Bitcoin Forum
November 15, 2018, 01:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC needed for all Airdrop and Bounty campaign  (Read 134 times)
Logan@

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:34:06 AM

Is KYC needed for all ICO Airdrop and Bounty campaign?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alluro

Activity: 392
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:50:23 AM

No, most airdrop and bounty campaigns don't need KYC. But some airdrop and bounty campaigns need KYC. The bounty managers have added those details on bitcointalk bounty threads. If you can't find them, you can ask those details from bounty managers or their telegram groups.

Logan@

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:52:31 AM

No, most airdrop and bounty campaigns don't need KYC. But some airdrop and bounty campaigns need KYC. The bounty managers have added those details on bitcointalk bounty threads. If you can't find them, you can ask those details from bounty managers or their telegram groups.

But to get their tokens we will need to do KYC, right? or we can get those token without KYC?
nakamura12

Activity: 280
Merit: 21

Dual-Chain Bitcoin Air

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:03:18 PM

Some Airdrop requires KYC to avoid cheating that will prevent duplicate accounts in participation. Some Airdrop won't require KYC for anonimity of personal details since cryptocurrency's goal is being anonymous in the crypto industy to be safe and to prevent selling information to the BLACK MARKET.

█               B i t c o i n  A i r   ★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★                 █
► ►  Lightweight    ► ►  Transparent    ► ►  Lightning Fast

●   Telegram   Twitter   Discord   Medium   Github   Reddit   ●               
DrMill

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:57:21 PM

But to get their tokens we will need to do KYC, right? or we can get those token without KYC?

Not necessarily. In fact only some of them need your KYC information. As for me, I'm not very comfortable with such KYC requirement, because of scam and privacy risks.

https://www.skyfchain.io/
SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
mjglqw

Activity: 756
Merit: 426

⭐ https://coinsources.io/

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 03:23:12 PM

Only a small percentage of token airdrops (probably <10%) requires KYC information. I personally don't suggest that you give the airdrops your KYC information, but if you're planning to, be completely sure about the project your taking part in. They might just be requiring KYC information for identity theft.

Jeex

Activity: 364
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 03:32:55 PM

NO! KYC is only needed for fraudsters who want to get your copies of documents in exchange for a promise of profit! Never send your copies of documents to scammers!
mjglqw

Activity: 756
Merit: 426

⭐ https://coinsources.io/

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 03:51:29 PM

NO! KYC is only needed for fraudsters who want to get your copies of documents in exchange for a promise of profit! Never send your copies of documents to scammers!

I'm pretty sure not every project out there that requires KYC are requiring it for fraud, and also, not every airdrop out there promises profits. A good example would be Polymath. They required KYC, but I don't see any signs of them being a scam (for now).

nunibanuni

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM

As far as i know it is not necessary to do kyc in airdrops though some projects are requesting it, but its really rare happening. So it really depends on the project that you joined.
Logan@

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:21:12 PM

So you are suggesting that if they are asking for KYC then I should not go for those ICO. Right?
songoku1989

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:20:15 PM

The airdrop and bounty campaigns often arrest KYC to limit fraudsters. To ensure fairness for participants
Komorhan

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:32:13 PM

now they do not want all kyc. but more and more projects now require KYC. as far as I can see they will want it all later. But bounty and airdrop give you kyc for all the information you offer. you have to think that they will lose if they get the wrong people.

PayneCharity

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:42:19 PM

I think we need KYC for airdrop. Because there are some people who create a lot of social networking accounts to cheat airdrop. And I think KYC for bounty is not necessary
EMS-007

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:44:22 AM

Any project/s that require KYC for Bounty and Airdrops is i Big Suspicious IMO! I wil never support any projects and entrust my personal and banking details in exchange of unsure amount along Bounty and KYC..
One good example for this is CIBUS that requires  KYC for bounty and airdrops then the price rapidly went down afterwards!
Cool

maxjirawat

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:12:33 AM

More project need KYC to identify who you are.
and more project no require KYC.
Beware scam project ask privatekey **dont give privatekey to anyone**
SuiMikira

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:16:27 AM

KYC is not necessary for any bounty and airdrop programs, only investors need to do KYC cauz they are customers of the ICO. Stay away bounty and airdrop require KYC, they collect your information for bad purposes.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Lakai01

Activity: 294
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 07:28:06 AM

Some Airdrops require KYC, but most of them don't. When it comes to bounties, the better the bounty the more its likely that they require KYC. In my opinion its a good sign if a bounty requires KYC!

Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 140

SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:51:04 AM

I would never participate in airdrop or bounty forcing people to KYC. Some scam projects are created by hackers. And hackers can get people's information for use for malicious purposes

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Thirdspace

Activity: 798
Merit: 609

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:23:35 AM

I would personally skip/ignore any airdrop that requires KYC
and why would bounty campaign also requires KYC?
when you signed up your twitter/facebook account to join bounty campaign,
you've already lost portion of your privacy by exposing your social media account

Punit kumar

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:38:22 AM

No, most airdrop and bounty campaigns don't need KYC. But some airdrop and bounty campaigns need KYC.  If you can't find them, you can ask those details from bounty managers or their telegram groups.More airdrop need KYC to identify who you are. It depends the airdrop....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.