Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:47:48 PM

BFL is a very interesting case study.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:06:26 AM

Josh/Inaba is gagged by their attorneys

He hasn't posted anything since April yet has logged on less than a week ago.

They probably don't want the hole to get any deeper when they can't control the conversation.

That little pussy is going to sing like a fucking canary when the shit actually hits the fan.  Sonny fucked up by hiring the retard and paid the price while Josh helped dig that big fat hole.  Now Sonny has to keep the useless sack of shit around for fear he will sing like the bitch he is if he's let go.  Either way at some point bitch boy will not be able to keep the big boy pants on and is going to sell old Sonny down the fucking river.  Going to be loads of fun, shits just warming up, be prepared to be shocked and amazed, I predict we aint seen nothing yet!!  

The only pussy here is you, as in you are whining like a cat in heat.  Whine some more for me, I like to read between the lines on how pathetic your life is.

Gagged by lawyers?  Way to spread more lies, Joe!  How many lies can you tell in one day?  Lets find out... go!  You wonder why I don't bother coming by here very often... heh.  This place is the laughingstock of the hardware community.  Nobody gives two shits about this place anymore and it's all thanks to people like you making the incredible shithole that it is.

Good luck and please carry on and see how much I give a shit about the trolls here! Smiley

Prior to showing up today, Josh penned the above and ONLY two other posts.

QUESTION: What went through his mind since penning the above and showing up here today to stir the pot, even going as far as declaring that dogie's thread is somehow effecting his livelihood, his livelihood, that is, increased several fold thanks in large part to this forum populated with monumental assholes?

It can't be both ways: dogie is fucking BFL's sales; BLF is not effected by what takes place here due to nobody giving a lab-rat's ass what takes place on this forum.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:37:11 AM

@dogie have you ever heard of the ASIC company Hashra?  They are supposedly based in the UK and offering almost too good to be true ASIC prices and are taking what look like pre-orders.  Thoughts?  can you add them to your guide.

Preorder firms don't get traffic by being added to the list, and yes likely its too good to be true. Or maybe not, but either ways there's not much reason to preorder when the market is offering so much in hand hardware.

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:26:34 AM

Prior to showing up today, Josh penned the above and ONLY two other posts.

QUESTION: What went through his mind since penning the above and showing up here today to stir the pot, even going as far as declaring that dogie's thread is somehow effecting his livelihood, his livelihood, that is, increased several fold thanks in large part to this forum populated with monumental assholes?

It can't be both ways: dogie is fucking BFL's sales; BLF is not effected by what takes place here due to nobody giving a lab-rat's ass what takes place on this forum.

Affected. And just in case, then =/= than.
It is funny that only Americans make these mistakes.
Besides that, I agree with everything.

Inaba is not only a scammer but a fucking deluded one.
I would bet that he must be taking some prescribed pills.
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:31:48 AM

@dogie have you ever heard of the ASIC company Hashra?  They are supposedly based in the UK and offering almost too good to be true ASIC prices and are taking what look like pre-orders.  Thoughts?  can you add them to your guide.

Preorder firms don't get traffic by being added to the list, and yes likely its too good to be true. Or maybe not, but either ways there's not much reason to preorder when the market is offering so much in hand hardware.

I'm not suggesting you should link to them, but if they aren't trust worthy (and I don't think they are) it would be good to be able to point people to a definitive source of that kind of information.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:57:36 AM

@dogie have you ever heard of the ASIC company Hashra?  They are supposedly based in the UK and offering almost too good to be true ASIC prices and are taking what look like pre-orders.  Thoughts?  can you add them to your guide.

I'm not suggesting you should link to them, but if they aren't trust worthy (and I don't think they are) it would be good to be able to point people to a definitive source of that kind of information.

I have no evidence for or against, but this list is only for shipping companies. VMC are on it because they were from an era where preorders were an accepted norm and so took millions in advance, and as far as we know tried but failed to deliver.

Squeaker

Activity: 450

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:39:32 AM

Ethics?
All companies start with 10 points, and lose points for various infractions. The key is as follows:   
   F     = Operates own mining farm = -2
   FF   = Operates own large mining farm = -4
   P     = Evidence of premining on preordered equipment = -2
   BFL = BFL'ing = -9
   B    = Bankrupt = -9
   O    = Other   generic unethical behaviour = -5
Alright, just to chime in a little again, having BFL here isn't useful.

Look at it from the perspective of someone who really hasn't been paying attention to BFL issues for the last few years... sure they probably heard a lot of back-handed BFL-hate comments here and there, but don't really know what it is about.

This won't help. List out specific ethics-related criteria in that list and apply them. People can look at that list and understand what the other metrics are, but "BFL'ing" isn't specific or clear at all... it is just more bashing.

C'mon, be above this kind of petty BS, please.

=squeak=

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:15:59 AM

Ohhh ChuckBuck... I mean Bicknellski.  Did you post with the wrong account?  Oopsie! lol

Quick, pull a Garr255 and delete it and pretend it wasn't you, then accuse ME of having sock puppets!

Lol, sorry to disappoint you Inaba, but Bicknellski and me are two totally different people.  You can check the join dates, post history, trust records etc.  We don't write the same at all!   Cheesy

I have nothing against you or your company on a personal level.  I mean BFL's track record speaks for itself.

I am Chuck Bick not Chuck Buck.... simple mistake.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:25:38 AM

Ethics?
All companies start with 10 points, and lose points for various infractions. The key is as follows:   
   F     = Operates own mining farm = -2
   FF   = Operates own large mining farm = -4
   P     = Evidence of premining on preordered equipment = -2
   BFL = BFL'ing = -9
   B    = Bankrupt = -9
   O    = Other   generic unethical behaviour = -5
Alright, just to chime in a little again, having BFL here isn't useful.

Look at it from the perspective of someone who really hasn't been paying attention to BFL issues for the last few years... sure they probably heard a lot of back-handed BFL-hate comments here and there, but don't really know what it is about.

This won't help. List out specific ethics-related criteria in that list and apply them. People can look at that list and understand what the other metrics are, but "BFL'ing" isn't specific or clear at all... it is just more bashing.

=squeak=

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFL

It's not BS, you getting upset about the definition of a word is BS.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:33:33 AM

Affected. And just in case, then =/= than.
It is funny that only Americans make these mistakes.
Besides that, I agree with everything.

Rarely have I made such mistakes, but this time I'll blame it on being in a hurry. Nice catch, and thanks, bud.
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:05:47 AM

=squeak=

That doesn't fly...

=squeak=

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:09:08 AM

=squeak=

That doesn't fly...

=squeak=

Flying quite well. Has wings carried around the globe.

Bitmaintech or BFL which would you recommend right now?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Squeaker

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:14:25 AM

=squeak=

That doesn't fly...

=squeak=
It does more to validate my point than to negate it.

=squeak=

CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:16:02 AM

=squeak=

That doesn't fly...

=squeak=

=squeak=

Do you have to reply to every god damn message with =squeak= ?

jimmothy

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:26:12 AM

=squeak=

That doesn't fly...

=squeak=

According to you?

People in this community use the term freely and it's understood by everyone.

You're the first person to complain about its use and even you clearly understand it's meaning.

Why should we as a community change the meaning of a word because you don't like it?

I think you might have a point if BFL stopped BFLing but I doubt that will ever happen.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:26:33 AM

=squeak=

That doesn't fly...

=squeak=

=squeak=

For you maybe and Josh.

For the majority we know the score.

Bitmaintech simple choice over BFL.

No one is buying BFL for a reason. That reason is they have yet to ever deliver on time, to specification or provide refunds according standard FTC practices.

Squeaker

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:59:39 AM

You guys have made it personal, to the point of even inventing a "word" so you can pretend it isn't personal.

You guys also keep pretending that I'm talking about BFL itself, and I'm not.

Using BFL in this way in the rating system, and creating a fake word to pretend to legitimize its use, is biased.

My standard for categorizing companies and rating them, is Consumer's Reports.

The way BFL is being used in the rating system is unethical, and just because the majority is going along with it, doesn't mean they're right. In this case, they absolutely aren't right. They are biased, and unethical.

=squeak=

jimmothy

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:58:19 AM

You guys have made it personal, to the point of even inventing a "word" so you can pretend it isn't personal.

Nobody is pretending anything.

It doesn't matter if we use the term "BFL" or completely write out "scammy companies that use shills, false advertising, fuck over customers, and generally act in bad faith"

BFL is free to stop BFLing and I fully expect dogie to boost their rating when/if the time comes.

Using BFL in this way in the rating system, and creating a fake word to pretend to legitimize its use, is biased.

The "fake word" was created long before the rating system.

Never did he or anyone claim to be entirely free of bias.

You are free to have any imaginary standards you like and you can even create your own morally superior ratings system, but this is dogies thread and you may be the only person other than josh who has a problem with using BFL as a term.

The way BFL is being used in the rating system is unethical, and just because the majority is going along with it, doesn't mean they're right. In this case, they absolutely aren't right. They are biased, and unethical.

Just because you declare it unethical/wrong doesn't mean it is. If everyone is happy with the current system besides you, what's the problem?

You have yet to even dispute the ratings BFL received. If dogie is being biased like you claim how about letting us know where?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:09:02 AM

BFL earned its ranking through taking so damn long for such a long period of time
It deserves the rank BFLING for a good reason
Besides its in a Bitcoiners lexicon its practically vocabulary by now.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:14:29 AM

=squeak=

Cheesy  They don't call you Squeaker for nuttin,do they  Cheesy   I hear tiny violins when you talk  Grin 

BFL made their bed & they can sleep in it  Tongue

Until ALL orders are filled or refunded,BFL's rating shouldn't change."We learned our lesson with the 65nm era".......hardly,they keep delayin over & over & over again  Roll Eyes

So,whats next Inaba,16nm,14nm  Huh  Hope you saved enough BTC to live on for the rest of your life,the BFL drama will follow you till the end  Wink

Dogie!!!! Keep up the good work,you must be doin sumptin rite for Josh to come by to get you to sweeten his rating !!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

.!.. BFL & Joshy boi !!!!!  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: