with exchanges. Some are Okay with VPN while some forbids it.

Flyne d Coin Digger

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:12:34 PM

If there was an ICO that will offer VPN services to locate your IP and phone to country on your choice would be great, don't you think?? Membership would be recharging with their token to avail the service.

Example: 10 VPN Token = 1 minute use of the service.

It would be nice!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: