Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why doesn't gox have money in their Dwolla?????  (Read 2641 times)
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 05:59:32 AM

Hello,

We apologize for the delay with Dwolla withdrawals. We have already transferred funds into our account last week, and all Dwolla transfers will be processed shortly.

1) In another thread, MtGox Support stated that their Dwolla account was depleted in the past 24-48 hours from all the unlocked accounts withdrawing funds.
2) In this and other threads, MtGox support claims that they sent money to their Dwolla account last week to make withdrawals available. How was it empty 5 days ago, then suddenly flush enough to allow large withdrawals from apparently unlocked accounts in the past 24 hours, and now the same deposits from ~5 days ago from MtGox to Dwolla are still not in their Dwolla account?

How does this make sense? If you had a funded Dwolla account, then why was WiseOldOwl not cashed out while the newly unlocked accounts were apparently allowed / able to make withdrawals in the past 24 hours?

can anyone here verify they've withdrawn USD from MtGox in the past 24-48 hours?

MtGox Support - You need to do a better job of keeping your story straight.

-Jonathan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:02:45 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2011, 06:19:59 AM by Mt.Gox Support

Hello,

We apologize for the delay with Dwolla withdrawals. We have already transferred funds into our account last week, and all Dwolla transfers will be processed shortly.

1) In another thread, MtGox Support stated that their Dwolla account was depleted in the past 24-48 hours from all the unlocked accounts withdrawing funds.
2) In this and other threads, MtGox support claims that they sent money to their Dwolla account last week to make withdrawals available. How was it empty 5 days ago, then suddenly flush enough to allow large withdrawals from apparently unlocked accounts in the past 24 hours (can anyone here verify they've withdrawn USD from MtGox in the past 24-48 hours?), and now there's more money apparently being deposited? It seems REALLY fishy, MtGox Support. Really fishy.

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

We had to transfer funds to our Dwolla account several times since last week due to the unexpected large volume of withdrawals made from all of the unlocked accounts. We thank you for your patience with this issue. If you have further inquiries, please contact the Mt.Gox Support at Zendesk.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 06:18:54 AM

Hello,

2) In this and other threads, MtGox support claims that they sent money to their Dwolla account last week to make withdrawals available. How was it empty 5 days ago, then suddenly flush enough to allow large withdrawals from apparently unlocked accounts in the past 24 hours (can anyone here verify they've withdrawn USD from MtGox in the past 24-48 hours?), and now there's more money apparently being deposited? It seems REALLY fishy, MtGox Support. Really fishy.

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Our Dwolla account is not deleted. May we ask where you read that? We had to transfer funds to our Dwolla account several times since last week due to the unexpected large volume of withdrawals made from all of the unlocked accounts.

I said 'depleted', not 'deleted'.

I'm only pointing out that WiseOldOwl made a withdrawal request 5 days ago, and according to you, MtGox has processed NEWLY unlocked account withdrawal requests while seemingly ignoring withdrawal requests by the likes of WiseOldOwl, who has already established himself and met your AML guidelines. I see this as problematic, and I was asking anyone who's actually been able to withdraw through Dwolla or any other method for that matter to make themselves known.

Don't get me wrong, MtGox Support, I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU'RE SOLVENT. I'm sorry that I'm being so hard on you, but it really is starting to seem that your cookie cutter responses and lack of true momentum in dealing with customer requests is a signal that there are financial problems at MtGox. When you apparently honor the requests of accounts that you just unlocked in the past 24 hours while not honoring the withdrawal requests of WiseOldOwl and others for ~1000, it raises some flags such as: Are you telling the truth?

If anyone reading this can please reply and state that they've successfully withdrawn their money in from MtGox as a result of their verification and subsequent account unlock, that would go a long way in verifying what MtGox Support is saying. Unfortunately, it also points to strange business practices where MtGox is apparently honoring newly unlocked accounts while ignoring the withdrawal requests of accounts that weren't locked in the first place. Do you care to explain that?

-Jonathan

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:46:17 AM

Hello,

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Our Dwolla account is not deleted. May we ask where you read that? We had to transfer funds to our Dwolla account several times since last week due to the unexpected large volume of withdrawals made from all of the unlocked accounts.

I'm only pointing out that WiseOldOwl made a withdrawal request 5 days ago, and according to you, MtGox has processed NEWLY unlocked account withdrawal requests while seemingly ignoring withdrawal requests by the likes of WiseOldOwl, who has already established himself and met your AML guidelines. I see this as problematic, and I was asking anyone who's actually been able to withdraw through Dwolla or any other method for that matter to make themselves known.

Don't get me wrong, MtGox Support, I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU'RE SOLVENT. I'm sorry that I'm being so hard on you, but it really is starting to seem that your cookie cutter responses and lack of true momentum in dealing with customer requests is a signal that there are financial problems at MtGox. When you apparently honor the requests of accounts that you just unlocked in the past 24 hours while not honoring the withdrawal requests of WiseOldOwl and others for ~1000, it raises some flags such as: Are you telling the truth?

If anyone reading this can please reply and state that they've successfully withdrawn their money in from MtGox as a result of their verification and subsequent account unlock, that would go a long way in verifying what MtGox Support is saying. Unfortunately, it also points to strange business practices where MtGox is apparently honoring newly unlocked accounts while ignoring the withdrawal requests of accounts that weren't locked in the first place. Do you care to explain that?

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Please tell WiseOldOwl to submit his request to https://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification.
If all documents submitted are valid, his account will be verified within 24 hours.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:40:40 AM

I have been able to withdraw BTC from mtgox after my account unlocking today

WiseOldOwl (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 01:49:29 PM

Hello,

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Please tell WiseOldOwl to submit his request to https://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification.
If all documents submitted are valid, his account will be verified within 24 hours.

Can we all say ridiculous?
I am already verified!!!
Have been for over a couple months,
My withdraw limit is $7500 a day!!
I designed my business to only withdraw BTC 80% of the time so not to run into these problems. I try to pull a measly $1000 one time and bam, have to wait.
How many AML verified customers do you guys have??
I wouldn't expect more than a 1000 regular customers that are using the system everyday, Ho0w the hell do you not remember me? I have 4500 customers at my work and can almost remember all of them by name and I know Where they work, where their kids go to school etc. Seriously, Gox you own this board and the #1 exchange I move like 3-5k BTC through every few weeks....
Really?
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 07:06:18 PM

Hello,

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Can we all say ridiculous?
I am already verified!!!
Have been for over a couple months,
My withdraw limit is $7500 a day!!
I designed my business to only withdraw BTC 80% of the time so not to run into these problems. I try to pull a measly $1000 one time and bam, have to wait.
How many AML verified customers do you guys have??
I wouldn't expect more than a 1000 regular customers that are using the system everyday, Ho0w the hell do you not remember me? I have 4500 customers at my work and can almost remember all of them by name and I know Where they work, where their kids go to school etc. Seriously, Gox you own this board and the #1 exchange I move like 3-5k BTC through every few weeks....
Really?

Oh my. MtGox Support, your job must be getting more stressful by the minute. How unfortunate that you not only have to fend off the increasingly restless masses asking the hard questions, but you must also be having a rough time balancing your sandbagging replies with your craigslist job search.

You must be getting very stressed out, MtGox Support staff, and if you have a conscience, you are also likely starting to feel terrible about all the people who you are continually repeating the same cookie cutter responses to. Unfortunately, today may go down as the day that the MtGox story starts to fall apart. You've been caught in a lie, or in the very best case, incredibly unethical business practices. MtGox days are obviously numbered.

As of yet there is not a single person who has entered the discussion to claim that they've successfully withdrawn Dwolla, or anything other than Bitcoin from MtGox. You have made statements claiming that large Dwolla withdrawals occurred in the past 48 hours. This is very probably untrue. Not a single defender has come forward to your defense to claim any withdrawals. I'd imagine that at least 1 or 2 people would readily come to MtGox defense in this regard, but since that has yet to happen, it's seeming more clear by the moment that MtGox is wearing no clothes, and by virtue of it's incestual entanglement with our favorite cryptocurrency, bitcoin, that this whole experiment is about to come to a very sad end.

Enjoy your job hunt, MtGox Support staff, and perhaps you should leave your current employer off of your CV, eh?

So sad. :/

-J

WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 10:35:15 PM

Well its 5:33 in Iowa and no money yet transferred to Dwolla...
Officially, it might be time to worry.
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 12:34:12 AM

Since reading these threads and noticing the bland 'Soon' replies from MtgoxSupport, I've begun moving my funds off of MtGox.

The kicker has been the evasiveness of MtGoxSupport - it reeks of (poorly) hiding something.

Fortunately there *should* be no such thing as a 'bank run' on Gox - even if 100% of the people withdraw their funds Gox -should- be 100% solvent, unless they've been participating in shady practices, and the low volume/prices recently have begun to take their toll.

Infact, one could argue that MtGox has a great opportunity to impress the increasing number of people beginning to feel uneasy about MtGox activities.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 01:26:54 AM

Fortunately there *should* be no such thing as a 'bank run' on Gox - even if 100% of the people withdraw their funds Gox -should- be 100% solvent, unless they've been participating in shady practices, and the low volume/prices recently have begun to take their toll.

Haven't MtGox been hit by a lot of chargebacks due to fraudulent activity, and didn't they have to cover the losses from the Polish exchange and their own hack? If so, it would imply that they don't have anywhere near the 100% funds that they should have.

This might explain why so many accounts are being blocked: Robbing Pete to pay Paul.
WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 01:50:39 AM

Haven't MtGox been hit by a lot of chargebacks due to fraudulent activity, and didn't they have to cover the losses from the Polish exchange and their own hack? If so, it would imply that they don't have anywhere near the 100% funds that they should have.

This might explain why so many accounts are being blocked: Robbing Pete to pay Paul.
This is a logical reason that goes in the maybe's.
They would "block" accounts to slow everything (small meltdown) down much like banks did in the USA on the week of Oct 3rd...
Still no word from them (gox) either.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 02:32:05 AM

We have to wait until they transfer funds in.
Also, there is no reason the dwolla account cant go negative right?
Gox stated they don't have money in their dwolla, and they are waiting for some to transfer in.
This sounds like a newly opened exchange, not one with the most experience by far.
Hopefully they-
1) Have the money still.
2) Trust Dwolla more than it looks like.
3) Hurry it up.

The only way to avoid Dwolla reversing an ACH is to pull the money out of Dwolla right away.  Dwolla can't deduct from a 0 balance.  TradeHill learned that the hard way.  And unfortunately if Dwolla continues the policy of subtracting money from your account in event of a dispute, then I wouldn't leave any balance there either.

ACtually one time my dwolla account did go negative is was wierd. There was a glitch in there system took'em a day to get it fixed tho.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: