Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:06:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 09:17:12 PM

Guessing Dogie can update the guide since Black Arrow has nothing imminent releasing.   Sad

Missed another ship date....

Its less about being on time and more about how they react to that - problems happen all the time. Heck its hard enough getting a package from Amazon on time, nevermind 200 different components from various subcontractors.

Guessing Dogie can update the guide since Black Arrow has nothing imminent releasing.   Sad

Missed another ship date....

Still think it should be stickied/pinned...this is an invaluable resource.

It should be but I've already submitted it to the moderators. You can have a go contacting them if you like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:07:38 AM

VMC -
Offered and honoured refunds from the start.

They have refunded on average one customer per week since the start of this year.

I had been given bankers check from VMC BOA #123 in feb and another check numbered #138 last week.
138-123 = just 15 Refunds in 4 months - just under one a week.

I am one of the lucky ones but there is an army of people still waiting for theirs.

If it takes one week to do one refund then there's something wrong.

Either they are deliberately keeping the money or have no money.

on the plus side, they are throwing boards and hashfast chips out of the door cheap.. but no one trusts them to deliver.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:39:27 PM

VMC sent unsigned and misspelled checks to many customers, there is no doubt it was a deliberate move.
VMC sold hardware when they already knew the products would never exist.

This is very easy to verify, so what the fuck is with that rating?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596740.msg7025928#msg7025928
One of the lowest of any ASIC company? Ratings are old anyway, awaiting update next weekend.

faxfan2002

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:11:09 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 08:11:46 AM by faxfan2002

VMC have taken 3.44BTC for 3 x mining cards, I have received nothing and no response to communications. I have PM proof if required.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:02:38 AM

I've bought twice from VMC, 1x prospector and 2x gold rush. All have arrived.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
faxfan2002

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:13:45 AM

I've bought twice from VMC, 1x prospector and 2x gold rush. All have arrived.

I'm glad it's not universal then, gives me a little bit hope
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 01:51:37 PM

Changelog 06/07/2014
  • Companies must now only sell in hand hardware (<2 weeks) in order to be an A tier company. This time period may be adjusted in the future to help aid batch assembly, which itself is a good thing.

Company changes:
  • CoinTerra demoted to E+. Refunds have totally stopped and this is not acceptable. Promotion to C+ once refund backlog is cleared and compensation is paid.
  • HashFast demoted to E. As far as I know, HashFast is now in chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
  • KNCMiner demoted to B. Neptunes are still not ready, offered up more preorders and the replacement Frankenstein Jupiters were delivered in pieces.
  • SpondooliesTech promoted to B+. Promotion to A if only selling in hand hardware (<2 weeks) and first SP30's ship to customers.
  • Avalon remains frozen due to market withdrawal.
  • Black Arrow held due to imminent product launch.
  • BitMine held at C+. Issues with refunds still, quite a few technical problems with delivered products but are getting worked through.
  • VMC demoted to E+. Refunds have almost totally stopped.
  • RockMiner added at C+. Promotion to B on successful delivery of batch 2 R-Boxes.
  • Noncetech added at C+.
  • Lightning ASIC promoted to A.
  • Technobit promoted to B+.
  • Redhash demoted to C+ due to inactivity.

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:16:45 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 10:19:42 PM by hardhouseinc

LOL, you forgot BFL.

What about BitMain Antminer as well??

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:26:19 PM

LOL, you forgot BFL.

Yes he should really update the community on the fact they failed to deliver as promised and had yet more delays. And remove your negative trust rating now you have recanted as a BFL stooge.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:38:39 PM

Changelog 06/07/2014
  • Companies must now only sell in hand hardware (<2 weeks) in order to be an A tier company. This time period may be adjusted in the future to help aid batch assembly, which itself is a good thing.

Company changes:
  • CoinTerra demoted to E+. Refunds have totally stopped and this is not acceptable. Promotion to C+ once refund backlog is cleared and compensation is paid.
  • HashFast demoted to E. As far as I know, HashFast is now in chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
  • KNCMiner demoted to B. Neptunes are still not ready, offered up more preorders and the replacement Frankenstein Jupiters were delivered in pieces.
  • SpondooliesTech promoted to B+. Promotion to A if only selling in hand hardware (<2 weeks) and first SP30's ship to customers.
  • Avalon remains frozen due to market withdrawal.
  • Black Arrow held due to imminent product launch.
  • BitMine held at C+. Issues with refunds still, quite a few technical problems with delivered products but are getting worked through.
  • VMC demoted to E+. Refunds have almost totally stopped.
  • RockMiner added at C+. Promotion to B on successful delivery of batch 2 R-Boxes.
  • Noncetech added at C+.
  • Lightning ASIC promoted to A.
  • Technobit promoted to B+.
  • Redhash demoted to C+ due to inactivity.

dude , where do you get off making this up- you asked for a tx id and i sent it... then you ignored it and promoted lightning asic to A ... tell the truth because its already in the threads .. u get free samples.. therefore you cant be imparcial.. first time i saw this thread i was thankful.. now i see it is meaningless in no situation can u ever give somebody an A that has stolen.... there excuse was- "na ah, it wasnt us" really. the skype connection is automatically generated by there website - if it wasnt them -then thats an even worse  scenario, resulting in an even lower downgrade ... u could have done good and been a valued community type and helped get my btc back.. let them know that they have to make a few things right to get an A.... well i guess my btc went to you and this bs rating system----

well i gues we need to rate dogies thread now.... i doubt it but i hope you make me eat my words and remove that rating pending repayment
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

LOL, you forgot BFL.

They're as low as they can go, not much more I can do.

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:20:05 PM

Hey dogie, I like your rating system, just never had a reason to comment in this thread though.

I was wondering did you decide to only include SHA asics? I would love to see ratings for Scrypt asic companies as well. You have Lightningasic on there, but there is GAW, Zeus, Hashra, Alpha-t etc.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:34:48 PM

Hey dogie, I like your rating system, just never had a reason to comment in this thread though.

I was wondering did you decide to only include SHA asics? I would love to see ratings for Scrypt asic companies as well. You have Lightningasic on there, but there is GAW, Zeus, Hashra, Alpha-t etc.

Of which none of them are shipping. They will be added if/when they become active.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:02:31 PM

dude , where do you get off making this up- you asked for a tx id and i sent it... then you ignored it and promoted lightning asic to A ... tell the truth because its already in the threads .. u get free samples.. therefore you cant be imparcial.. first time i saw this thread i was thankful.. now i see it is meaningless in no situation can u ever give somebody an A that has stolen.... there excuse was- "na ah, it wasnt us" really. the skype connection is automatically generated by there website - if it wasnt them -then thats an even worse  scenario, resulting in an even lower downgrade ... u could have done good and been a valued community type and helped get my btc back.. let them know that they have to make a few things right to get an A.... well i guess my btc went to you and this bs rating system----

well i gues we need to rate dogies thread now.... i doubt it but i hope you make me eat my words and remove that rating pending repayment

1) No you didn't, you just said "I ordered from this site".
2) That was at the start of May.
3) If you have some actual proof, I can action it. You can send me the blockchain transaction and sign the sending address.
4) Lightning ASIC have not participated in any reviews, so.... yeah.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:03:08 PM

Changelog 06/07/2014
  • Added 'movement' arrows.

GWilkiejr

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:25:51 PM

Your guide is FABULOUS.   Just want to post a reference for Three companies that I have dealt with.

1) BITMAINTECH - AAA++ If that exists.  Crazy fast shipping (Have ordered several S1's and S2's now) great customer service, and excellent problem resolution.  SO RARE IN THIS INDUSTRY!!!!

2) Titanminer.com - A - these guys were great.  Customer service available on Sunday when I chatted with them, and they prepared a quote for me! Crazy! ON a SUNDAY??  Anyway ordered 5 of their 1 Th/s machines     
    and paid for them on Sunday - machines arrived from Hong Kong on Friday.  Excellent.    As far as the machines themselves go.... Well the GUI could be much better and it could default to English instead of
    Chinese, but they do hash as advertised so overall 2nd in line to BITMAIN.

3) BFL - These guys have a special place in He*$ reserved for them.  I do not expect folks to be perfect and never make mistakes; however, I do expect people to own up and pay for their mistakes.  BFL has
    repeatedly failed to do this.  They have lied, failed to refund orders, and shown a genuine lack of professionality on every level, and at every turn.  Here is my take.  I do love the fact that you created a ranking of
    Z for them.  A title they own and have earned with business practices.

Just like many other customers at BFL I got silenced on their boards for posting about my dissatisfaction.  When I directly asked Josh a few things and stated my opinion (Humbly I might add) he deleted my posts (quite normal for them think stalin or Kim Jong UN). Then when I reposted and asked why he felt the need to delete and have total control over conversations he banned me.   Here’s what I think based on my interactions with BFL, their history, and current affairs.

-   They have a product that was awesome 6 months ago.  It was flawed from the beginning and they knew they couldn’t get it to market in time so they switched gears and created the “Imperial” to which there was an upgrade cost.  This was to generate cash flow for the business which has been drained by engineering mistakes and necessary reworking.
-   Now they have been further delayed, their product is now inferior to others on the market which are cheaper.
-   Customers are demanding refunds, and creating law suits including a class action one.  (I am a part of that, as well as, a separate complainant with the KS attorney general’s office and their local DA.)
o    BTW… what engineer would not be able to calculate thermal dissipation for a given voltage/current across a specific size copper plate??? Especially when they created the chip and are perfectly aware of it’s heat output and thd demands….. Terrible engineering or a flat our lie.
-   BFL is now backed into a corner due to mounting legal expenses, a failed product line, angry customers demanding refunds, and horrible press. (At their booth during the BTC conference in Miami they were assaulted constantly by angry customers)
-   Basically the company is close to dying (imo) and they are reacting poorly to complaints, and acting in a very controlling way on their forum’s to restrict all Non-positive BFL commentary. 

These guys are acting like total a**es instead of owning the situation, taking accountability for their mistakes, and fixing the problems in a transparent way they are reacting, unfortunately, in a very unprofessional way.   I’ve seen dozens of folks getting banned from the forums already and the PR perception that they are trying to create is an absolute fallacy.  Just wanted to make sure to share with you the  BFL customers side of things.

-Gerald Wilkie
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:30:26 PM

Of which none of them are shipping. They will be added if/when they become active.

Ok, great! Thanks Smiley

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:49:45 PM

3) If you have some actual proof, I can action it. You can send me the blockchain transaction and sign the sending address.

2291583835c58d38a144c2239923aba5c669cdc0790c03da3f2656b00c2bf7b0

i checked the pm. and  i posted the thread which had the posted block chain- i said "sent" to you and that is incorrect because it implies i did so directly. - i am wrong about that- but it was accessible from the info in the pm... you will see the id and the original posts correspond directly- posts right after i realized i was ripped off- NO A or B rating for thiefs ever- or till made right if they "say it wasnt us but it happened on our site so we have to make it right"

you will also see in the pm i sent you that i offered to give you a copy of the skype convo... but it has personal stuff in it and now i cant trust you--- trustworthiness at C and pending till i see what happens about this, could go either way-- but when somebody offers you personal skype info to attest to the dishonesty of a manufacturer and you never even get back to them something is wrong.. THATS WHAT YOU DO--- so for now skype off the table but u can see that he changed the skype icons from 3 to 4 after i broached the subject.. many time he tried to blame an imposter,,, not really sure what that meant??? did he mean that i manualy typed in the skype address of somebody i didnt know - when the only way to get that address would be to go to the icon that i just need to click on to initiate said skype convo?Huh if u cant see through that your in the wrong business

again if you do right or make a correction i will acknowledge it
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:59:55 PM

i checked the pm. and  i posted the thread which had the posted block chain- i said "sent" to you and that is incorrect because it implies i did so directly. - i am wrong about that- but it was accessible from the info in the pm... you will see the id and the original posts correspond directly- posts right after i realized i was ripped off- NO A or B rating for thiefs ever- or till made right if they "say it wasnt us but it happened on our site so we have to make it right"

you will also see in the pm i sent you that i offered to give you a copy of the skype convo... but it has personal stuff in it and now i cant trust you--- trustworthiness at C and pending till i see what happens about this, could go either way-- but when somebody offers you personal skype info to attest to the dishonesty of a manufacturer and you never even get back to them something is wrong.. THATS WHAT YOU DO--- so for now skype off the table but u can see that he changed the skype icons from 3 to 4 after i broached the subject.. many time he tried to blame an imposter,,, not really sure what that meant??? did he mean that i manualy typed in the skype address of somebody i didnt know - when the only way to get that address would be to go to the icon that i just need to click on to initiate said skype convo?Huh if u cant see through that your in the wrong business

There was a copycat scammer with a slightly different skype name, that's probably what happened. You were scammed by a copycat rather than the actual Lightning ASIC. Have a look here (archive site for forums): https://bitcointa.lk/threads/scammer-alert-dreamzz.318850/

The address you sent to was for the scammer, NOT the actual company.

rodeoclownicp

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:05:58 AM

There was a copycat scammer with a slightly different skype name, that's probably what happened. You were scammed by a copycat rather than the actual Lightning ASIC. Have a look here (archive site for forums): https://bitcointa.lk/threads/scammer-alert-dreamzz.318850/

The address you sent to was for the scammer, NOT the actual company.

OH MY GOD..YOU ARE KIDDING... WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??? did you read my post?Huh that did not just happen...   ok let me break it down for you,, you said , "There was a copycat scammer with a slightly different skype name"

how contact was made:

choice number 1. i clicked on the icon to make contact
choice number 2. i went to the website to get the skype info from the icon so i could type it in myself, copied it wrong, and then by accident got a scammer whose name was the same but just off by one random digit (and i typed this in rather than just simply moving my mouse to click on it)

please say which scenario you are implying.. PLEASE DONT TRY TO BE RIGHT JUST BE HONEST... once you pick we can go from there
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: