Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:06:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 52 Times Bitcoin Died 2010 - 2018 (infographic)  (Read 452 times)
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:47:24 PM

yes bitcoin is dead and therefore I advise you to invest in new crypto projects like Socratus

Are you kidding? Bitcoin will live and will continue to grow. He was buried so many times and said it was a pyramid and it would burst. But as you can see she is not broke and lives.... And will live.
But as for the other coins, then Yes they can earn, but constantly keep, you need not all. But I don't know Your coin, but I will definitely read about it.
Bitcoin is dead? Nah! Bitcoin is prone to bad news all the time, but bitcoin never died. If bitcoin is dead? Then why it is still have value? I think that the dead is your patience on bitcoin, because you are one of them, the people that only wanted to earn but can't sacrifice their time on a thing that is not sure if it can benefits them. A wise investor sometime fail, but because of that fail, they will grow and become wiser, for them to be successful on their next investments.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCkings (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 07:50:52 PM

I looked a bit at the Obituaries website, and I came to a different conclusion.

Most "Bitcoin is dead" articles in 2017 were recorded in December, when even the most permabullish Bitcoin fan should have recognized that the price was "overheating" a bit. 10 of them came after the peak (Dec 20). And in 2018, we have already more Obituaries per month than in 2017.

So the "obituary peak" seems to be co-related with high prices. More precisely, most of these articles are written in the last part of the bull cycle and the first part of the bear cycle. This is also the point public attention for Bitcoin is at its peak.

High price periods are not "whale entry points". Instead, these articles pop up as a result of a very natural process:
- Media see that a topic (in this case, Bitcoin) has grown strongly in popular attention
- They know that a controversial article about this topic will give them clicks and shares (=attention and income)
- So they write a "Bitcoin is dead" article.

It's basically the way sensationalist journalism works. Nothing new here Wink

(There is one year escaping from this trend: 2015. It was the beginning of the last bull cycle, but I guess it was also the point where real sentiment in the Bitcoin community was most bearish.)
Hmm....this is interesting! You are probably right about that sensasion journalism cycle. Have to follow the phenomenon it when the next bull cycle hits Smiley
Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:56:41 PM

You must always think reasonably and your head. All of these illustrations are just what you need for something and that's all.
GQ_Crypto

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:09:59 PM

Bitcoin will never perish. I remember how in 2014 they showed news about bitcoin and said that they banned him everywhere and he would die, but this did not happen. Now the same situation.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 09:24:22 PM

It's way more than that, the exact number is actually 319 times and counting.

Source: https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

Don't know how many times I've shared this website before, but it's usually always right after it has crashed.
People tend to post threads here with the title 'Bitcoin is dead', always fun to post that link on those occasions Wink

Kapyong

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

Writer

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:50:15 PM

Gday all Smiley

Here is a link to the actual info-graphic so we can read it here :

Kapyong
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:54:36 PM

yes bitcoin is dead and therefore I advise you to invest in new crypto projects like Socratus

How did you say that bitcoin is dead? There are still a lot of demand and there is still a circulating supply in the market. And even it will not become zero in value because after it falls many times bitcoin always rise.

kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:26:08 PM

Here's an infographic that shows 52 ways Bitcoin died in 2010 – 2018. Funnily it seems that the same news and doomsday talks seem to continue from year to year and Bitcoin just goes on. And also, when the course dips, more and more these articles pop up. When the course is going up, there seems to be not so much doomsday articles. Anyway here it is:

Sorry couldn't paste it here because don't have enough "karma"...
Haha! This only shows how much haters Bitcoin has! Something I really don't understand. Well, we all have our own opinions about everything, and these Bitcoin haters certainly have their own. If you'll think about it, Bitcoin would be a zombie coin for the number of times it has been put to death! Hhmmm...Zombie coin, has a good ring to it. 😉

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:24:28 AM

Funnily it seems that the same news and doomsday talks seem to continue from year to year and Bitcoin just goes on. And also, when the course dips, more and more these articles pop up. When the course is going up, there seems to be not so much doomsday articles.
nah, the doomsday articles always come out at key entry points when the whales want to make an entrance in the market. for example if you check out the above link there has been 125 articles only in 2017 which is the most ones and we had a big rise then. of course it is also increasing with the popularity of bitcoin and as it increases the fear in the hearts of banking cartel who don't want to see bitcoin grow.

Most "Bitcoin is dead" articles in 2017 were recorded in December, when even the most permabullish Bitcoin fan should have recognized that the price was "overheating" a bit. 10 of them came after the peak (Dec 20). And in 2018, we have already more Obituaries per month than in 2017.

So the "obituary peak" seems to be co-related with high prices. More precisely, most of these articles are written in the last part of the bull cycle and the first part of the bear cycle. This is also the point public attention for Bitcoin is at its peak.

High price periods are not "whale entry points". Instead, these articles pop up as a result of a very natural process:
- Media see that a topic (in this case, Bitcoin) has grown strongly in popular attention
- They know that a controversial article about this topic will give them clicks and shares (=attention and income)
- So they write a "Bitcoin is dead" article.

It's basically the way sensationalist journalism works. Nothing new here Wink

(There is one year escaping from this trend: 2015. It was the beginning of the last bull cycle, but I guess it was also the point where real sentiment in the Bitcoin community was most bearish.)

"entry" doesn't happen just once. whales are constantly going in and out to make profit in short term also and when bitcoin swings big time they make the most profit. examples:
Forbes 2017-12-28[1]  and Bloomberg 2017-12-27 price is on the downtrend and in 2 days following these artilces the price goes down to $12000 before rising back up to $17200 (43% profit in a week).

bitcoin is on downtrend from $16700 to $13000 from 2017-12-7 to 11 and Washington Post[3] Bloomberg[4] The Telegraph[5] publish the obituary before price rises up to $20k (53% in 10 days)

another major downtrend during September from $4900 to $2900. during which time CNBC[6] CNBC (Jamie Dimon FUD)[7] Forbes[8],... spread FUD, just before price starts rising back up again and reaches $6000 (106% in 2 weeks)

.... and a lot more. these 3 specific sites (Forbes, Bloomberg and CNBC) at least have always been on point with publishing in the dips before the shoot up in most cases.

but I agree that with the fact that when bitcoin is overheating they also publish a lot of crap for attention and click baits.

[1] https://www.forbes.com/sites/jayadkisson/2017/12/28/the-great-bitcoin-scam/#70a7afb15c1e
[2] https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-27/bitcoin-is-an-implausible-currency
[3] https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/12/11/why-bitcoins-success-could-be-its-downfall/?utm_term=.9ab38bcc5e2b
[4] https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-11/bitcoin-has-no-intrinsic-value-brookfield-ceo-flatt-says
[5] http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/12/08/new-gold-bitcoin-like-beanie-baby-bubble/
[6] https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/bitcoin-is-in-a-bubble-and-heres-how-its-going-to-crash-ron-insana.html
[7] https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/jpmorgan-ceo-jamie-dimon-raises-flag-on-trading-revenue-sees-20-percent-fall-for-the-third-quarter.html
[8] https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2017/09/09/why-china-crushed-bitcoin

Only Bitcoin
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:47:08 AM

Hmm, interesting infographic, thanks for share...

Haters Gonna Hate  Grin

Bitcoin will stand and never die because many people around the world still believe in the power of Bitcoin...
No matter how much Bitcoin falls because of FUD, Bitcoin will rise again and again...

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6054

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:00:24 PM

nah, the doomsday articles always come out at key entry points when the whales want to make an entrance in the market. for example if you check out the above link there has been 125 articles only in 2017 which is the most ones and we had a big rise then. of course it is also increasing with the popularity of bitcoin and as it increases the fear in the hearts of banking cartel who don't want to see bitcoin grow.
.... and a lot more. these 3 specific sites (Forbes, Bloomberg and CNBC) at least have always been on point with publishing in the dips before the shoot up in most cases.
OK, nice observation. But that phenomenon may also have other explanations than whales paying media outlets so they can re-enter Bitcoin (which is what you are insinuating, I think).

My guess is that those outlets have an audience which has - in its majority - negative opinions about Bitcoin (e.g. bankers which think cryptocurrency is a "joke" or a danger for their business model). So they publish an article just when a dip occurs - so this part of the audience clicks on it and is happy that "they were right". Again: Click -> Attention -> Profit.

There may be manipulation of media by whales, but I don't think this occurs in big outlets very often. I think our beloved (sort of ...) "cryptocurrency media" is much more vulnerable to these manipulations, although more by (mostly altcoin) bulls than by bears.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JACKSW4G

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:33:55 AM

Here's an infographic that shows 52 ways Bitcoin died in 2010 – 2018. Funnily it seems that the same news and doomsday talks seem to continue from year to year and Bitcoin just goes on. And also, when the course dips, more and more these articles pop up. When the course is going up, there seems to be not so much doomsday articles. Anyway here it is:

It seems that bitcoin is quite healthy, if he has been dead  so many times and it is still alive, I can say that every upcoming scary news can be neglected, knowing how many times they would try to kill it already.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:29:23 PM

Another 3 deaths and we will celebrate the anniversary)) It's certainly funny and sad at the same time)) People are constantly panicking)
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:36:30 PM

there is no need to use the world died. It dropped in price, that's absolutely inevitable with all the assets, but it didn't die. It would mean that it wouldn't go further form there

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:41:29 PM

The news articles about btc  is just click-bait, the news webpages are writing news what people like.
And people like to hear that btc is dead because it makes feel them better of them self's. This causes some FUD but it is nothing out of the ordinary.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:44:17 PM

Wow very nice sharing! Thanks man!
Hope this is still true in the future LOL. I need to see a green market with higher price of BTC! Good luck everybody
Flowerbiuq

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

There are many times a year that Bitcoin is getting stronger and stronger with constant skepticism, and we have reason to believe that this time, too, I think there will be a revision by the end of the year.
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:46:53 PM

Maybe some will say that bitcoin is dead because their experience  with is not good. While some are just sour graping. But whatever is their purpose of making FUDs, bitcoin is still and will still be strong.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:59:19 PM

I can only confirm this infographic and the topic. So many times I've had to read that Bitcoin is dead and it's over. It's getting really boring. Bitcoin is still alive and getting bigger and better known and this will certainly continue for the next few years. But I'm sure we'll continue to hear people say Bitcoin is dead. We will certainly get the 100 Bitcoin deaths full in the next few years.  Cheesy
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:38:56 PM

Maybe some will say that bitcoin is dead because their experience  with is not good. While some are just sour graping. But whatever is their purpose of making FUDs, bitcoin is still and will still be strong.

That's also what i think here. Those that lost a lot of money are probably the ones that are most into spreading panic and wanting btc to ultimately crash to justify their losses. And of course there are also these whales that high holders wanting to pull the value down to make the most profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: