Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🌀 Blur Network(BLUR) 🌀 | PoW Cryptonight-Dynamic | CPU/Solo Mining | DPoW  (Read 41154 times)
blurnetwork (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 9

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 02:38:30 AM

Have you ever had similar project here at BCT? Seems like I've alreday seen such projetc here. Maybe i am mistaken though...

You must be mistaken. This is the first project I’ve created. Planning on it being the only one as well.

It’s a part of why we are choosing to confine things to a single enclosed ecosystem. I feel that a lot of what goes on with CryptoNote clones is bad for crypto in general. We don’t need more copy coins. I think that if one is going to do so, there should be an expectation of it being made known that the developer has multiple projects... and I think that they should be confined to the same ecosystem, in that event. But this is just my personal ethical compass

No more trading volume in altilly dev? What is happening? But there is a long list of buy and sell orders though. I checked this to see if I can cpu mine this coin because the price is not bad as compared to other cpu mineable coin. However, I want to check the current difficulty but your explorer is not up :

Sorry! Explorer was down for a few hours. It is back up now. 99% of BLUR’s trading volume  is on Txbit.io. I would prefer that some of the volume move over to Altilly as well, so please place an offer there if you want! However, you may have better luck on Txbit.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 02:43:00 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2019, 03:51:18 AM by blurnetwork

Why my wallet not sync? Sad

blurd.exe --add-priority-node=66.70.188.178:52541 --add-priority-node=66.70.189.131:52541 --add-priority-node=66.70.189.183:52541 --p2p-bind-port=52541 --rpc-bind-port=52542 --rpc-bind-ip=127.0.0.1

(outdated info removed)
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 10:05:56 PM

Have you ever had similar project here at BCT? Seems like I've alreday seen such projetc here. Maybe i am mistaken though...

You must be mistaken. This is the first project I’ve created. Planning on it being the only one as well.

It’s a part of why we are choosing to confine things to a single enclosed ecosystem. I feel that a lot of what goes on with CryptoNote clones is bad for crypto in general. We don’t need more copy coins. I think that if one is going to do so, there should be an expectation of it being made known that the developer has multiple projects... and I think that they should be confined to the same ecosystem, in that event. But this is just my personal ethical compass

No more trading volume in altilly dev? What is happening? But there is a long list of buy and sell orders though. I checked this to see if I can cpu mine this coin because the price is not bad as compared to other cpu mineable coin. However, I want to check the current difficulty but your explorer is not up :

Sorry! Explorer was down for a few hours. It is back up now. 99% of BLUR’s trading volume  is on Txbit.io. I would prefer that some of the volume move over to Altilly as well, so please place an offer there if you want! However, you may have better luck on Txbit.

Explorer is up now. Yes, no more trading volume in altilly, you might get delisted if this will continue. Will try to mine this coin and let's see if I can still get something. Never used that Txbit before but you have better price on that exchange than altilly and of course there is active trading.
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:50:09 AM

Here we go... Nearly unminable at this point, compared to just a few months back.

Nice chart.

https://txbit.io/Trade/BLUR/BTC
fart-master

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 09:35:36 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2019, 10:15:25 AM by fart-master

So this coin can now be gpu and pool mined. The blur team did not believe me when i said their coin could easily be both gpu and pool mined. So i did it to prove to them how easy it was and to demonstrate how the recent nethash gains could be gpu miners.

So here is a pool for y'all
http://167.86.119.62:8080

and you can get a miner (nvidia only, amd is wip) by building the source code at
https://github.com/fart-master/blur-miner

BTW, how is dpow going? I saw this
Integrations are looking like they’ll be done around the end of June. Possibly a week or two into July.
it is now the end of November
trackingcryptos

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 05:38:12 PM

dev f*cked the community by abandoning the project.   no revival attempt will succeed.  stay away from this scam.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 01:53:49 AM

dev f*cked the community by abandoning the project.   no revival attempt will succeed.  stay away from this scam.

Indeed. Their discord is quite interesting... dev leaves, comes back not even a day later, says the project isn't supposed to be a currency nor have monetary value, won't prove he didn't dump his premine funds, largely writes off the KMD dpow implementation he was working on in an effort to secure directly with BTC, and then leaves again. The project is in complete disarray... when you have an unstable dev like this, especially the sole dev, it's hard to have faith in the project. Glad I'm observing as an outsider. Good luck to all those still stuck in this dumpster fire.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 04:28:27 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2019, 04:40:03 AM by boomboom

dev f*cked the community by abandoning the project.   no revival attempt will succeed.  stay away from this scam.

Indeed. Their discord is quite interesting... dev leaves, comes back not even a day later, says the project isn't supposed to be a currency nor have monetary value, won't prove he didn't dump his premine funds, largely writes off the KMD dpow implementation he was working on in an effort to secure directly with BTC, and then leaves again. The project is in complete disarray... when you have an unstable dev like this, especially the sole dev, it's hard to have faith in the project. Glad I'm observing as an outsider. Good luck to all those still stuck in this dumpster fire.

Wait for the dust to settle, the original dev leaving might be the best thing that ever happens to Blur, seriously, if the community steps up like what happened with Monero after their original dev left, Blur could attract a lot of new talent, like XMR did.

Fluffypony, smooth moneromooo tacotime etc, none of those guys started Monero, they came after the genesis dev left

Edit, none of these guys are the dude who started monero
https://web.getmonero.org/community/team/

Blur community is open for new talent looking for opportunities, so many other cryptos have gate keepers blocking who can do things, Blur doesn't have that problem, and either did monero after the genesis dev left.

Funny, a top 20 crypto that I use for years and I can't even remember the Monero genesis devs name ... That's a selling point  Grin
morningstar88

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 09:27:19 AM

dev f*cked the community by abandoning the project.   no revival attempt will succeed.  stay away from this scam.

Wait for the dust to settle, the original dev leaving might be the best thing that ever happens to Blur, seriously, if the community steps up like what happened with Monero after their original dev left, Blur could attract a lot of new talent, like XMR did.

Fluffypony, smooth moneromooo tacotime etc, none of those guys started Monero, they came after the genesis dev left

Blur community is open for new talent looking for opportunities, so many other cryptos have gate keepers blocking who can do things, Blur doesn't have that problem, and either did monero after the genesis dev left.

Funny, a top 20 crypto that I use for years and I can't even remember the Monero genesis devs name ... That's a selling point  Grin

I don't think it will recover and i don't think any other dev will join.
Everyone who opens his mouth in there gets banned.
It will get worse now because the current mods are complete idiots, even more so than biz was.

This is a Haven like exit scam and it is going into round 2 now.
I pitty those who have not sold yet.
fart-master

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 09:32:34 AM

Except blur is broken software that offers nothing over monero, which it forked from. Trouble syncing, trouble staying connected to the network. multiple chain rollbacks. Not to mention it was taken offline on txbit because coins were locked and they didn't know why. I did have a pool, but it became too much work to maintain because the node wouldn't keep connections and even the rpc wallet failed to stay connected to the node. Massively broken piece of software, with an undisclosed amount of coins locked and presumably burned. a coin whose original vision of multiple chains for different devices being totally destroyed by gpu miners running rampant on what was meant to be a "cpu only" chain.

Then on top of all that we have a dev saying this coin isn't meant to have any value, burning bridges with his new komodo friends and throwing away his new found dpow vision (which was 5 months behind his own deadline anyway). Blur is just another dead monero shitfork at this point. why would anyone revive this over the thousand other dead monero shitforks that exist?
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 07:20:38 PM

Except blur is broken software that offers nothing over monero, which it forked from. Trouble syncing, trouble staying connected to the network. multiple chain rollbacks. Not to mention it was taken offline on txbit because coins were locked and they didn't know why. I did have a pool, but it became too much work to maintain because the node wouldn't keep connections and even the rpc wallet failed to stay connected to the node. Massively broken piece of software, with an undisclosed amount of coins locked and presumably burned. a coin whose original vision of multiple chains for different devices being totally destroyed by gpu miners running rampant on what was meant to be a "cpu only" chain.

Then on top of all that we have a dev saying this coin isn't meant to have any value, burning bridges with his new komodo friends and throwing away his new found dpow vision (which was 5 months behind his own deadline anyway). Blur is just another dead monero shitfork at this point. why would anyone revive this over the thousand other dead monero shitforks that exist?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, with trouble syncing or trouble staying connected to the network. We also haven't had a hardfork since over 400,000 blocks ago, much less a rollback.  (Check the current chain height: 760,000+ ... last fork was block 342,000).   Further, if you're uncomfortable with bleeding-edge technology, and occasional lack of stability... You should probably focus on some other project.  Innovation isn't the most stable goal in software development.  I've said many times that BLUR is experimental by design.   If you're not comfortable with us pushing the envelope... definitely best to find another point of interest in crypto.

offers nothing over monero

Simply untrue.  Our daemons have had OpenAlias, ZeroMQ, MiniUPnP, and all DNS-related functionality completely removed from our codebase.  You'll have a much more secure experience running a Blur node as a result (Monero just had a vulnerability related to ZeroMQ) than you will running a Monero node.  Couple that with the recursive DNS server those nodes run, and well... you could wind up as an unsuspecting DNS cannon in DDoSes, or worse.

coins locked and burned

No idea what you're referring to here.  If you can cite an actual issue, I can properly address it.  But I'm not sure if you're just pulling nonsense out of a hat, or what.

gpu miners running rampant

I've said many times that we won't play the game of pointless "hardware resistance".  Such a thing simply does not exist.  A separate GPU chain will be launched relatively soon, with a custom algorithm and standard emission curve.  This launch (in-tandem), should serve to incentivize GPU miners to take their devices over to that chain, as the block rewards from early-adoption-biased emission will exceed those on the main chain, for a period of time.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 07:25:14 PM

I don't think it will recover and i don't think any other dev will join.
Everyone who opens his mouth in there gets banned.
It will get worse now because the current mods are complete idiots, even more so than biz was.

This is a Haven like exit scam and it is going into round 2 now.
I pitty those who have not sold yet.

This is kind of funny, because I wrote the first article predicting the Haven fallout that would come around a year afterward.

Link: https://whalereports.com/the-munnypot-2-haven-protocol-xhv-a-critical-review/
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 07:27:57 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2019, 07:41:35 PM by blurnetwork

Funny, a top 20 crypto that I use for years and I can't even remember the Monero genesis devs name ... That's a selling point  Grin

We are very much open to new contributors and any assistance that the community can volunteer.  Contributions are evaluated based on their merit, and we don't ever say "no" to ideas.  

Thanks for the support and for believing in Blur!  We have only been able to keep going, thanks to the massive response we got from community members willing to help out.  While we do now have enough hands on deck to keep things properly decentralized on the administrative-side of things... We can always use more. Drop by our discord chat, post a message, and we'll see how your skills might fit into our current committee.

Please note: We are driven entirely by volunteer efforts.  Unfortunately, we can't provide bounties for work, etc.  Community funding can be inquired about, directly to the community members in-chat, though.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 09:14:28 PM

A snap package for the Blur Network GUI (Graphical Wallet) has been released, as well as an update to v0.1.9.9.2 for the CLI Tools snap package!

This packaging makes the GUI available on most distributions of linux, and retains all functionality of the blur-network-gui repository's releases.  Snap packaging seems to make networking/connectivity markedly smoother, as well as potentially making the GUI more private and secure.  This is due to the unique confinement feature of snaps.

Grab the package here: https://snapcraft.io/blur-wallet

Or simply install it with a sudo snap install blur-wallet

Once you've downloaded it, you can run the package with the command blur-wallet from a terminal.  That command will launch the GUI interface.  Support for standard desktop launchers may not yet work.  Please let us know if they (i.e. Start Menu) work for you!

Command-Line Interface:
https://github.com/blur-network/blur/releases
Blur Network CLI Tools Snap Package:

Or install with: sudo snap install blur
When launching the snap, include the startup flag blur.blurd --p2p-bind-port=52541 for the best network connectivity.

Graphical Wallet:
https://github.com/blur-network/blur-network-gui/releases
Blur Network Graphical Wallet Snap Package:

Or install with: sudo snap install blur-wallet
Run with 'blur-wallet' from a terminal, once installed
REDVGREAT

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

happylanding

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2020, 06:22:42 AM

dpow has been transplanted successfully, hope everything goes well, very great project

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 11:30:49 AM

dpow has been transplanted successfully, hope everything goes well, very great project

This is great news, time to back up the truck and fill the bags!
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2020, 10:05:52 PM

DPoW development is indeed coming along nicely Smiley

Very close to completion, at present.
Djurica

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 12:23:44 AM

So this coin can now be gpu and pool mined. The blur team did not believe me when i said their coin could easily be both gpu and pool mined. So i did it to prove to them how easy it was and to demonstrate how the recent nethash gains could be gpu miners.

and you can get a miner (nvidia only, amd is wip) by building the source code at

Integrations are looking like they’ll be done around the end of June. Possibly a week or two into July.

Dear all,
Can you please send us cpu miner for windows.

Thank you,

Djurica
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 06:55:05 PM

Dear all,
Can you please send us cpu miner for windows.

Thank you,

Djurica

Miner is embedded in the daemon. There are instructions in the README here: https://github.com/Blur-network/blur
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2020, 07:12:01 PM

DPoW has entered the testing phase with Komodo (KMD).  See here for details: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/dPoW/pull/126
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: