Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CraPE v0.3 beta - Boot from USB - Win8 PE Based Mining OS  (Read 37380 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:26:57 AM

It's really strange, I had success one time installing wireless drivers in the x86 os.
Rebooted and drivers were gone, tried again and it didn't wokr  Huh

This is really confusing to say the least :p

The system drive (X:) loads into ram. When you're running it live you could erase half the files and rename the other half random gibberish, and on reboot it would go back to exactly how it was.

You gotta use dism to load drivers, offline. Here, extract this and go to where dism.exe lives and run those commands I told you a few posts back to add drivers: http://l.bitcasa.com/DmXx2Mck

OK, So I'm a little slow. Please explain to me why there are no ATI drivers installed?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:56:54 AM

It's really strange, I had success one time installing wireless drivers in the x86 os.

The system drive (X:) loads into ram. When you're running it live you could erase half the files and rename the other half random gibberish, and on reboot it would go back to exactly how it was.

You gotta use dism to load drivers, offline. Here, extract this and go to where dism.exe lives and run those commands I told you a few posts back to add drivers: http://l.bitcasa.com/DmXx2Mck

Thanks a lot!

Will give it a shot in a while...was trying to get my GTX 780 to run some 3d benchmarks at ridiculously high clocks Cheesy (my idea of Saturday night fun)
captchunk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:37:33 AM

OK, So I'm a little slow. Please explain to me why there are no ATI drivers installed?

I think I'm a little slow too. What exactly doesn't have ATI drivers installed?
eZc

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:15:56 PM

Is there any way, that changes done during OS operation surive a restart?
Isn't this an option you can set, that changes automatically are stored?
crazyates (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:55:55 PM

Is there any way, that changes done during OS operation surive a restart?
Isn't this an option you can set, that changes automatically are stored?
No. The boot.wim gets extracted to RAM upon bootup, and any changes are NOT saved when you shut it down. Think of it like a "snapshot" of your OS, and you're always booting into that same instance of your OS every time you reboot.

To get around this, you can place SOME of your mining files on the USB drive itself, such as your SGMiner folder and config file. I also placed a PENetwork config file on there, which gets copied over to the X: drive upon bootup. This lets you make changes, and the OS can use these newer changes after reboot.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
ivanlabrie

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:25:42 PM

I'm adding network and gpu drivers to a winpe build I have...will try your latest vnc enabled one later.

This one boots to either a 64bit or 32bit winpe 8.1.

Thanks for the tips, post a donation address or pm me catcha.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:44:39 PM

Your release has no R9 drivers also I tried to force HD 7870 (same chipset) and got error "Not compatible with this version of windows"

Testing with R9-270

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:48:24 PM

I'm adding network and gpu drivers to a winpe build I have...will try your latest vnc enabled one later.

You guys want to add nvidia NIC drivers (built in lanparty mobo i'm testing on).

http://www.dfi.com/DFI-Lanparty/support/MBDriverDownload.jsp?selectedDriveritemId=503

Are you modding Gandolf's release?

ivanlabrie

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:50:41 PM

You guys want to add nvidia NIC drivers (built in lanparty mobo i'm testing on).

http://www.dfi.com/DFI-Lanparty/support/MBDriverDownload.jsp?selectedDriveritemId=503

Would be cool...haven't had success yet.
captchunk

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:46:55 AM

Your release has no R9 drivers also I tried to force HD 7870 (same chipset) and got error "Not compatible with this version of windows"

Testing with R9-270

Oh that's what those other drivers in CCC are for? LOL, bonehead move by me.

Ok I'm gonna update stuff.
captchunk

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:50:45 AM

Dude just link me the drivers you want on Gandalf's ISO, I'll load them and send you a link.
manali9

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:15:05 AM

I there a way to update cgminer to 3.7.2?
I've tried to put it manually but when I launch it says unrecognized command
I also would like to add cgwatcher is that possible?
Many thanks
hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:41:09 AM

trying to run this and getting an error - libcurl-4.dll is missing? (running on a Q6700, 4GB, 5870, 5770, 5770 rig)

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
captchunk

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:11:40 PM

Testing with R9-270

Oh that's what those other drivers in CCC are for? LOL, bonehead move by me.

Ok I'm gonna update stuff.

Right, so the issue wasn't that I hadn't put the drivers in, it was that the path that enables them on startup was all wrong. Fixed it, uploading right now. It's getting confusing if people are asking questions about my build or Crazyrates', so I'm migrating over here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16545.msg135003#msg135003
ivanlabrie

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:26:23 PM

Dude just link me the drivers you want on Gandalf's ISO, I'll load them and send you a link.

Awesome!

I wanted to try it for nvidia gpus, so: http://www.nvidia.es/download/driverResults.aspx/73251/es
And I'll need EVGA Precision X, not sure if you can run that as a portable app. (also, cudaminer, the latest release)
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:13:21 PM

Anyways, anybody had a chance to test out the build I made, especially people with 270-290 cards?

Link to the new builds in file format.
I don't do strange exe's Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: