Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:27:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore command for automatic reonnects?  (Read 143 times)
m4L (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

Hey guys,

since a couple of weeks my claymore miner has caused a few problems.
Everytime I got a internet disconnect, it automatically crashed and did not reopen. That was pretty annyoing because Im always away during the day.

Therefore I wanted to ask you guys, if theres any command/configuration for the claymore that makes him reconnect automatically when theres a internet disconnection. If not, what do you guys do about that problem in general?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:56:37 PM

Hey guys,

since a couple of weeks my claymore miner has caused a few problems.
Everytime I got a internet disconnect, it automatically crashed and did not reopen. That was pretty annyoing because Im always away during the day.

Therefore I wanted to ask you guys, if theres any command/configuration for the claymore that makes him reconnect automatically when theres a internet disconnection. If not, what do you guys do about that problem in general?

Haven't experienced on the newer version of claymore, however on lower versions it didn't crash

it does only complain that it could not connect to pools

until such time there is already a connection

however when it crash pools will notify you, i'd just remote them and check whats goin on

mrstark89

Activity: 284

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:23:54 PM

you should try the newest version
as I know, when the internet is disconnected, claymore miner will try to reconnect every 20 sec
Sometimes my internet connection is down, it take several hours to repair. But when the problem is fixed, the miner reconnect again
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

I used claymore v11.0 and never had any issue on reconnecting when the internet rebooting or stop like the above said the claymore will restart in 20 seconds to reconnect.
This version works for me when mining ethereum but when overclocking it too high it crashes so just setup it with enough clock.
m4L (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:08:35 PM

I used claymore v11.0 and never had any issue on reconnecting when the internet rebooting or stop like the above said the claymore will restart in 20 seconds to reconnect.
This version works for me when mining ethereum but when overclocking it too high it crashes so just setup it with enough clock.

Yes but now I see what the problem is:
When claymore is trying to reconnect - its trying it and then crashing.. Is it possible to give it a command to close and reopen automatically?
markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:00:23 PM

The problem is not in the miner. At me a part of farms are connected through 3G Internet, and connection is often lost for some time. After connection, the claymore miner himself continues to mine without my intervention. This happened in older versions. You need to look for the cause crashing of the miner. It can be drivers, operating system,computer hardware. Temporarily you can download the program to automatically restart the computer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: