Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:24:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies Can Never Replace Fiat – Says EU report  (Read 627 times)
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:21:19 PM

I agree with the report, crypto will never replace fiat but I'm the coming years we might start seeing more crypto adoption. My major problem is the too many cryptocurrencies out there and many coins are still being launched every month.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:31:43 PM

Honestly I do not get bothered with whether cryptocurrency will replace fiat or not. Only time will tell. This is  a day's job and not only sweet saying. What cryptocurrency and blockchain technology will do is what the world is waiting for. Lets join the train and be part of history.
kamoto

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:28:20 AM

Will be able;)
Sooner or later it must happen. Crypto currency has a huge amount of advantage over Fiat. Yes, and it is trite to carry paper with dead presidents not so conveniently as digital money. And do not forget about the decentralization, which would simplify the life of almost all people. It remains to be hoped that the future for the centralized
Mcdacillo

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:53:20 PM

The European Parliament’s Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) has come up with a report on cryptocurrency entitled “Virtual currencies and central bank’s monetary policy: challenges ahead”. The finding of reports shows that cryptocurrency will not replace fiat currency, even in the long term. https://bit.ly/2NeLgLr

In my opinion, well, even though bitcoin will not be able to defeat the fiat currency it will have a good and bad effect on bitcoin users with their own perspectives. For me, it wil be a good effect on bitcoin because if bitcoin will defeat fiat currency then there is a chance that the government will held the bitcoin and start to regulates the cryptocurrency. So, I think it is better that bitcoin will not surpass in bitcoin in terms of usage, but in terms of price I thinks its bitcoin.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity

tonysitaly

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

The report on the encrypted currency proposed by the economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament is very correct, because bitcoin has not been combined with state power, which is difficult to become Fiat. Although the encrypted community is expanding, I think bitcoin will become the best alternative to Fiat.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:29:50 PM

Crypto can't replace fiat because it is leaps and bounds above fiat money.  Fiat money has a centralized authority that can print more money digitally with a click of a button or physically.  With true cryptocurrency like bitcoin  everything is guided by math.  We know the exact inflation rates, total supply, etc.  I wouldn't take advice from the government as they stand to lose a lot from fiat money being overtake.
Yes i also think that crypto currency never replace fiat currency because it still doesn't able to gain the trust of people. And cryptocurrency are not a globally accepted currency. It is still not clear to many people and it is too complicated to understand. Many government ban cryptocurrency in their country because cryptocurrency badly influence their economy and financial growth. Cryptocurrency are volatile in nature and it is one of the biggest behind this topic. Cryptocurrency are decentralised so if any thing wrong happen no one take responsibility of this.
Diablomania

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:46:31 PM

And who cares about that? just wait for a little bit more and then you are going to see it replacing it, but it wil ltake more than a few years to be honest.
Maybe we are going to need to wait for more than months to see it happening, it is not something easy to see

TheRiddingCoin5

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:56:01 PM

The way I see it, crypto currency is not replace fiat but to work alongside it. Just like credit cards and bank transfers work along side cash.
DOGECOIN92

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:48:27 PM

I don’t really think the plan for cryptocurrency was to replace fiat, rather is to mitigate some areas and create new and simpler payments options. This has worked out so far and fait can continue to dominate physical payments while cryptocurrency continues to dominate digital payments and physical payments too( when need be ).
bungsoh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:54:35 AM

Cryptocurrency cannot replace the fiat not a problem for us. Users of cryptocurrencies do not allow it. Anyway, this is not the purpose of created cryptocurrencies. Fiat is the currency of a State. The state must have a centralized currency. It should.
marcosfx

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:32:14 AM

I agree with this point for that situation. I think fait will be alive for a long time because many people in the world don't believe in crypto and its perspective. It is very simple to understand them. It is their own opinion for the future.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Christine Viveiross

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:47:15 PM

Cryptocurrencies are suffered from many shortcomings including its intrinsic characteristics like anonymity. Transactions not requring personal information advantage criminals in illegal activities. In short, there's no way that virtual money will be an alternative for fiat money.
Haniya Syed

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:48:19 PM

Digital currency is borderless and untraceable, meaning tax losses. And government will never accept that to happen. I think that's one of the reason why they don't wanna replace their national currency.
kys.berkut

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:49:23 PM

Digital currency is complicated to control. In case crisis or hyperinflation happens, the Central bank can hardly to offer suitable policies, while it's much easier with fiat money, which is under the central bank's regulation.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:34:37 PM

I absolutely agree with European Union Committee, cause cryptocurrencies are absolutely inconvenient for using at this moment.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:39:38 PM

It is very true and I don't think most of us have even thought of cryptocurrency replacing fiat. Not everyone in our countries have the technical know how to understand cryptocurrency and so to replace fiat with cryptocurrency will mean total doom for such people of which no government would want to do.

AshikurRahmanKhan16
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:41:08 PM

Cryptocurrencies Can Never Replace Fiat - It is true and I Think crtyp[to shouldn't do that.  Fiat money is a centralized money, Governments are controlling that money. But Crypto money is a digital and anonymous and the government can't control Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin or other altcoins. Especially I want to see cryptocurrency like this at a higher price. I don't think about crypto under regulation. If crypto goes to under regulations then Crypto will replace the fiat money too. But I don't want to see that
IamKnowledge

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:49:40 PM

Cryptocurriencies are online currencies and hence are not the same as fiat. Even though both currencies are aimed at the same purpose ie buying and selling, their mode of operations are different. So do not expect crptocurrencies to replace fiat. They would rather work hand in hand.
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:53:25 PM

I don't think crypto was made to replace fiat, a good population of the world are yet to hear about crypto not to talk of understanding what it is and I don't think in the next 10 years it would have spread to every part of the world. Crypto and fiat can co exist.
Btcnaivie

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:02:10 PM

The European Parliament’s Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) has come up with a report on cryptocurrency entitled “Virtual currencies and central bank’s monetary policy: challenges ahead”. The finding of reports shows that cryptocurrency will not replace fiat currency, even in the long term. https://bit.ly/2NeLgLr

In my own opinion,  cryptocurrency can never replace fiat currency. Fiat currencies will continue to dominate as long as there are nation states and governments are powerful enough to enforce their laws. Fiat currencies exist because the alternatives, such a gold, ultimately failed to meet the demands of the modern world. Bitcoin is similar to gold, but actually worse in the supply is even more constrained.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: