Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SebastianJu accepts transaction buying/selling bitcointalk accounts  (Read 1080 times)
wettsuit (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:13:06 PM
Merited by digaran (1)

SebastianJu accepts transaction buying/selling bitcointalk accounts.
how this can happen, forums prohibit sell/buy forum accounts, but escrow receive transaction sell/buy forum account ?

https://i.imgur.com/kWH31mu.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1581
Merit: 1265

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 05:29:31 PM

forums prohibit sell/buy forum accounts
No, account sales are not prohibited they are generally discouraged.

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.

SebastianJu is just an escrow. He is not a seller or buyer of account. Only Buyer or Seller of accounts are tagged.
Escrows are just middleman for transactions, they are not encouraging account sales.
wettsuit (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

forums prohibit sell/buy forum accounts
No, account sales are not prohibited they are generally discouraged.

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.

SebastianJu is just an escrow. He is not a seller or buyer of account. Only Buyer or Seller of accounts are tagged.
Escrows are just middleman for transactions, they are not encouraging account sales.
yes i know he just escrow, and i see a lot of people forbid to sell or buy bitcointalk account or giving red trust to accounts selling.

then I try to ask more here.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:35:04 PM

Selling accounts here isn't against the rules, but you'd know that if you were ever a part of the community.  Account sales are seriously frowned upon, however, which is why I tagged you for doing that.  I don't tag escrows for keeping those transactions safe, even though I'd much prefer that they didn't get in the middle of account sales.  If you have a problem with that, you can continue your complaint here or wherever you like. 

However, you come off as someone who's aggravated that he got tagged and now wants everyone else to get negative trust so that his sense of justice isn't offended.  You've done sweet fuck-all for bitcointalk except shitposting and account sales, so there's a limit as to how seriously I'm going to take your thread here.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:30:09 PM

Yes I see it too, this is the same as account selling however I think The Pharmacist is not the kind of DT2 who could go against people such as SebastianJu. this is no different than any other account sales, no escrow should ever engage in a deal like this.

🖤😏
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 09:43:00 PM
Merited by qwk (1)

Escrowing doesn't make you untrustworthy, but buying and selling accounts does, in the eyes of some people.
The thing people like The Pharmacist want to get rid off is account sales, not trade escrows.
So where's the point in tagging escrows? You want to discourage account sellers and the buyers of those accounts, you do not want to discourage people from escrowing for trades.
And yes, many escrows will not offer their services for trades that do involve accounts, but that should be something up to the decision of the escrow themselves,
especially with a topic as controversial as account sales.

haha pharmacist, have fun with trollgaran.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:10:26 PM

SebastianJu is escrowing a deal to make sure it goes smooth with no problem, he is directly facilitating an account sales deal, however you put it, is no different than helping people to successfully trade accounts.
If nobody is going to take any action, I'll even though my trust feedback means jack. unless he discloses the names and UIDs of those accounts involved.

🖤😏
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:44:12 PM

Escrowing doesn't make you untrustworthy, but buying and selling accounts does, in the eyes of some people.
The thing people like The Pharmacist want to get rid off is account sales, not trade escrows.
So where's the point in tagging escrows? You want to discourage account sellers and the buyers of those accounts, you do not want to discourage people from escrowing for trades.
And yes, many escrows will not offer their services for trades that do involve accounts, but that should be something up to the decision of the escrow themselves,
especially with a topic as controversial as account sales.

haha pharmacist, have fun with trollgaran.

To be honest I agree, acting as the escrow for account sales itself doesn't qualify as untrustworthy to me and doesn't deserve a neg tag IMO

I do have a problem in general though with any escrow that chooses to work on account sales and you touched on it here
You want to discourage account sellers and the buyers of those accounts,
The problem for me is that an escrow actually encourages account sales farming IMO.  Providing a secure and safe environment for which both the seller and buyer can operate allows more people the confidence to "game the system" with a purchased account.  Especially when they know that the account info won't leak out from the escrow causing red paint.

It really is a hotbed topic and very subjective but I don't think any respected member should be doing anything to encourage that environment...
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:06:53 AM

I am willing to bet this is not the first time they are escrowing for account deals, if they are not tagged red they would assume it's OK to do this kind of deals and every account farmer would trade their accounts with ease of mind without ever getting caught. but be my guest and let this one slide. good for account sellers, now they know how to sell and buy accounts with no problem.

🖤😏
audaciousbeing

Merit: 569

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:07:00 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2018, 08:03:25 PM by audaciousbeing

Selling accounts here isn't against the rules, but you'd know that if you were ever a part of the community.  Account sales are seriously frowned upon, however, which is why I tagged you for doing that.  I don't tag escrows for keeping those transactions safe, even though I'd much prefer that they didn't get in the middle of account sales.  If you have a problem with that, you can continue your complaint here or wherever you like.  

However, you come off as someone who's aggravated that he got tagged and now wants everyone else to get negative trust so that his sense of justice isn't offended.  You've done sweet fuck-all for bitcointalk except shitposting and account sales, so there's a limit as to how seriously I'm going to take your thread here.

I think if the community is frowning against account sales, then it should be total. What is the main purpose of doing this? We all know the ills that comes along with it and the escrow in this case is a respected member of the forum and should have declined such trade in my opinion.

The only situation where the middlemen is to be spared is if he is not aware of the nature of the trade and the only thing he did is just to hold funds for the transaction. The cleaning of the forum should be everyone's responsibility.

Edit: However, making this about the escrow which the Op is trying to achieve here is also not the right way to go because the parties involved knew what they are trying to do and if SebastianJu didn't do the escrow, someone else would probably do it but its better to discourage all avenue that makes it lucrative. #my opinion.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:13:25 PM

<snip>
If it's everyone's responsibility, why have you tagged a grand total of ZERO scammers/spammers/shady ICOs/anything else?

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 09:50:28 PM

The primary (notable) names that are or were against tagging people for account trading were those that were directly or indirectly involved in them (case example shorena). This should be an intuitive conclusion for anyone who isn't having a hard time beating monkeys at spelling 4 letter words. Roll Eyes

Looks like Seb. turned into what we here refer to as a pajeet. Cheesy #SayNoToAccountTrades.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 10:03:04 PM

Seb is one of the noted members on Bitcointalk and tagging for his service might actually make him leave bitcointalk. A lot of knowledgable and reputable members have left already, we don't want honorable members to leave, we want shitposters to leave.
I think if the community is frowning against account sales, then it should be total. What is the main purpose of doing this? We all know the ills that comes along with it and the escrow in this case is a respected member of the forum and should have declined such trade in my opinion.
Then the community only includes a quarter portion of DT members and a few others. The main purpose of this frowning upon is to avoid scams and then spam. Other than that, nothing. The escrow has nothing to do with this. And Sebastian isn't the only escrow who has escrowed accounts. People give their bitcointalk accounts as collateral for loans and those are also escrowed. Point is, escrows shouldn't be tagged for this. Period.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:17:09 AM

So where's the point in tagging escrows?
People (largely though anon troll newbie accounts) have called for the tagging of everyone involved in any way of account sales for a long time, going back to 2015 or so. These same people have compared selling accounts to rape and murder, which is just ridiculous. This is just more evidence that hardliners against account sales are pointless to debate, act in bad faith, and are willing to ignore any community consensus, or lack thereof in regards to the underlying issue.

The fact remains that anyone who buys an accounts is, in effect, paying a bounty in the form of the price of their account that they will not engage in behavior that will result in them getting banned, nor that they will attempt to actually scam anyone (as in steal money, or attempt to steal money) because doing so will result in the account they paid for becoming worthless, or nearly worthless.

Ignoring all of the above, I generally do not like telling other people what kind of transactions they can and cannot take part of, when all parties to the transaction are fully understanding of the consequences of the transaction. Attempts to regulate these kinds of transactions is nothing more than a power grab.
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:28:39 AM

As always we have Quickseller defending account sellers and their escrows. if SebastianJu is not tagged and stopped right now, he will continue to do this forever, what is the meaning of tagging account dealers while giving a legitimate way of doing it safely?

🖤😏
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

As always we have Quickseller defending account sellers and their escrows. if SebastianJu is not tagged and stopped right now, he will continue to do this forever, what is the meaning of tagging account dealers while giving a legitimate way of doing it safely?
Tagging is always not the right thing to do. It's up to the escrow on what he wants to escrow for. If the community really wants to eradicate account sales, then just tell Sebastien Ju that such thing is frowned in the community.

digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:32:15 PM

Tagging is always not the right thing to do. It's up to the escrow on what he wants to escrow for. If the community really wants to eradicate account sales, then just tell Sebastien Ju that such thing is frowned in the community.

OK, lets do this for everybody then, when you see somebody is doing something untrustworthy and wrong, just tell them that and if they didn't change their behavior then tag them. but I don't think anybody would do that, no they want to bully normal members and always give a free pass to trusted members (especially DT members). DT members here are not in the mood of giving any chance to those people they don't like. how do we know SebastianJu is not going to escrow for account sales anymore? should we just tell him that what he is doing is frowned upon by community and wait to see if he does that again or not?

Let us do that for everybody to show greatness and let them to learn that greatness from us.

🖤😏
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:51:45 PM
Merited by qwk (1)

OK, lets do this for everybody then, when you see somebody is doing something untrustworthy and wrong, just tell them that and if they didn't change their behavior then tag them. but I don't think anybody would do that, no they want to bully normal members and always give a free pass to trusted members (especially DT members). DT members here are not in the mood of giving any chance to those people they don't like. how do we know SebastianJu is not going to escrow for account sales anymore? should we just tell him that what he is doing is frowned upon by community and wait to see if he does that again or not?

Let us do that for everybody to show greatness and let them to learn that greatness from us.
You're comparing trusted members to shitposters. That is like comparing chicken to broccoli. No one likes broccoli.

I don't know if you remember this, marlboroza also gave you a warning and a second chance, did he not? He gave you the benefit of the doubt and so did all the other members who tagged you, initially. But you decided to fuck that up. What you were doing is wrong, and you knew it(which is why you edited your service topic numerous times to correct yourself).

Again, it is up to SebastianJu whether or not he decides to escrow accounts. That's his decision. If you want, you can tag him, not that anyone would care about that. If DT members see it right, they might tag him, and SebastianJu would do what would be the best case scenario for him,probably.
how do we know SebastianJu is not going to escrow for account sales anymore? should we just tell him that what he is doing is frowned upon by community and wait to see if he does that again or not?
Why don't you ask SebastianJu yourself?
Off topic: Did you contact blazed yet?

digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:22:31 AM

Go away sheep. you are like the rest of them, you think DT members as your gods, what they say or what they do, what they decide. you are=sheep.
SebastianJu has done many escrowing for account dealers for years, he has facilitated a safe haven for them and now we're smelling all the shit he has done. on the bright side though, Quicksy now has a legitimate way to do account sales using the most trusted escrow. go figure eh.

🖤😏
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 12:40:07 AM

Go away sheep. you are like the rest of them, you think DT members as your gods, what they say or what they do, what they decide. you are=sheep.
SebastianJu has done many escrowing for account dealers for years, he has facilitated a safe haven for them and now we're smelling all the shit he has done. on the bright side though, Quicksy now has a legitimate way to do account sales using the most trusted escrow. go figure eh.
I am sheep? WHY SHEEP? You can't even make names up now? who dis? Definitely not the digaran troll we all know.

DT members ain't gods. Trusted members =/= DT members. And no, I don't agree with all DT members. And I have told that openly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: