Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:22:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating pool: What is the CENTRAL_WALLET in stratum-mining?  (Read 679 times)
sleepless (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 04:14:10 AM

Hey,

I'm trying to make my own private pool (only for myself).

I've installed stratum-mining (https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/stratum-mining) and now I'm trying to configure it but I'm asking myself what this is:

CENTRAL_WALLET = 'set_valid_addresss_in_config!'    # local coin address where money goes

There's no further information. Should this be the wallet id of bitcoind / litecoind (running on the server) or their public key? Or something completely different like the path of the wallet.dat Oo?
Cause I thought that it connects through RPC to the bitcoind / litecoind and then solves blocks. So why should you need an address?

Sorry but I really don't get it and hope some pool owners can help me with it.

Thank you very much!

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:12:43 PM

Hi, this is the wallet's address (where you would send coins to).

You can get it by running <coinname>d getaccountaddress ""

and then paste the address you get into the config in the CENTRAL_WALLET line

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: