Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Stake Coin List  (Read 49041 times)
StakeHunter (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:56:55 PM

One thing I noticed. Scrypt Jane and Scrypt N are really the same category so you can probably combine them. Also, YAC is on Bter exchange in addition to cryptsy.

Changes made.
I'm just listing the "biggest" exchange. I know it is arguable Bter/Cryptsy...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:31:17 AM

One thing I noticed. Scrypt Jane and Scrypt N are really the same category so you can probably combine them. Also, YAC is on Bter exchange in addition to cryptsy.

Changes made.
I'm just listing the "biggest" exchange. I know it is arguable Bter/Cryptsy...

Ah, OK, sorry I didn't see that.
StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:26:11 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 03:42:17 PM by StakeHunter

Updated list...not for the good. There are false claims out there.
False claims - Coins with a strike through are broken and do not have stake.

Starcoin has been struck - its stake code is broken.
Diamond is struck. Its code is broken - but the devs claim they are working on a fix.

I am about to strike Galaxycoin & Cosmoscoin - I have been sitting on them for a month and nothing...I've looked through the block explorer for GLX and I can't find a stake. I don't know of a good explorer for cosmos, so I haven't been able to check.

Also, Bottlecaps - I believe the claim of 5% a month to be false. I looked at the block explorer and it looks like CAP is set at 1% per year still, which would be ~.1% per month.

Grain info added.

Added the following coins to the list:
Inkacoin
Growthcoin - yes its back

Added Cryptobuck - Although PoW is broken at this point.
GB89

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:09:55 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 07:01:43 PM by GB89

Is there any info to add to BlackCoin since it's release? From my understanding it's suppose to be 1% stake yearly but I'm not sure how true that is.

Also I have a question about QuickQuickCoin. I looked at my QQC-qt and noticed it does show stake within the client itself however after doing research I've yet to find any information. Does anyone know if this coin does indeed generate PoS?

Lastly does anyone have information on MicroCoin's stake information? I have a bunch of coins in my wallet but have yet to generate stake.

softron

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:17:34 PM

Very helpful guide thanks

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:19:36 AM

ADT v2.0 is scrypt POS > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440353.60

I have mentioned it before maybe it needs to be bigger lol

StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

Sorry  Cry
Updated...
StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

Added ADT.

I can confirm stake for Blackcoin, Cash & TEK.

Blackcoin will take you longer than 8hrs - I had 11K of coin and it took ~ 2 days.
- IMO Blackcoin is interesting ONLY because the stake is so short.
- I will not be putting any BTC into it because its 1% yearly is not worth it from a stake standpoint - and that's my focus.  

Cash took about ~32 days for ~115 coins.  
StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:51:08 PM

Is there any info to add to BlackCoin since it's release? From my understanding it's suppose to be 1% stake yearly but I'm not sure how true that is.

Also I have a question about QuickQuickCoin. I looked at my QQC-qt and noticed it does show stake within the client itself however after doing research I've yet to find any information. Does anyone know if this coin does indeed generate PoS?

Lastly does anyone have information on MicroCoin's stake information? I have a bunch of coins in my wallet but have yet to generate stake.

See my post about Blackcoin...

I'll add QQC to the list - it is supposed to be 20%. However its min stake period is 1 year.
MicroCoin - it is supposed to be 20%. However its min stake period is 1 year.

IMO copy and past coins - didn't even both to change stake period from the e-mark.
GB89

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:57:57 PM

See my post about Blackcoin...

I'll add QQC to the list - it is supposed to be 20%. However its min stake period is 1 year.
MicroCoin - it is supposed to be 20%. However its min stake period is 1 year.

IMO copy and past coins - didn't even both to change stake period from the e-mark.

Thanks for the info. Great list btw, keep up the good work!

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:41:29 PM

Sorry  Cry
Updated...

Thanks Smiley

bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:03:24 PM

Zeitcoin is also PoS

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.0

25% annually and minting starts after 20 days
StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:14:56 PM

All,

GrowthCoin is alive...and the stake works - I can confirm it.
The community is small however, so there isn't much volume.

If your're a stake hunter like me - I'd pick some up or mine it (diff is low). Who knows what will happen. 
digitsmith

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:45:43 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 12:15:43 PM by digitsmith

@StakeHunter, thank you for sharing - hopefully we can all combine our knowledge and make this list beneficial to all PoS investors.

I've been investing in Hobo for a while now and I'm really starting to like PoS coins.
Mainly because of what you've shared (in this post as well as your PoS Investments post) I'm currently researching Stones (looking good) and mining some Growth.

Also researching two new PoS coins - ECC and ZEIT
Both claiming a 25% year 1 interest rate...

Edit: both ECC and ZEIT seems to be MINT clones.
digitsmith

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:51:16 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 12:19:13 PM by digitsmith

A lot of new PoS coins are cloning MINT so obviously the MINT model seems to be popular.

Not sure I like the idea of only being able to effectively PoW mine for 5 or 6 weeks?
A more gradual shift from PoW to PoS seems to make more sense imho - from a long term investment coin perspective that is.

Thoughts?
StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:50:36 PM

A lot of new PoS coins are cloning MINT so obviously the MINT model seems to be popular.

Not sure I like the idea of only being able to effectively PoW mine for 5 or 6 weeks?
A more gradual shift from PoW to PoS seems to make more sense imho - from a long term investment coin perspective that is.

Thoughts?

IMO mint became popular, so people decided to clone it and see if they could pull off the same thing. And mint itself is just a clone of DOGE with some stake tacked on as an afterthought...gimmick.

In my opinion ALL coins should be both Work and Stake. Work secures the network and keeps a community active. It allows people who don't want to buy the coin outright to get some. Stake helps stabilize the price and rewards the holder of the coin for being loyal and using the commodity - ie not just dumping them as soon as they mine them, or as soon as the price jumps a little bit.  

These flash in the pan coins - where you can only mine for a few weeks are just all noise and no substance. I bet they're a way for early adopters to make a ton of money before they are dumped. Look at mint and blackcoin right now - pump and dump.  

Devs - coin makers - I'm calling you out.
  • Stake should either be the NVC model - 100% yearly modified by stake difficulty - or 50+%
  • Stake coins must have methods to contain inflation - destroy tx fees
  • Stake age should be no greater than 30 days
All other stake is a gimmick.

Coins that don't pass the stake test use it as a hook to draw in the unaware. They throw words around like "investment," "gains," and "energy efficient." As a stake investor stay away from them. They will be ruled more by price fluctuation (pump and dump) than by stake and you will never recoup your investment through stake.  

Coins need a community - miners plus stake holders grows the community.
Coins need to be rare - not billions of coins within a few weeks or months.
Coins need to be fair - not hugely rewarding early adopters.
Coins need to be supported - good and active devs.
Coins need to be stable - work and stake that last for years.

Coins that pass those tests are worth investment.    
digitsmith

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:37:48 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 03:52:20 PM by digitsmith

i'm relatively new to crypto but this is a good summary of how my thoughts are beginning to crystallize (personally i'm not interested in a day trading approach)

also the reason why the only stake coins currently on my investment list are NVC, HBN, and PHS (recently added)
watching the resurrection of GrowthCoin closely

interesting that apart from NVC (about 2 years old) all the other coins on my list (HBN, PHS, GRW) were launched about 7-8 months ago

will be great to see a new coin designed using this model
if not i may consider refreshing my c++ skills and developing one myself
StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:56:16 PM

i'm relatively new to crypto but this is a good summary of how my thoughts are beginning to crystallize (personally i'm not interested in a day trading approach)

also the reason why the only stake coins currently on my investment list are NVC, HBN, and PHS (recently added)
watching the resurrection of GrowthCoin closely

interesting that apart from NVC (about 2 years old) HBN, PHS and GRW were all launched about 7-8 months ago

I know I'm crossing threads here - giving advice in a thread that is just about the coin lists, but I can't help it. It is time to draw a line and raise a flag about stake and coins in general. There are too many making money by preying upon others.

HBN, PHS, GRW all were born from the first scrypt alt-coin frenzy that happened after LTC and NVC became popular. However with HBN & PHS you can see that the devs and community care about their coins. There is a core there - not the bubbling frenzy of other coins but a solid core. 

The cornerstone of my stake portfolio is NVC, HBN, PHS, and TEK. Any stake investor needs to pick those 4 coins up. The ratio that you pick them up in is determined by how much risk you want to assume in your portfolio. I'll address this more in my other thread.

However, we can't just sit on our coins. As stake investors we need to do the best we can to promote and help those coins. Support bounty funds, and services, talk them up, find vendors, etc.

will be great to see a new coin designed using this model
if not i may consider refreshing my c++ skills and developing one myself

I'm on the fence about new coins. I think if we can promote the 4/5 core coins, and especially the coins with the smaller market caps, we may not need more coins. Think - if we can double or triple the market cap of the lesser coins, then the stake made also doubles and triples. We don't need other coins if we can make more on what we have simply by investing time into the current coins.

The only caveat to no more coins, may be coins with different algorithms. If someone comes out with a good stake (see above criteria) coin that is scrypt-jane, quark, or heavycoin-algo based - they may be worth watching/investing in.  
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:20:49 PM

Anyoen know the % interest on NRS?
StakeHunter (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:04:47 PM

Anyoen know the % interest on NRS?