Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:58:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I safely store fiat but have it quickly accessible back into btc  (Read 546 times)
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:17:54 AM

I do not trust the international exchanges with my fiat for a prolonged amount of time anymore. I would like somewhere else to store my fiat during Bitcoin bear markets. I want a safe place to store the fiat where I don't have to have any worries about it at all, but also have the ability to instantly (or quickly) transfer the fiat back to a bitcoin exchange or buy bitcoins when the bull market starts. Ideally the account has:

-Legal establishment with a bank regulated by the united states.
-Some some of FDIC, SPIC, etc. insurance.
-Legal channels that will be able to receive my funds if something wrong happens
-The ability to instantly (or quickly) send the funds to a bitcoin exchange, or the ability to buy bitcoins.
-The ability to transfer very large amounts of cash (no limit)
-Non-ridiculous transfer fees for doing the above.

If you know of something similar to this (it doesn't have to meet every single one of my ideal requirements), please let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:20:34 AM

can't you just use bitstamp if you are from the us? afaik you can directly get bitcoin from your normal bank account?
TERA (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:23:45 AM

can't you just use bitstamp if you are from the us? afaik you can directly get bitcoin from your normal bank account?
In order to do this, I would have to make some type of bank transfer from my bank account to bitstamp.
- This might take too long to process for me to be able to act in time to trade.
- The transfer might be over some limit and too high.
- The large amount of the transfer will be viewed as suspicous by my bank and by authorities. (especially if done multiple times)
- The fees may be large.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:33:41 AM

I would just find somebody on IRC who can trade into your exchange of choice instantly for a local transfer, so long as you both have good ratings, or you could store it as Okpay and pay into BTC-E whenever you want to buy. I have no idea if they are insured (probably not).

There's always a foreign bank account too, then can leave money in it to send via SEPA into Bitstamp but will take a day or so
http://www.rietumu.com/ - any foreigners can remotely open accounts here. They might balk at Americans though due to your fucked up laws, but I believe it's still possible. If you're really serious about this and plan on trading a lot, go to Slovenia or wherever Bitstamp has their bank account and get an account there yourself in person for personal use.
TERA (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:36:36 AM

I have not heard good things about OKPay. It seems as bad as storing on an exchange.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:55:07 AM

OKpay seems to have issues on occasion. I wouldn't trust them much more than a sketchy exchange.

You could look into, dare I say it, Ripple for Bitstamp.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: