Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED  (Read 1184 times)
Damnsammit (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:11:20 PM

Good luck everyone.
I like gjeric approach on the original concept, but it is quite hard to fill the negative space with that one, that's why I decided to take a different approach.

The target could be more translucent and in the background of the lettering to condense it more and elongate it...

but you will end up with the actual shape covering or being covered by the text, and that world defeat the purpose of it being in there in the first place.
There might be some clever way to make it work, I have a couple of years working as a designer and personally I just can't see it working like that.

Right on. I have no idea. Lol. Like I said I'm not a graphic designer. Just made a quick sketch. Lots of good work here but I shouldn't have included my sketch because too many people tried to make it work when it's not feasible.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:12:09 PM

Here's mine. Just a basic thing, I can modify the colors to your needs.

gjeric

Activity: 295

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:14:50 PM

Thanks. One more option based on your draft, but in 4:1, but I prefer the previous one.

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:15:15 PM

bdt_michael

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:20:53 PM

too many people tried to make it work when it's not feasible.

I partly disagree to what others said. Of course it can work out the way you drew it if someone manages to balance the lines and the size of the crosshair. If the text is not too far appart, the font has the right size and more importantly: A good font was chosen. It can look good.

If you need it to be 4:1 or even 5:1 - it's true. It is not feasible. The question is just: What do you need the logo for? If your goal is to have it as small as possible or fit in any layout - then it would of course be best if it would be only one line. Like many people did. If that's not required it doesn't matter.
Damnsammit (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:23:36 PM

If you need it to be 4:1 or even 5:1 - it's true. It is not feasible. The question is just: What do you need the logo for? If your goal is to have it as small as possible or fit in any layout - then it would of course be best if it would be only one line. Like many people did. If that's not required it doesn't matter.

It's for a website, and I will probably get stickers made with the logo to apply to the product I am making.

Anyways, I think this topic is about to be closed as I am talking with gjeric right now about purchasing his design.

Thanks for all of the submissions! Smiley
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:26:22 PM

It's for a website, and I will probably get stickers made with the logo to apply to the product I am making.

Anyways, I think this topic is about to be closed as I am talking with gjeric right now about purchasing his design.

Thanks for all of the submissions! Smiley

Thanks for the opportunity to enter!

Bitcrea

Bitcrea.com

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:36:33 PM

is it closed?

I would participate in it
please check my previous work:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444106.0
Damnsammit (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:06:24 PM

Yes it is now closed.

Thanks again for all of the entries Smiley
gjeric

Activity: 295

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:24:35 PM

Thank you and enjoy your new logo Smiley

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: