Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:35:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxes are evil and hurt business, the economy, and citizens  (Read 1054 times)
AyeYo (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 11:18:25 PM

That's what everyone around here thinks, right?  I hear lots of crying about taxes.  Lower taxes means more prosperity, right?  No taxes means ultimate prosperity, right?  High taxes means the stiffling of business and mass exodus of the wealthy, right?

Well let's see what history has to say...

Note years of highest taxes and years of lowest taxes.  Did real wages increase during the periods of lowest taxes?  Did real wages decrease during periods of highest taxes?  Is there evidence of this magical trickle down effect that supposedly comes from decreased taxes on the wealthy?

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 11:26:06 PM

wow, low taxes correlates to the top 1% of people earning $713,000 per year.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 11:26:40 PM

Weren't business, the economy, and citizens being hurt way more back when there were no tax and therefore no services (roads, police etc) that taxes pay for?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2011, 11:42:18 PM

While I disagree with the conclusions you have drawn from your graphs,   I am more interested in hearing about how you disagree with the moral argument against taxation presented here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngpsJKQR_ZE

AyeYo (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 27, 2011, 11:55:06 PM

Weren't business, the economy, and citizens being hurt way more back when there were no tax and therefore no services (roads, police etc) that taxes pay for?

Yes, absolutely.  The thread's title is sarcastic.  Cheesy

While I disagree with the conclusions you have drawn from your graphs,   I am more interested in hearing about how you disagree with the moral argument against taxation presented here:

I don't really care about moral arguments against taxation because they boil down to semantics.  Wether you're paying a government or private security firms, research organizations, road owners, etc. it doesn't make a difference.

"Libertarians don't denounce what the state does, they just object to who's doing it. This is why the people most victimized by the state display the least interest in libertarianism. Those on the receiving end of coercion don't quibble over their coercers' credentials. If you can't pay or don't want to, you don't much care if your deprivation is called larceny or taxation or restitution or rent. If you like to control your own time, you distinguish employment from enslavement only in degree and duration."
-Bob Black

Now that we've covered that, please keep this on topic.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 12:17:27 AM

I don't really care about moral arguments against taxation because they boil down to semantics.  Wether you're paying a government or private security firms, research organizations, road owners, etc. it doesn't make a difference.

You are avoiding the question at hand.

McDonalds has never threatened to lock me in a cage if I refuse to buy their Hamburger.

The US Government threatens to lock me in a cage if I refuse to pay for their wars.

This is much more than mere semantics.

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 12:33:43 AM

Is it about taxes as a whole or just too much taxes?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 12:36:10 AM

AyeYo is just trolling again, and has no intention of actually debating these issues.  Please don't feed the troll.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: