Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
dascampman

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:35:46 PM

sweet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:10:09 PM

How can you rate Avalon and KNC as the same grade, when the facts and comments you yourself have written are obviously in favor of KNC? In fact I don't see why KNC is rated mid-tier, save for literally max a couple of weeks delay (less than any other company accepting preorders have managed), they have a perfect reputation.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:39:37 PM

Z- Grin

too bad the alphabet can not go deeper
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:40:18 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 11:15:31 PM by minerpart

Beware. minerpart is a serial liar with a financial interest in your result.

Yes I already said I was invested in the company, I am a shareholder....that's kind of why I'm here.

The person we need to be aware of is you. You are one of the major Trolls I mentioned and you have Trolled the Official thread with Spam-posts for months - you even blackmailed the CEO saying if he didn't pay you BTC everyday you would Troll his thread. Well here you are Trolling.
There is a whole thread on you and your blackmail attempts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344219.0

If you have any evidence of my 'serial lies' or any lies atall please start up a thread and let everyone see these lies.

Hopefully Dogie just works on facts so none of your propaganda will work here.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:04:09 PM

How can you rate Avalon and KNC as the same grade, when the facts and comments you yourself have written are obviously in favor of KNC? In fact I don't see why KNC is rated mid-tier, save for literally max a couple of weeks delay (less than any other company accepting preorders have managed), they have a perfect reputation.

KNC literally don't care about consumers any more, and if I was KNC myself I wouldn't either with the amount of farm money they make. They're happy to delay shipment to optimise the power consumption for their $10m super farm, at the detriment of buyers. They had working machines they could have churned out at the right hash rates, but they wanted better for THEMSELVES. This is not good for the community.

Avalon screwed up, we know. But before that they did amazing work which made the community lots of money. The old management team has since left, and its now essentially a reworked entity. They've delivered Avalon 2 hardware and chips without problems for months, and continue to do so. In fact, they are only offering <2 week/in hand hardware.

Recent events have more weighting in my rankings, as that's closer to where people are buying. For example if you bought an Avalon 2 now, it would be delivered now. If I bought a Neptune, which I can't, I'd go to the back of the list of 3000 of already delayed Neptunes. That's 3000 customers who's interests they have to put ahead of mine.

I've clearly laid out the conditions for which both companies can improve their ratings with good performance.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 12:12:03 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 12:27:00 AM by dogie

Changelog 02/20/2014
  • Added explanation regarding chip integrators having lower ratings compared to chip creators.
  • Added explanation regarding the higher weighting of more recent problems/good work.

Company changes:
  • BitMine to be reviewed 1st March on release performance (with delay compensation).
  • AMT moved to chip integrators. Set C. Promoted to C+ on delivery of first orders, taken a hit due to delays and lack of communication.
  • VMC Set D. Promoted to C+ on testing publication, with no additional problems.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 12:12:57 AM

Hi Dogie,

I admire your work here it is potentially a good resource. But as an investor in the parent company of VMC I am interested as to where you get this information from:

'VMC set         B. Demoted to E, refunds are being refused [ignored] and no products on the horizon. Potentially a scam. Promotion to D if refunds begin to be resolved.'

I would like to point out that according to the CEO of VMC currently there are two chips in production, one a full-custom 55nm has been taped out and is being fabbed by UMC for bulk reel sale and for miners. These 55nm chips have in the past week been listed for pre-order on the VMC website where full specs have also been stated:
http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=35&controller=product

The other chip in production is a 28nm full-custom and has been given over to a vendor with tape-out expected in 8 weeks.  The chip will be used in a PCI card, it will be 'air cooled and use a double slot.  The estimate speed of the new card will be 432 GH/s and will be listed at $1499.00.'.

I could understand you saying that VMC product has been delayed but to say there is 'none on the horizon' seems factually incorrect to me.

As to the refunds being ignored I have no information on that, can you say how many people have reported that to you and out of that number how many have shown you evidence of their order? I only ask because the company is plagued by Trolls some of who have previously lied about having orders, having machines, having refunds refused etc.

Regards,
minerpart

Moved to PM

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:25:26 AM

I ask again since when Black Arrow has delivered thierown asic (Prospero, x1,x3,minion)? Delivered is set to: yes!  They delivered as chip integrators only!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 12:28:27 AM

I ask again since when Black Arrow has delivered thierown asic (Prospero, x1,x3,minion)? Delivered is set to: yes!  They delivered as chip integrators only!
Changed to Yes (prev) to represent that.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:34:23 AM

All returns for bpmc and faulty units where fixed and compensated with double the hashrate in icefury devices.

Message me if you have any problems
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:02:35 AM

All returns for bpmc and faulty units where fixed and compensated with double the hashrate in icefury devices.
I don't disbelieve you but I've not seen any reports of that yet. A review date is up there though.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 09:29:50 AM

Z- Grin

too bad the alphabet can not go deeper
This calls for a Dr Seuss book called "On beyond zebra". I'm sure we can work our way through that too...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:56:50 AM

Meh I think the list fails due to putting Asicminer at A+
... yes you have your reasons - but I think they ignore how Asicminer has single handedly destroyed bitcoin mining.

Here's a recent quote I thought up - directly related to Asicminer ...
Bitcoin Miners: more willing to take it up the asic and say harder, than a Hentai Anime Girl

(Yeah I changes ass to asic to make the point clearer)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 10:49:08 AM

Asicminer has single handedly destroyed bitcoin mining.
Care to elaborate on this rather random statement?

Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:28:51 AM

KNC literally don't care about consumers any more, and if I was KNC myself I wouldn't either with the amount of farm money they make. They're happy to delay shipment to optimise the power consumption for their $10m super farm, at the detriment of buyers. They had working machines they could have churned out at the right hash rates, but they wanted better for THEMSELVES. This is not good for the community.

Avalon screwed up, we know. But before that they did amazing work which made the community lots of money. The old management team has since left, and its now essentially a reworked entity. They've delivered Avalon 2 hardware and chips without problems for months, and continue to do so. In fact, they are only offering <2 week/in hand hardware.

Recent events have more weighting in my rankings, as that's closer to where people are buying. For example if you bought an Avalon 2 now, it would be delivered now. If I bought a Neptune, which I can't, I'd go to the back of the list of 3000 of already delayed Neptunes. That's 3000 customers who's interests they have to put ahead of mine.

I've clearly laid out the conditions for which both companies can improve their ratings with good performance.

Where do you get the idea that the neptunes are delayed? According to KNC they are still on track to deliver neptunes within the promised time. And until that time comes without delivery, or until they announce something different, you have no basis for claiming that there are delays. They have also time and again said that work on their mining farm will not interfere with the neptune designing. And I for one am glad to have a backup plan (hosted mining) if there eventually are delays with my neptune order. It's a win-win for customers and KNC.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:36:31 AM

Where do you get the idea that the neptunes are delayed? According to KNC they are still on track to deliver neptunes within the promised time. And until that time comes without delivery, or until they announce something different, you have no basis for claiming that there are delays. They have also time and again said that work on their mining farm will not interfere with the neptune designing. And I for one am glad to have a backup plan (hosted mining) if there eventually are delays with my neptune order. It's a win-win for customers and KNC.

They said themselves that they pushed back delivery to optimise power consumption further. It was fine before, but they wanted more.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:40:17 PM

Asicminer has single handedly destroyed bitcoin mining.
Care to elaborate on this rather random statement?
OK, that's odd.
Someone says they are making a "Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide" and yet they also imply they are ignorant of the happenings in the bitcoin mining world for the last 12 months.
Well, that's rather unexpected.

OK I'll start with some history to help you remember what is pretty much well known by all but ignoramuses, of what has been cast in stone in BTC history this past year.

Firstly to simplify the actual issue itself:

It has well and long been pointed out since last year, that Hardware manufactures (HMs) would do better to use their hardware than to sell it for less than the profit they can make using it.
That is the basic argument of why BTC is full of morons ready to lose BTC and line HM's wallets buying ASIC hardware.

What it actually means is that some HMs consider it ideal to make their profit up front multiple times using this argument.
Firstly there is the MASSIVE mark up, by some, on the actual hardware over the cost of producing it,
Secondly there is the attempt to get the mining profit of the hardware, up front, and
Thirdly avoiding all the costs of locating, powering and managing that hardware.

Now what has this lead to?
Either you buy ASIC hardware and lose BTC, or the HMs make large mining setups and together the various large mining setups mine a large % of all BTC ... economies of scale ... death of the BTC mining community (except for those willing to take it up the asic and say harder ...)

Now how did this happen?
Well clearly you don't know, so I'll mention a few of the early steps in the ASIC history of BTC
BFL had their pre-orders that they failed to deliver on time due to incompetence somewhere in the process ... or you could say it was planned ... don't really care which - the simple fact is that once they did deliver their hardware, it was better than any other company had available at the time and was until BFU (bitfury) released their chips - but they were slower, but more GH per W. Clearly this wont be the case with BFL's next pile of late hardware.
So anyway, 2 other companies got in there in the meantime with ASIC hardware: Avalon then Asicminer.
Want a pretty graph? Yeah I did one a while back ... http://198.245.60.111/Pix/BTCNet1.png

So Avalon pushed up their prices (to around 80BTC!) after going borderline profit on their first batch and ...

Asicminer started selling hardware to miners.
Their blade price was set based on an auction of morons willing to pay an enormous amount of BTC to be first to say they had one ...
Their USB price - initially ~2BTC - has always been more than those devices have ever managed to mine (I know, I have one of the first ones due to being a developer in the quickest postage range from them when they first sent them out)

So although one could say it was Avalon who did it first, they had a limited supply of hardware.

Asicminer, on the other hand, has continued to do this non stop since they started and still do today.
Very few if anyone (except maybe some of the early Blade buyers) who bought any hardware from Asicminer will ever mine back the amount of BTC they cost to buy at the time.

Although many companies have followed in step doing this, the main cause of this destruction of the BTC mining community has been Asicminer who has continued to do this non-stop, and still does today, with the "We deliver hardware we have in stock" slogan that ignores the "and we fuck you over coz you'll lose BTC buying it"

That completes today's history lesson. Meh, too much text for a single lesson.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:49:23 PM

^^ Lol, not even going to bother quoting that. Well aware of what you've said, but its still bullshit.

Its an open economic market, if you think its overpriced then don't buy. Its like blaming your local butcher for selling chicken at $10/lbs when walmart has it for $8/lbs. Just don't buy there. But to then cry at the local butcher, while buying his chicken.... there is no logic there.

I suggest you start here.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:53:10 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 02:12:45 PM by kano

^^ Lol, not even going to bother quoting that. Well aware of what you've said, but its still bullshit.

Its an open economic market, if you think its overpriced then don't buy. Its like blaming your local butcher for selling chicken at $10/lbs when walmart has it for $8/lbs. Just don't buy there. But to then cry at the local butcher, while buying his chicken.... there is no logic there.

I don't buy.
D'oh.

Edit: but I should point out 2 things about your reply:
1) You didn't refute the point of my first post that you singled out. You pointed it out and then ignored it - lulz
2) You did however clearly agree with my comment:
Bitcoin Miners: more willing to take it up the asic and say harder, than a Hentai Anime Girl
Since you are saying the market is happy to lose BTC when buying ASIC hardware
(which is the point of my quote Tongue)

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:12:20 PM

I don't buy.
D'oh.
Then what are you complaining about... The market sets the prices with supply and demand, like the exchanges. Should I start rating bitstamp F because they were selling bitcoins overpriced at $1200 using hindsight?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: