Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2018, 01:50:40 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Security issues relating to Private Keys storage  (Read 185 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

“Global loyalty & rewards”

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:59:15 AM

My advice, keep your private key in various places and do not combine Walled address with private key, separate them to save them.
Save your private key in 3 different places, eg in Email, WhatsApps and print on paper. that's what i do, you can try it if you want Smiley
Whatsapp and email are vulnerable to hack. I also have fear in the discussion thread cause even the hackers on the forum are reading this

▐▌
            ▐██▌
           ▄████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
   ▀████████████████████▀
      ▀██████████████▀
        ██████████▀
       ▐███████▀  ▄▌
       █████▀   ▄███
      ███▀      ▀▀███
     ▐▀             ▀▌
.raincheck.|A GLOBAL
LOYALTY & REWARDS POINTS
       EXCHANGE AGGREGATOR

.POWERED BY.

STELLAR

▄▄▄█▀▀▀█
            ▄▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▐▌
           ▄▀▄▀▀▀▄▓▓▓▐▌
          █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▄▄▄▄▀▓▓▓▓▀▄▄▄▀▓▓▄▌
  ▄█████▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▀
 ▀  ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▀
      ▀▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█▄
     ▄█████▄▄▄████
    ███████▀▀▀ ▀██▌
    ▀████▀      █▀
  ▄  ▄
 █  █
█  ▀
|..PRE-SALE NOW IN PROGRESS..
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
█▌       ▐█ ▀▀█▄▄
█▌       ▐█    ▀▀█▄
█▌ ██████ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▌               ▐█
█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐█
█▌ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▐█
█▌               ▐█
█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

WHITEPAPER

|  JOIN WHITELIST  |

▐▌
            ▐██▌
           ▄████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
   ▀████████████████████▀
      ▀██████████████▀
        ██████████▀
       ▐███████▀  ▄▌
       █████▀   ▄███
      ███▀      ▀▀███
     ▐▀             ▀▌
Up to  3 0 % 
B  o  n  u  s
|Telegram
    Twitter
Facebook
   Youtube
   Instagram
   LinkedIn
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billbear

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:08:00 AM

I`m just trying to not to keep over $1,500 on a single wallet, so that it will not be interesting high for the hackers, so. If they will hack one of my wallets then - I will be still living on the same.

BCSHonda

Activity: 350

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:56:23 AM

the best way of storing your bitcoins is always going to be cold storage on a paper, metal,... something physical. i don't even like hardware wallets because it is not 100% cold.

when it comes to storing it in the "cloud" then there are ways of reducing the risks of losing your funds. it still is not the best method but it is used. the obvious thing is to encrypt it with a strong encryption method and a strong password. for example a 20 character long password with AES-256 encryption. additionally you can always split it into multiple pieces and encrypt each piece separately and store them on different cloud services.
The security security is not currently an absolute because the export out of them that has many problems to comment. When security to be carefuled security security, no duplicate with personal information, very easy detected. Encryption special characters and breaking the networking connection of account hack account.

Deubila

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:16:10 AM

Yep storing your private keys on a keystore, json file, seed word, other mnemonic phrases is actually bad because it can be stolen through MITM or man in the middle attack. This happens when the attacker has manage to get into your network and sniff all your data from that network. I've heard that a cold storage is much safer.
When creativity produces electronic technology for human life, the benefits in life. Personal information is taboo in today's life, it is the image of people. That is their legal basis in life, but to steal information to do bad things are not good. Once they have access to their personal information, acts of piracy and possession of property should be punished under the law. They should not exist, harm the community.
Cinemo

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:25:12 AM

To my hypothesis, there are a lot of crypto enthusiasts who are fond of keeping their private keys, Keystore / JSON File, seed words, mnemonic phrases etc to their wallet on cloud storage platforms like google drive and the several others. From my little research and experience, I personally think to keep these sensitive data isn't the best due to its nature of proneness to unauthorized accesses.

I'm positive there are individuals in this forum with profound knowledge regarding this topic. We would be grateful if you share with us your experience, tips, advice and most importantly, secured ways and means we can manage our private keys.

Thank You!
my advised is just save it into your safety notes like in your fb or try to print it and try to copy this like 2 or 3 its more good to sure than to copy it 1 time because we will not know if one day your private key will stole or it will gone so be careful always save it into safety store.
btc_angela

Activity: 588
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:34:52 AM

To my hypothesis, there are a lot of crypto enthusiasts who are fond of keeping their private keys, Keystore / JSON File, seed words, mnemonic phrases etc to their wallet on cloud storage platforms like google drive and the several others. From my little research and experience, I personally think to keep these sensitive data isn't the best due to its nature of proneness to unauthorized accesses.

I'm positive there are individuals in this forum with profound knowledge regarding this topic. We would be grateful if you share with us your experience, tips, advice and most importantly, secured ways and means we can manage our private keys.

Thank You!

That is wrong, very wrong. I don't know if I'm going to make fun of you because you didn't do your own research on how to backup privatekeys or believed that you are a newbie in the world of crypto. Personally, for my privatekeys I wrote it down on a piece of paper and make a lot of back up copies. I store the copies on different places not just in my home but somewhere else. But if you have tons of bitcoins I would suggest to really get a good hardware wallet such as Trevor or Nano S to protect your assets.

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
zeingrind777

Activity: 462
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 06:49:32 AM

I probed to save a private key wallet by storing it in the cloud Google Drive and Flashdisk. And every time I open or check the contents of my wallet, I use metamask. Because the wallet that I use is Ethereum wallet.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
giarised

Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:29:17 AM

Thank You!
I though that you mostly will need to worry about all those stuffs when you’re making use of a private wallet that stores on your device, but that’s not true. And those that are making use of Google drive to store their private keys are taking a big risk if their Google account is hacked, information can be stolen and used to also get to their wallet. I will advise anyone to better make use of paper to write down their private keys and keep it somewhere safe.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.