Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrities and Cryptocurrency  (Read 376 times)
Pchahal (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:01:41 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 12:23:14 PM by Pchahal

Just wanted to create a thread on this and if anyone has heard from reliable sources, of well known people who have knowledge in blockchain technology that are recently undertaking new projects in cryptocurrency.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1037
Merit: 103

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:05:20 PM

Just wanted to create a thread on this and if anyone has heard from reliable sources of well known people recently expressing interest in cryptocurrency.

The well know star Akon is going to launch his own coin this year.
He'll be issuing an ICO to fund his project to finance infrastructure in Africa.
Guess the name of coin?
AKoin Cheesy

boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:05:31 PM

This year alone a lot of celebrities are endorsing crytpocurrencies for their brands and project. A typical example is Akon, America pop star which lunches Akoin as the monetary currency for his energy city project.

Pchahal (OP)

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

Just wanted to create a thread on this and if anyone has heard from reliable sources of well known people recently expressing interest in cryptocurrency.

He'll be issuing an ICO to fund his project to finance infrastructure in Africa.
Guess the name of coin?
AKoin Cheesy

haha thats very clever ! il look into that thanks!
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:11:19 PM

I have heard many celebrities talking about Bitcoin in the past, for example Ashton Kutcher seems quite interested about it and seems to have some knowledge about it past the most standard "i've heard it's digital money" thing.

Rappers like Snopp Dogg and 50 Cent have claimed to own some.

And then we've had other clueless celebrities tricked into advertising ICO scams like Floyd Mayweather or Kate Perry.
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:12:36 PM

Guess the name of coin?
AKoin Cheesy

Yes Akoin token presented by AKON has been trending for couple of weeks now and we can only hope that more celebrities have intentions of making cryptocurrency known to the universe.

Lets all hope for the success of every altcoin as we eliminate every scam tokens.
This thread will really be beneficial

Thanks.
magpie_lover

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:16:33 PM

There was one celebrity boxer who backed a cryptocurrency called Centra and things didn't turn out well for him.
Grin Grin Grin
Founders of a cryptocurrency backed by Floyd Mayweather charged with fraud by SEC
3Gloco

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:17:37 PM

Guess the name of coin?
AKoin Cheesy

Yes Akoin token presented by AKON has been trending for couple of weeks now and we can only hope that more celebrities have intentions of making cryptocurrency known to the universe.

Lets all hope for the success of every altcoin as we eliminate every scam tokens.
This thread will really be beneficial

Thanks.

This was probablly the most interesting fact I read today. Also, great topic, didn't even think about it.
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

Celebraties around the globe might be using bitcoin and other digital currencies, but it is not much known to the outer world. As the market for bitcoin keeps increasing more people too has begun to use bitcoin. One thing specific is that Celebraties usage will easily make common people follow them.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:28:07 PM

I never buy celebrity and altcoin tokens, which are also called Fiat tokens. For me it is a signal that in addition to the name of these projects there is nothing more to offer. Celebrities can't answer for their actions because they're like prostitutes. Who will pay them that and praise. How can you trust advertising with people like that?
iAMawi123

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

There are lots of celebrities expressing their support for cryptocurrencies! Also, a lot of celebrities have been partnered up with cryptocurrency project to gain publicity and support the emerging technology. Also, Sacramento Kings are planning to build miners inside the arena to mine Ethereum! Source : https://www.facebook.com/cnbccrypto/videos/1788436671239571/

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 10:39:47 AM

I know russian pop star Olga Buzova start her own ICO project Buzcoin, and it is popular in Russia, now her bounty campaign is ongoing on BountyGuru platform and it will be till september. It is starts normal when celebrities has their own coin, everybody whants to get a part of hype))))
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:29:43 PM

Here are some links for my previous post.

Ashton Kutcher: A tweet about Bitcoi

https://twitter.com/aplusk/status/837429583867629568

50 cent: "50 Cent accidentally made $8 million in bitcoin"

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/24/16930010/50-cent-rich-bitcoin-twitter-instagram-humblebrag

Snopp Dogg: Selling his album for Bitcoin

https://twitter.com/snoopdogg/status/407350025677586433

And my favorite and most ridiculous one: Kate Perry meets with Warren Buffet and she ask him about cryptos

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/katy-perry-and-warren-buffett-apparently-gabbed-about-cryptocurrency.html
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:33:06 PM

The only celebrities I've seen talking about crypto are guys in the tech or finance industry.  Warren Buffet is heavily against bitcoin which should be expected as he stands to lose a lot of money from its' success.

I did see some celebrities promoting ICO scams though.  They weren't interested in crypto, they just promoted it for the money.  I remember Floyd Mayweather, T.I, Paris Hilton , and Dj Khaled all promoting an ICO this past year.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:54:23 PM

Good day. Yes I've seen a few celebrities joining crypto recently. Even here in the Philippines and more likely there are some abroad too. Some projects are hiring them for more popularity and to entice more investors for celebrities can create a huge impact on a project. Its healthy for crypto I think. The more people who knows about crypto the more investors will join.
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:57:27 PM

There are so many famous people interested in cryptocurrency and they've invested so much money in cryptocurrency. As I can remember that there is a thread about famous people get into crypto world in this forum with each post about famous people in crypto world you guys will be able to get 1 merit for it Smiley). I can't find out the link right now but as I can remember the list is really great.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:00:07 PM

McAfee the creator of the antivirus and the next american president promoted a lot of ICOs such se Bezop, Bobsrepair or Docacademic.
anafiene

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:08:31 PM

Indeed many world celebrities who know the world of crypto but they are only limited subject to be involved to be able to promote the project and seek personal gain, but not directly into a team or dev who plunge to take care and develop the platform well.  With his name already fame certainly many people who are more interested and believe. This way the project can work.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:10:47 PM

There was one celebrity boxer who backed a cryptocurrency called Centra and things didn't turn out well for him.
Grin Grin Grin
Founders of a cryptocurrency backed by Floyd Mayweather charged with fraud by SEC
Remember about paris hilton and more celenbrities has been endorsed by scam project to promoting its scam project. I remember steven seagal was promoting scam ico too.
The majority of celebrities are getting paid for that. And that's why i won't take it.
3Gloco

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:59:55 PM

Grin Grin Grin
m/2018/04/03/floyd-mayweather-backed-cryptocurrency-ico-fraud-sec-says.html]Founders of a cryptocurrency backed by Floyd Mayweather charged with fraud by SEC
Remember about paris hilton and more celenbrities has been endorsed by scam project to promoting its scam project. I remember steven seagal was promoting scam ico too.
The majority of celebrities are getting paid for that. And that's why i won't take it.

Advisors style?  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: