Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: closer to zero  (Read 1333 times)
brokenchair (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

Depending on if you use mt scam or not to judge prices, the current price is closer to zero than it is to its peak price.  The price has only been moving closer to zero and further away from its peak price.     
What does this mean.  Nothing, everything, who the hell knows.  I'm just tired of reading bitcoin was 28 dollars this time last year so bitcoin is doing good.  It is not doing good.
No one cares about the past, people care about the future.
crypto2k

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:30:35 PM

I dont know what price you're referring to, but the BTC price is still in the $600 range as if its more stability now than it was this morning. LTC price is climbing back up. I wouldnt worry about it.
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

everybody get up!

woo
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:51:20 PM

What should I do? Liquidate all holdings? Should I do it now?

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:57:22 PM

I'm just tired of reading bitcoin was 28 dollars this time last year so bitcoin is doing good.  It is not doing good.

Intelligent people take a global view into consideration when determining current environments.
The past is relevant.  Obviously.  You can't just disregard that in 1 year its popularity has increased its value 600%.
That isn't irrelevant information.  Markets don't subsist entirely upon whats happening "right now".

The value of a stock is based on its overall performance.
The value of any investment is based on its overall performance.
Long term.  Anyone in investments knows this. 
So yes ... The fact that BTC was $13 last year and $650 right now is very important.

The problem is the two mentalities of investors.   
Those (possibly yourself) who can't handle the emotional roller coaster and flip out over every fluctuation.
And those who keep their eye on the long term prize, and base their perception on the infrastructure progress instead.
As for me?   I bail from Bitcoin when I start seeing the infrastructure falling apart.
As it stands right now, BTC could go to $2.00 tomorrow and I would still be all in.
Because what is coming "infrastructurally" is huge.  And that can be proven. 

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
brokenchair (OP)

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:08:31 PM

I'm just tired of reading bitcoin was 28 dollars this time last year so bitcoin is doing good.  It is not doing good.

Intelligent people take a global view into consideration when determining current environments.
The past is relevant.  Obviously.  You can't just disregard that in 1 year its popularity has increased its value 600%.
That isn't irrelevant information.  Markets don't subsist entirely upon whats happening "right now".

The value of a stock is based on its overall performance.
The value of any investment is based on its overall performance.
Long term.  Anyone in investments knows this. 
So yes ... The fact that BTC was $13 last year and $650 right now is very important.

The problem is the two mentalities of investors.   
Those (possibly yourself) who can't handle the emotional roller coaster and flip out over every fluctuation.
And those who keep their eye on the long term prize, and base their perception on the infrastructure progress instead.
As for me?   I bail from Bitcoin when I start seeing the infrastructure falling apart.
As it stands right now, BTC could go to $2.00 tomorrow and I would still be all in.
Because what is coming "infrastructurally" is huge.  And that can be proven. 

-B-

By your logic, if your referring to  bitcoin as a stock, I doubt to many people would consider a stock losing half its value in a month as a good performing stock.  Furthermore if someone bought in at this 28 dollar mark, all in, no progression buying, no selling, right now they essentially lost half of their money as well.  The person may be up from 28 dollars, but they are way down from not selling when they could have.
If it was some stock or fund they would see that one day they had 10k profit, now they have 5k.

Does this chart look familiar to any you know?
Id say were at the share price goes chaotic point, so im waiting/hoping for improvement. 
https://www.google.com/search?q=enron+stock+graph&rlz=1C1RNVG_enUS572US572&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4lr5UprNDYvK0AGY74GACQ&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=971#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=DiuEpGmPwn4gfM%253A%3Bo7wPJ4hlIIAFfM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ecotao.com%252Fholism%252Fadd%252Fenron%252FEnron_whole.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ecotao.com%252Fholism%252Fadd%252Fenron%252Fenron_chaos.html%3B743%3B468

btc925

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:59:45 PM

Is bitcoin's value dropping because of the halt of withdrawals at Mt. Gox? If so, does that mean the $600 range and most btc growth is dependent on the performance of the top exchanges? Where would btc be if we lost all the main exchanges?
EchoingUprise

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:56:59 AM

Is bitcoin's value dropping because of the halt of withdrawals at Mt. Gox? If so, does that mean the $600 range and most btc growth is dependent on the performance of the top exchanges? Where would btc be if we lost all the main exchanges?

It is hard to say 100% the exact reasons of price increases or decreases. Generally it is a number of factors. However the recent price drop is more likely caused by not being able to get BTC out of Mt Gox, so everyone on Mt Gox was selling to at least be able to get Fiat out.
eafdeafd

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:06:09 AM

Depending on if you use mt scam or not to judge prices, the current price is closer to zero than it is to its peak price.  The price has only been moving closer to zero and further away from its peak price.     
What does this mean.  Nothing, everything, who the hell knows.  I'm just tired of reading bitcoin was 28 dollars this time last year so bitcoin is doing good.  It is not doing good.

I think it's slowly going up again. And honestly, it's not going to go to zero...
elavenil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:10:04 AM

Price is steady now at $600. But bitcoin should not relay upon one exchange. Each and every bitcoin crash is due to mtgox. people should avoid completely.

vpitcher07

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:12:48 AM

Even if BTC drops to $200 I and a lot of other people are still doing ok. Bitcoin is hardly doing bad. I hate these baseless complaints because people bought high and sold low....

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 01:17:13 AM

I'm ten seconds closer to death after reading this.....  Tongue
TPN

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

How did it get so late, so soon?

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:23:16 AM

How is 650$~ " zero "?
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:15:01 AM

i'm now one minute closer to cashing in my coins in two years for a princely sum of money, whereas brokenchair will be trying to burn this thread from his memory.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:45:52 AM

Lol to this thread...

You can't treat Bitcoin like a stock. Bitcoin won't be zero because it's a vessel for trade. It more closely resembles the entire stock exchange (currently at a much lesser scale) rather than a single stock...

For every coin sold at a loss is the profit of somebody else...

Get a grip people.

BTW; the price is over 700 on most exchanges. Gox has been insolvent for a long time... Bitcoin is the king of arbitrage; you think Gox prices would be so much higher if there weren't major withdrawal problems?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:00:01 AM

Depending on if you use mt scam or not to judge prices, the current price is closer to zero than it is to its peak price.  The price has only been moving closer to zero and further away from its peak price.    
What does this mean.  Nothing, everything, who the hell knows.  I'm just tired of reading bitcoin was 28 dollars this time last year so bitcoin is doing good.  It is not doing good.

Good post and welcome to the forum. A forum full of arseholes who will fuck with your mind and make you lose money if you let their hair-brained shit affect your thinking.

Right now, it would have to be said that rpietila is the Bitcoin forecasting king around here. When Bitcoin was still way over $1000, he started calling the correction/crash, to levels way more more bearish than even i would have imagined and actually before i even considered that the Bitcoin bull run was over. We have seen those levels and he reckons we will see more of them. He is a long term bull btw. a mega-bull of the most insane 100k Bitcoin proportions. I can safely say that i lack repeitila's long term confidence and harbour the suspicion that Bitcoin may have to survive a near death experience before it can do any more uninterrupted growing.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:05:18 AM

These bears are great entertainment I must say  Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: