Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:43:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I lost my coin.  (Read 1058 times)
crystalworld (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:14:23 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2018, 09:22:46 AM by crystalworld

I have lost Hugh amount of bitcoin, and I believe some person's here too have gone through same. Can we please share our experience and lessons.

My story :My wallet was hacked, by God knows who. That was 2017 may. I logged in to my blockchain wallet to notice that 0.9  btc I have been accumulating Since 2016 has been taken. Leaving less than $5 worth of bitcoin for me.

My lesson :  don't trust anyone with your crypto, laptop or password. Because I believe someone close to me did that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
borjois56

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:30:22 AM

I have lost Hugh amount of bitcoin, and I believe some person's here too have gone through same. Can we please share our experience and lessons.

if you do not have the knowledge to trade, you will lose, I suggest from now you do not have to trade, keep your coins in a long time, it is a good decision

the official Chainx referral exchange event with a prize of 200 usd.
tailor.and

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:11:53 PM

I see many people loosing their coins just because they were not that much concerned about privacy. They shared their account information with others. So, it is very important not to share account passwords and other information to anyone. Moreover, it is necessary to have proper knowledge of doing transactions.
Lightsource

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:14:02 PM

Well, how exactly did you lose your coin OP? I really wanted to know that when I saw the title? Was it a hack? Lost private key? Force?
Patpro

Activity: 125
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 03:15:09 PM

One can lose his coins through several means, being it through trading, hacking and several others. I think we can better share our experiences like you are requesting if you were specific as to which area you lost your coins

BLOCKVEST | PRIVATE SALE NOW |
INNOVATING THE CRYPTO CURRENCYWORLD.The First Licensed & Registered Cryptocurr (https://blockvestico.io/)
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:17:13 PM

Well, how exactly did you lose your coin OP? I really wanted to know that when I saw the title? Was it a hack? Lost private key? Force?

I am interested to know how OP lost his coin as well. In any case, there are plenty of scams and hacks going on. OP, please be careful and beware of such incidents.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 03:33:03 PM

Why? and how did you lost your coin? Is it being hacked by someone? are you being phished out? or you are disclosing your private keys? Well many of the members here had gone with losing also and that includes  big exchanges that are being target also by the hackers or hijackers. The problem with some digital wallet are the security that could be breach out by these hijackers or hackers.
Ayston

Activity: 203

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:59:03 PM

HOW did you lose your Bitcoin anyway? Does someone take it from your wallet? or someone hacks your account? or simply you entered a phishing site accidentally?

or perhaps you mistakenly place the wrong Bitcoin wallet? Check the transaction carefully since the transfer history is there.
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:45:14 PM

You didnt stated the reason on how did you lost your bitcoins. So how? Most people that lost their cryptocurrency is because of either scam or hack and people that mostly experiencing this is those who dont know how to secure their coin by themselves and also not aware of this scams. Another reason to lost a coin is because of forgotten private key. I havent lost any of my cryptocurrency so I cant share any stories about this.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:49:20 PM

There are many who have lost in the initial stages of their trading or some have lost in the ponzi schemes. I am one of those who lost in ponzi schemes literaaly everything i had. But somehow i mamged to pull back and recoveres my losses and earned even profit.
Ciucas

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 05:58:30 PM

If you were hacked, i recommend you to store your crypto assets on a hardware device like Trezor or Ledger. I hope you didn't have a big percentage of your savings invested in the bitcoins that you have lost. Many people have lost coins in the beginning of their crypto journey, but still managed to make nice profits afterwards.

newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:05:38 PM

if you are talking about scam
Yes one time i here deal with a guy from Vietnam , that was mys mistake i sent bitcoins first and he sent fake gift card and run away with my money never come back to the account.
i will suggest to use Escrow service,

if about trading scams
BE safe while trading never your private key of ether with any website of google forms , if any asks sure they will stole your coins from wallet.
never fall into trap who says this coin will be pumped or dumped ,they just make money by publicity noting else believe me

. and one thing this is alt-coin discussion section you cannot talk about bitcoins here move your post to bitcoin section or scam one

KobbyC

Activity: 361

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:15:57 PM

When you are always in a rush to sell your coin, you will always regret it some years to come. That is how the game. At least sell them at a cool price and do something good with that FIAT. Or you can decide to split and invest again with the half.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:16:58 PM

Can you share on how much you've lost and you lost in trading or you are hacked?

Vires in Numeris
benalexis12

Activity: 798
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 06:17:31 PM

I'm sorry for your lost. You need to learn from your mistakes. How about hiding all your coins into a hard wallet devices? Do you have your private key with you? There are coins that you need to track Like Nem they have MultiSig wallet which i fond off.

jemine

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:20:00 PM

I was expecting you to share with how you lost you btc so what we can avoid possible case in the future when faced with such scenero.
Mybitkoin7

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:21:06 PM

I think that in the world of crypto currency you need to be very careful. Because now there is a lot of speculation. You need to choose a good purse, you need to take your accounts. Keep your information secret. In the beginning, well, you need to invest a lot. Start with small sums and so on.
Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:23:42 PM

How did you lose it? Was your wallet hacked or you lost on wrong trading decisions? I fill very sorry for people who lose money, as it is for most of us it is very hard earned money, but you should go through this and you have a great opportunity as the price is very low right now, could recover and earn some money. Good luck

IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 06:38:07 PM

I think it’s not anybody’s fault
But best opinion is
If you cannot handle the pressure that goes with trading nor have the experience in trading
You need to stay out of it and just hodl your coins
It’s better than your loss
Hopefully you learn a lot from this thread
Nibo2018

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:38:56 PM

I was scammed before on telegram during an ICO- gotta learn to lose and learn from mistakes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: