Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bear market, a fix to greedy ICO's  (Read 304 times)
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:42:04 AM

You are correct it's not as easy to raise funds when the market is in its present phase and this helps to eliminate a lot of projects that are trying to make quick cash grabs or con investors out of their money

When the market does improve hopefully there will be better quality projects and less risks for investors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:44:25 AM

A lot would have wondered if the ICO market is dead, the truth is that the market is still alive but the bear market may not allow for raising of hundreds of Millions of Dollars just like we had throughout 2017 and 2018 where even a lot of greedy projects where overvalued.

With the bear market, it is time to know real projects, projects may no longer raise hundreds of Millions as they usually overvalue their token and eventually find nd it hard to achieve softcap and hardcap becomes an endless wait.

The reality now is that ICO projects may not be able to raise such huge sum anymore. It is now time to wade off greedy projects, only real and genuine projects will survive by starting low and prooving themselves overtime. 

I believe that in 2018 ICOs have raised more than double what they did in 2017 so.... I still see countless scammy projects raising millions if not tens of millions so I don't really agree. I do think that there are less clueless investors but there are still plenty of scam projects and they're a bit more sophisticated now so a little harder to pick out.

Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 07:44:17 AM

A lot would have wondered if the ICO market is dead, the truth is that the market is still alive but the bear market may not allow for raising of hundreds of Millions of Dollars just like we had throughout 2017 and 2018 where even a lot of greedy projects where overvalued.

With the bear market, it is time to know real projects, projects may no longer raise hundreds of Millions as they usually overvalue their token and eventually find nd it hard to achieve softcap and hardcap becomes an endless wait.

The reality now is that ICO projects may not be able to raise such huge sum anymore. It is now time to wade off greedy projects, only real and genuine projects will survive by starting low and prooving themselves overtime. 

I believe that in 2018 ICOs have raised more than double what they did in 2017 so.... I still see countless scammy projects raising millions if not tens of millions so I don't really agree. I do think that there are less clueless investors but there are still plenty of scam projects and they're a bit more sophisticated now so a little harder to pick out.

IOTA raised less than 1 million and all was happy and they started to work and how much it cost now) and look on the most ICO in this year they raised 10-20 millions and now they cost 3-4 millions)

Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:02:39 AM

This bear market is an opportunity to test some dev and how many of them are truly working for the purpose of developing a project that will benefit the cimmunity and not just enrich themself.
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:10:52 AM

Even now, projects are able to raise such funds, in my opinion, people have become more cautious to invest, so they are waiting for serious projects!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:19:23 AM

the term "bear market" is a wrong thing to use for altcoins, specially for ICOs because this is not a bear market really. instead this is a "dumping period" which is the other side of the manipulation market of altcoins which was pump.

as for ICOs we consider them "near dead" because of the increased awareness among people in this market who no longer trust them and no longer want to gamble their money not just because they are dumping.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Simayi

Activity: 360
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:39:58 AM

the term "bear market" is a wrong thing to use for altcoins, specially for ICOs because this is not a bear market really. instead this is a "dumping period" which is the other side of the manipulation market of altcoins which was pump.

as for ICOs we consider them "near dead" because of the increased awareness among people in this market who no longer trust them and no longer want to gamble their money not just because they are dumping.

You are right, the icos are on the verge of death, and people are less and less willing to invest in them, because past experience has proven that 99% of the investment's icos can't make you profitable and will eventually fail.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:58:43 AM

If today's investment is quite a lot of poor quality projects, it is difficult to succeed from the investment, so in my opinion, electronic money is the most risky market, they can hardly win the advantage. from this market.

tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 02:19:33 PM

It is a good way also to filter out the good and the scam Ico. For me, I found out if the ico was great, when they don't really care about the current condition of the market. Because they aim on the project's deadline and really no cares for the money they got on the investor.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:44:01 PM

Indeed, this year is a challenge for investors to be more careful in choosing projects. There is still a lot of learning to get involved in future projects.
It should be noted in bear market analysis, slow movements but can provide little profit and stay afloat.
sakahayang

Activity: 414

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:56:09 PM

At the moment there is no meaningful progress in the coin, I get information that someone controls the coin at the exchange market.
A group of people want coins that he can compete in the crypto world, so they hold large coin coins. maybe this information can't be trusted, but if you look at the market, it seems that someone controls the price of coins. Hopefully, by the end of this year, coins will increase as at the end of the previous year.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 04:03:55 PM

At the moment there is no meaningful progress in the coin, I get information that someone controls the coin at the exchange market.
A group of people want coins that he can compete in the crypto world, so they hold large coin coins. maybe this information can't be trusted, but if you look at the market, it seems that someone controls the price of coins. Hopefully, by the end of this year, coins will increase as at the end of the previous year.

There are still ICO getting funds more than a million which I think is more than enough to make the project successful. Right now, ETH seem to be worth holding than investing to an ICO but there are projects like EOSEX which asking for EOS instead. The team seem to have a good marketing that tokens are getting sold, to be fair the project is real good though exchange project had flood the ICOs already.

e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:07:14 PM

Bears have been on the market for too long, which generally indicates that the market should seriously prepare to lose investors who have worked in the market for so long before, the current market situation does not like investors in general.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 04:13:18 PM

But in essence isn't it good to have a strong valuation even if it turns you overvalued it since initially as an ICO you must show strength to your investors? Its only what follows after that that determines if you under/over valued your project.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:02:26 AM

Even now, projects are able to raise such funds, in my opinion, people have become more cautious to invest, so they are waiting for serious projects!
Well, that is usually always the thing that gets to happen in the long run as the market keeps getting more matured. We get to see people tending to realize what they should be doing and what they should not be doing, and then as a result of that, the whole hype tend to die down gradually and people start getting wise.

Nonetheless, we also have to understand that not everybody will as some are always gullible enough to stay in their own world of ignorance than learning on how to always do things right, so in a way there will always be the greedy gullible ones.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:10:09 AM

We haven't seen a real wave of ICO fixing. Believe me, most of ICOs are patient enough and they are waiting for bull run, but the longer down trend is, the more money they need and close to New year they will start fixing again. By the way why do you call them greedy? They need money for development, that's it
nezzard

Activity: 434