Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✳️CoinLenders/Inputs.io depositors: Reimbursements CLOSED  (Read 4524 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:18:02 AM

TF knows enough to not ask for money via his TF account. I don’t think anyone would give him money anyway, at least not anything substantial.

The above won’t stop him from collecting money from others unfortunately. See the hashie scam that he has been accused of being behind. I doubt he is the only one who can pull off these kinds of scams. It just highlights the importance of performing due diligence prior to trusting your money with others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Exploit01

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:29:39 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 02:46:33 PM by Exploit01

Am starting to give the neagtive comments here a credibility. I did a bounty work for TF 3 days ago for 20 BTC , off escrow deal only to be ignored by him after work delivery. If I don't get any response from him within the next 24 hours... I guess il be counting a broken egg. Until then il be patient and drop him a benefit of doubt.
DumbFruit

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:12:23 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (2), Quickseller (1)

Am starting to give the neagtive comments here a credibility. I did a bounty work for TF 3 days ago for 20 BTC , off escrow deal only to be ignored by him after work delivery. If I don't get any response from him within the next 24 hours... I guess il be counting a broken egg. Until then il be patient and drop him a benefit of doubt.

Quote from: TradeFortress
A reward of 20 BTC will be offered to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of this scammer.

It's borderline impossible to arrest people internationally, so I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you. This has nothing to do with trustworthiness and everything to do with the reality of international law.

Words of advice: During this time where TradeFortress will be trying to re-establish credibility for an upcoming scam, play nice, get as many of your scammed coins back as you can, and then never communicate with this account again. If he truly wants credibility re-established, he can wait 5 years after returning your coins just like you did.

Also, for the record, anyone who claims they are receiving anything should be posting transaction links.

I'm sure your intentions are good, but this really annoys me for two reasons. The first is I made the mistake of telling people how much bitcoin I had the first go-around and I don't intend on repeating that mistake. So the implication that we aren't posting the transaction and therefore possibly in on Tradefortress' potential deception is annoying.

The second is that this advice is useless. I've had a lot of time to reflect on the large amount of bitcoins I thought I lost, and there were many lessons that I learned that I won't bore you with. The most relevant lesson here is that controlling risk has very little to do with the "credibility" of the source. When I gave over my bitcoins to Tradefortress I spent days looking through his history and I couldn't find a single credible accusation against him, he clearly had a lot of knowledge about security, and even spent a lot of time pointing out vulnerabilities and scams in other offerings back in 2013.

My point is none of this made any difference whatsoever. It wouldn't have made any difference with MtGox, Theranos, Coinlenders or all kinds of other failed companies we could talk about. Credibility is a borderline worthless indicator, because everyone can make mistakes, and no one can hear a lie that the speaker believes.

So ya, don't invest in companies you don't trust, duh, but don't invest in companies just because you trust them either.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:36:47 PM

I’m going to address this only once, but the bounty is for information that leads to the arrest of the scammer. This has not happened. While you have provided information, like dox of the person who owns the website (that was hacked), you have provided no evidence that the owner is behind the hacks, despite my repeated requests for you to do so, and based on public and private information I have every indication suggests the owner is NOT the hacker. Instead, you claim through “years of dark net analyst experience” that you are certain he is the hacker... which I do not find credible.

Your information isn’t credible and do not fill the requirements of the bounty. Please stop messaging me. I am not going to be commenting or responding further on this matter.
Exploit01

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:09:06 PM

I’m going to address this only once, but the bounty is for information that leads to the arrest of the scammer. This has not happened. While you have provided information, like dox of the person who owns the website (that was hacked), you have provided no evidence that the owner is behind the hacks, despite my repeated requests for you to do so, and based on public and private information I have every indication suggests the owner is NOT the hacker. Instead, you claim through “years of dark net analyst experience” that you are certain he is the hacker... which I do not find credible.

Your information isn’t credible and do not fill the requirements of the bounty. Please stop messaging me. I am not going to be commenting or responding further on this matter.
You claim my information aint credible yet you asked for the link between the hacker and elllee and prove that elllee was involved in the hack, which i went ahead  and gave you without further adue. Something tells me you are directly or somehow involved in this scam as well. You once pulled a similar scam in 2013, where you directly impersonated a scam. I will open a new thread based on you but meanwhile I will go ahead and post full finding reports on both threads...let people judge why I do not qualify for the bounty yet a random hacker who offered nothing but an IP got a fee. And yea, you might be calling fake shots on the re-embursment bullshit to pull another scam . Will make sure it doesnt work... Watch this.
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:06:37 PM

Well, I just received my reimbursement from TF today, It's going to be buffet treat tonight! Cheesy
Thank you TF you made my day Smiley
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 2536

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 03:31:58 PM

I'm sure your intentions are good, but this really annoys me for two reasons. The first is I made the mistake of telling people how much bitcoin I had the first go-around and I don't intend on repeating that mistake. So the implication that we aren't posting the transaction and therefore possibly in on Tradefortress' potential deception is annoying.
No offense but it’s annoying to me that you expect me to blindly accept text from a few somewhat unknown accounts as being fact, without anyone actually providing any proof. My intent was not to imply anyone was in on any deception, I just wanted a little verification - and I assumed others would as well.

Regardless, I’ve found recent transactions which appear to be showing you receiving 2 reimbursements roughly 2 weeks ago, so it appears TradeFortress is actually sending large reimbursements. But that doesn't mean he's a saint.

I personally don’t care how many bitcoins you have, and if your story is legitimate, I’m happy you recovered some of your coins, but it looks like you’ve only gotten back ~62% of what you were scammed, according to your numbers, and while I’m sure that is exciting considering the conversion rates, he’s potentially had your coins for 5 years… and still could have ~38% of them somewhere.

The second is that this advice is useless.
--snip--
Ok you learned some lessons and even though you had done your research, still got scammed. And seriously, you should share the rest of your lessons learned, they will not be a bore and may help others. But, I'm still not sure what any of this has to do with my advice, which essentially was for victims to play nicely to get their coins back but do not trust the account or who is behind it.

My point is none of this made any difference whatsoever. It wouldn't have made any difference with MtGox, Theranos, Coinlenders or all kinds of other failed companies we could talk about. Credibility is a borderline worthless indicator, because everyone can make mistakes, and no one can hear a lie that the speaker believes.
Credibility is certainly not a guarantee but I believe it is a needed indicator, one of multiple, that people should include in their decision making process. I've heard and seen through plenty of lies that a speaker may believe (Josh Zerlan comes to mind)… and it's generally done through knowledge/research (credibility is looked at here), being inquisitive, and using deductive reasoning / logic. There are certainly no guarantees this would make any difference but it doesn't mean people should stop trying.

So ya, don't invest in companies you don't trust, duh, but don't invest in companies just because you trust them either.
I agree.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
(¯`·.¸¸.-> °º [ BPIP ] º° <-.¸¸.·´¯)
๑๑۞๑,¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,๑۞๑๑
:•: Most Merit | Most Activity | Most Trusted | Most Recognized
:•: Flag Log | Most Merited Threads | DT Change Log | Most Deleted by Mods
:•: ıllıllı Sheeple ~ The System ~ Free World ~ Don't look down (NSFW) ~ Hook ~ Brainwashed ıllıllı
Exploit01

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:04:49 PM

This scumbag by the name "TradeFortress" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67058  also Known as "MICHAEL MORIARTY" is still scamming.  He came up with this topic a couple of days ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4623173.msg41977642#msg41977642 ; which he was somehow involved in. We had an off escrow deal for the 20 BTC bounty but decided to fuck me over after submitting proof of work.

HERE IS MY DEAL.. AM SELLING THIS FUCKER'S PERSONAL INFO.  Anyone willing to work with me to bring him down, Welcome on Board too.

REAL PERSONAL INFO INCLUDING RELATIVES and THE REST.

Lets finally lay this asshole to rest. Anyone interested PM me with your offers... Open to work with anyone genuine.

Regards.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:34:53 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 10:49:37 PM by suchmoon

HERE IS MY DEAL.. AM SELLING THIS FUCKER'S PERSONAL INFO.

Escrow?

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image
DumbFruit

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:14:44 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 12:32:08 AM by DumbFruit

Regardless, I’ve found recent transactions which appear to be showing you receiving 2 reimbursements roughly 2 weeks ago...
It doesn't really matter a whole lot, but imagine for a second that what Tradefortress has said is true and he was hacked, and is returning 5 years later to try to make amends to his customers, you come by asking everyone reveal the transactions implying that not only is Tradefortress is a fraud but we might be part of it. Tradefortress could easily just list all of the transactions, but he doesn't out of respect to his customers. I expressed that I prefer it that way and you post the information anyway.
That's just real sweet of you.

And seriously, you should share the rest of your lessons learned, they will not be a bore and may help others.
Ya it worked out so well last time. Maybe this time you can post the name of the bank I use?

he’s potentially had your coins for 5 years… and still could have ~38% of them somewhere.
Maybe, only he really knows. Though I've gotten far more returns in purchasing power than I ever hoped to gain by investing in Coinlenders. If I could guarantee the same results, I'd do it all over again. (Obviously it was still a bad idea, and would still be a bad idea.)

I'm still not sure what any of this has to do with my advice, which essentially was for victims to play nicely to get their coins back but do not trust the account or who is behind it.

This is patronizing. I knew to be cynical back in 2013, and I especially know it now. It wouldn't have helped me then, and it's not helpful now. I know that's blunt, and I'm sure you have good intentions, but I wish if I could go back I could have given myself very different advice.

I don't disagree with you per se, but focusing on cynicism is guiding people toward looking at investing the wrong way. There's all kinds of ways you can still get burned even if you're cynical. That's what really grated on me when I read it.

Edit: Whatever. I should've just posted my own thoughts rather than being argumentative. I apologize.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
Exploit01

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:28:48 PM

Escrow?

https://i.imgur.com/jWr67J8.png

OF COURSE WITH ESCROW. IL SEND YOU A PM.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 03:38:01 PM

Escrow?

OF COURSE WITH ESCROW. IL SEND YOU A PM.

Don't. The trollface should have been a hint. I wouldn't trust you even with escrow, nor do I have any interest in TF's dox.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:54:59 PM

TFs dox is known by a decent number of people, myself included.

Blazr had figured out his dox and decided against publishing it out of fear that doing so would result in him getting harassed which could potentially add significant time and expense to any lawsuits filed against him in relation to losses caused by him.

Blazr has said in the past he would release his dox only to law enforcement or to a lawyer pursuing litigation against TF.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 10:07:07 PM

Good on you for making this thread.

I did have an account on Inputs.IO. It was quite a while ago so I'm unsure of the amount.
Do you have a ledger of the amounts?

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:34:11 PM

You claim my information aint credible yet you asked for the link between the hacker and elllee and prove that elllee was involved in the hack, which i went ahead  and gave you without further adue. Something tells me you are directly or somehow involved in this scam as well. You once pulled a similar scam in 2013, where you directly impersonated a scam. I will open a new thread based on you but meanwhile I will go ahead and post full finding reports on both threads...let people judge why I do not qualify for the bounty yet a random hacker who offered nothing but an IP got a fee. And yea, you might be calling fake shots on the re-embursment bullshit to pull another scam . Will make sure it doesnt work... Watch this.

This scumbag by the name "TradeFortress" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67058  also Known as "MICHAEL MORIARTY" is still scamming.  He came up with this topic a couple of days ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4623173.msg41977642#msg41977642 ; which he was somehow involved in. We had an off escrow deal for the 20 BTC bounty but decided to fuck me over after submitting proof of work.

HERE IS MY DEAL.. AM SELLING THIS FUCKER'S PERSONAL INFO.  Anyone willing to work with me to bring him down, Welcome on Board too.

REAL PERSONAL INFO INCLUDING RELATIVES and THE REST.

Lets finally lay this asshole to rest. Anyone interested PM me with your offers... Open to work with anyone genuine.

Regards.

Whether if its true or not that info isnt credible, it is your fault for not making sure to provide direct proof, as well as waiting for funds to be put into escrow. Trying to blackmail TF or anyone by "selling" a "dox" in this manner is pretty much childish. If he says the info isnt credible then go back to the drawing board and make sure it is to the point where authorities can do something or just move on. Simple as that. If it is, then lesson learned, never make deals without escrow. Now stop spamming this thread and either post in the thread regarding the bounty or open a new accusation.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

A reward of 20 BTC will be offered to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of this scammer.

If the scammer is arrested, there should be media or news on it and a link to a credible news website or video.

As for TF, he sent me some coins he owed me 5 years ago. Obviously, I am not going to publish the tx or the amount, that's irrelevant, if me posting about it isn't enough.

ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 2536

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 01:54:24 PM

It doesn't really matter a whole lot, but imagine for a second that what Tradefortress has said is true and he was hacked, and is returning 5 years later to try to make amends to his customers, you come by asking everyone reveal the transactions implying that not only is Tradefortress is a fraud but we might be part of it.
I wasn’t implying anything, I was seeking verification coins were being sent.

I expressed that I prefer it that way and you post the information anyway.
That's just real sweet of you.
I actually thought I was being polite by not posting the transaction links, amounts, source, etc., which is what I would normally do in these situations. I posted percentages to at least maintain some sort of record of what TradeFortress is doing.

And seriously, you should share the rest of your lessons learned, they will not be a bore and may help others.
Ya it worked out so well last time. Maybe this time you can post the name of the bank I use?
Huh Posting lessons learned from being scammed seems different than what you did, which is I assume what you mean by "it worked out so well last time". <— Which, again, I'm omitting to be polite.

Maybe, only he really knows. Though I've gotten far more returns in purchasing power than I ever hoped to gain by investing in Coinlenders. If I could guarantee the same results, I'd do it all over again. (Obviously it was still a bad idea, and would still be a bad idea.)
TradeFortress / Coinlenders mishandled your coins, whether you actually believe he was hacked or he stole them. Regardless, investing in them had nothing to do with Bitcoins value rising, which is where your new returns in purchasing power came from. Direct your happiness towards Bitcoin. Smiley

This is patronizing. I knew to be cynical back in 2013, and I especially know it now. It wouldn't have helped me then, and it's not helpful now. I know that's blunt, and I'm sure you have good intentions, but I wish if I could go back I could have given myself very different advice.
What is the advice?  I’m not sure how revealing this advice jeopardizes your bank name or personal information, but if it does, obviously, don’t answer!

I don't disagree with you per se, but focusing on cynicism is guiding people toward looking at investing the wrong way. There's all kinds of ways you can still get burned even if you're cynical. That's what really grated on me when I read it.
I wasn't giving general investment advice. Regardless of who I am or how I tend to act, in this situation, being cynical towards anything TradeFortress says is the right advice.

Edit: Whatever. I should've just posted my own thoughts rather than being argumentative. I apologize.
No apologies necessary. We can agree to disagree on these points.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
(¯`·.¸¸.-> °º [ BPIP ] º° <-.¸¸.·´¯)
๑๑۞๑,¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,๑۞๑๑
:•: Most Merit | Most Activity | Most Trusted | Most Recognized
:•: Flag Log | Most Merited Threads | DT Change Log | Most Deleted by Mods
:•: ıllıllı Sheeple ~ The System ~ Free World ~ Don't look down (NSFW) ~ Hook ~ Brainwashed ıllıllı
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 05:54:12 AM

Good on you for making this thread.

I did have an account on Inputs.IO. It was quite a while ago so I'm unsure of the amount.
Do you have a ledger of the amounts?

you can give some information regarding your inputs.io account:  like username and address used to deposit on your wallet there.  TF will ask you for signature from that wallet.  i did the same and was refunded in full, though without interest.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:01:01 PM

I’ve received more reports that there are third parties, unaffiliated with me, who are contacting CL users and asking for claims information.

Remember: I will only email you from admin+g [at] glados [dot] cc; or this very bitcointalk account.

If you get any third party communication please forward them to me and I will respond appropriately.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:40:28 AM

I received an email from you today and responded with requested details.  Posting here for posterity.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: