Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do People Dump Their Precious Tokens With Ridiculous Low Price  (Read 1531 times)
desmonddesk1 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:02:06 AM

As a natural deal in the market, sellers always want to sell high and buyers always want to buy low. But the reverse seem the case with those sellers who dump their Crypto coin or tokens for some very low and ridiculous price. Thus that's not a natural market deal. What really is the reason why people dump? Have they got enough crypto gains that they need no profits no more?

★   C O N C I E R G E  C O I N   ★               ★  POS and MASTERNODES conciergecoin.net ★

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:21:42 AM

I am sure no one is bound to when to sell and when to buy but what you just said is called as FOMO - Fear of Missing out! They always fear that they will miss the high prices and start buying at highest price only while they fear they will miss the opportunity to gain but they actually sell when the crypto is already at the bottom. Yes seen this many times and this is the exact term which you are looking for here. People do talk about the weak hands here who always end up with panic seller irony and thus make mistakes while making the trades.
GQ_Crypto

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:39:22 AM

Sell only people frightened by a sharp decline in the price of the crypto currency. Such people wanted only to earn money quickly and did not believe in the future of the crypto currency, so they are selling now.
desmonddesk1 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:40:36 AM

I am sure no one is bound to when to sell and when to buy but what you just said is called as FOMO - Fear of Missing out! They always fear that they will miss the high prices and start buying at highest price only while they fear they will miss the opportunity to gain but they actually sell when the crypto is already at the bottom. Yes seen this many times and this is the exact term which you are looking for here. People do talk about the weak hands here who always end up with panic seller irony and thus make mistakes while making the trades.

Obviously patience is what some have to learn because holding, selling higher gets you more eventually, so why hurry to sell so cheap and make a project look like it has less potential to be sold with a better price.

★   C O N C I E R G E  C O I N   ★               ★  POS and MASTERNODES conciergecoin.net ★
trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:00:58 AM

I think many people who sell their coins with low price after ICO is their need for cash, they need cash money in hurry so the coins earned by them as fast as possible to be converted into their cash money. They will not concern of the price anymore, just CASH MINDED.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:01:56 AM

There are definitely lots of emotional traders in the market. Since pretty much almost anyone can invest in cryptocurrencies, even the people who don't have an idea on what they're doing are joining in. Their coin/token loses 50%? "oh my god it's crashing to the ground!". Boom. SELL. I'm not going to pretend that I didn't do this in the past though. I've definitely learned the hard way.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Dilerium90

Activity: 756
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:11:51 AM

As a natural deal in the market, sellers always want to sell high and buyers always want to buy low. But the reverse seem the case with those sellers who dump their Crypto coin or tokens for some very low and ridiculous price. Thus that's not a natural market deal. What really is the reason why people dump? Have they got enough crypto gains that they need no profits no more?
I think the problem, that we don't know exactly who sell by low price. My point, that usually it's part of ICO team (advisors, managers) who has really big percent of tokens and they don't buy this tokens on ICO. So, they do not care what price to sell. They will make money in any case. Maybe i am wrong.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:12:03 AM

Of course people want their money that they invested in. And I think it is the right thing to do since majority of the coins dumps after it hits any exchanges.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:12:46 AM

I think the price drop begins with a big whale or something like this. Recently I have seen a ridiculous trading on an exchange. The whales put a sell order at a very low price. He divides his sell amount in several order. Like he puts 5k coin for sale, but he made 15 order by dividing 5k coins! So, some people thought the price will go down more and more that's why they will sell their coins at a low rate! And those whales will buy them! I think this is a leading big game for the big whales.  

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3597

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 11:29:13 AM

Negative is the primary motivation to sell cryptos; the sense that there is no benefit from this tokens leads to the attempt to reduce losses and sell them with the least possible damage.
Hacking trading platform or banning ICO is an indicator of a low token's value in the coming days/months, so the sale is made with as little profit as possible.
Also, turning tokens into scam leads to it sell at any price Before the news spread.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:47:42 AM
Merited by capoeira (1)

''very low and ridiculous price'' How do you calculate or determine what's a low price? Is 6k low? It's low compared to 20k but it's high compared to 1k. Your post makes no sense and you clearly don't understand the basics of trading or investing. If someone bought at 5.5k and sells at 6.9k does it mean he sold low? It might be low for you because you bought at 10k but it's a lot for him.

Why would anyone hold forever? You realize that at some point you will have to sell. Unless you truly believe bitcoin itself will become a real currency which doesn't seem like it's going to be the case.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:59:08 AM

Its more of a buying strategy I guess. If the price drops and people are dumping more of it even when its below ICO price, it could be because they want to pull the price down so they can buy again at the very low price. If they can make the price dip to less than a cent just like what happened to DENT then its better for them as they can buy millions with a thousand.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:22:50 PM

The reason why some holder of tokens sell at a very low price is because of the fear that it might not be able to recover again and it is very normal nowadays since the market of new and low volume coins/tokens are being manipulated, and there are lots of weak handed investors that whenever they read or heard about the bad news related to that cryptocurrency they will immediately wants to get out of the market, It is not that they don't need profits anymore lol, how that could be possible if all people wants a profit, even you already a millionaire, you will still wants to invest and gain more.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:37:07 PM

I think they have a plan for the trade. No one would sell their coins at low rates except that they were afraid of Cryptocurrency.
I was in a group of market manipulators. They have many ways to increase and decrease the value of an altcoin. So I thought it was a strategy.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
desmonddesk1 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:52:01 PM

I think many people who sell their coins with low price after ICO is their need for cash, they need cash money in hurry so the coins earned by them as fast as possible to be converted into their cash money. They will not concern of the price anymore, just CASH MINDED.

If this is the case, then I do not think they truly need cash for long term. Especially if they sell all the token these way. Some token sold cheaply can hit 3x price after couple of weeks

desmonddesk1 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:55:39 PM

There are definitely lots of emotional traders in the market. Since pretty much almost anyone can invest in cryptocurrencies, even the people who don't have an idea on what they're doing are joining in. Their coin/token loses 50%? "oh my god it's crashing to the ground!". Boom. SELL. I'm not going to pretend that I didn't do this in the past though. I've definitely learned the hard way.

It is good you learned faster. Lolz. These sicking emotions of some people to sell low need to be redressed. This guys are missing fortune in the immediate. That's how people sold bitcoin for pizza.

abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:57:44 PM

You have said it so i knew that you have an idea. Take on that situation and put yourself what do you think you'll going to do if it happens to you. You will about to do the same of having no knowledge, it is claimed that you can buy in cheap but not always it goes with you there is dumping of price and can cause collapse or panic.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:58:11 PM

There are times people,sold there precious token even its not the right time to sell this in the crypto market in a low price,because of necessity or there personal needs,because being also a  normal  humans people have so many wants and needs that  needs to pay  and one of this cause is the billing payments ,and the three basic needs of life ,thats why even its not  the proper time bitcoiners sell there precious crypto coins in order to fullfill  there everyday needs.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
desmonddesk1 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:59:05 PM

I think the problem, that we don't know exactly who sell by low price. My point, that usually it's part of ICO team (advisors, managers) who has really big percent of tokens and they don't buy this tokens on ICO. So, they do not care what price to sell. They will make money in any case. Maybe i am wrong.

I would beg to disagree to this. Maybe just my opinion. How would a committed project team member dump his or her own coin so carelessly. How possible is that. That is brainless and dumb.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:01:40 PM

It is good you learned faster. Lolz. These sicking emotions of some people to sell low need to be redressed. This guys are missing fortune in the immediate. That's how people sold bitcoin for pizza.

After being in the cryptocurrency world for 2 years, you simply just get numb even though your investment crashes as low as 80%. Huge drops in investments is just a normal day for me now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████