Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [RBY] ★★ Rubycoin ★★ A precious gem for the digital age  (Read 287370 times)
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:17:09 PM

Dev just kicked/banned me and at least one other person from IRC. He stated that the Hash.so pool had a "security" risk. A couple of us asked where he got the info from and what the risk was. He got all defensive stating that he shouldn't need to answer the question and then simple started mouthing off about the owner. It sounded more like bad blood to me, so i asked if he knew whether the risk was in the owner, code in the site, etc? But this simple question, asked only once, got us a kick instead (with the message "Fuck Off"). How pleasant.

Just thought everyone should know how the person in charge of this coin acts. That is, like a child, and i won't support a coin that's run by someone who can't answer simple questions without having a tantrum. Anybody who knows me from other IRC channels knows i'm a level-headed person and won't just spout sh*t about anyone for no reason. Dumping my coins in the next 10 minutes.

Get out while you can, because this coin is going anywhere but the moon. I guess i should have realised this after their first failed launch, followed by the delay of the second launch and their inability to compile their own wallets. And to think i almost bothered to compile it for them for one of the crappy bounties, just lol...  Cheesy

TLDR:
Dev is a grumpy child with a Napoleon complex.
Dev team can't code or compile.
Coin is doomed.
Dump and run.

Getting rid of all my coins too, selling them really cheap. This coin doesn´t deserve buy orders.

I have offered multiple times to relieve others of the burden of their unwanted RubyCoin I will dispose of them in a just and dignified way for you: RegwZYH49tCZqHdhjiy9zWk78vhP7eauAt

Hope you still want Ruby - Mined for about five minutes - only got 1.000?Huh Just sent it to you TxId# bfc0317b868aaed286258e18c6bf64818aa51779be1b0255a87c9cacfa15ffcc

Enjoy it! lol!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sq

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:37:18 PM

voted... good luck!

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:38:18 PM

Can anyone tell me the truth?
How about this coin?
It's really premined?

Huh Huh Huh

It says so right on the front page. Their first failed attempt it was zero premine but they seen a lot of people where interested in it so they jacked it up to a 2% premine. Then they gave the source to their buddies and two pools so they could get mining on it first. They are so lame they could not even complie a windows wallet inbetween the time of their first failed launch and the second private launch. The source code was released after his buddies and two pools were mining on it for 5 minutes or so. These fools are not devs they are copy masters.

Algorithm:   Scrypt
Block Reward:   For the first 5 months, rewards step down from 500, 250, 125, 75, 50.
Block Target:   150 seconds
Difficulty Retargetting:   Every block
Max Supply:   60 million
Premine:   2%
mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:01:01 PM

How about this coin?
It's really premined?

Huh Huh Huh

It says so right on the front page. Their first failed attempt it was zero premine but they seen a lot of people where interested in it so they jacked it up to a 2% premine. Then they gave the source to their buddies and two pools so they could get mining on it first. They are so lame they could not even complie a windows wallet inbetween the time of their first failed launch and the second private launch. The source code was released after his buddies and two pools were mining on it for 5 minutes or so. These fools are not devs they are copy masters.

Block Reward:   For the first 5 months, rewards step down from 500, 250, 125, 75, 50.

I've been in communications for some time, and I know a coordinated disinformation campaign when I see one. This statement is patently false. There was no private launch.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
TimC
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:05:45 PM

How about this coin?
It's really premined?

Huh Huh Huh

I've been in communications for some time, and I know a coordinated disinformation campaign when I see one. This statement is patently false. There was no private launch.

Then why was the source not posted for all to get? Why was there no windows wallet complied so people could solo mine? Why were only two pool giving the source code and the source code not posted so all of the pools could get it at the same time? You can't say it was not premined because it was.
mogonzo

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:09:33 PM

How about this coin?
It's really premined?

Huh Huh Huh

Then why was the source not posted for all to get? Why was there no windows wallet complied so people could solo mine? Why were only two pool giving the source code and the source code not posted so all of the pools could get it at the same time? You can't say it was not premined because it was.

The source was posted at launch. The windows wallet was compiled shortly after launch. Solo mining was never recommended and would not have been possible at 200+ difficulty without in excess of 60 M/H in power. You said private launch, which indicates some public miners were given an advantage. This is not the case. Nice try.

TimC
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:17:37 PM

The source was posted at launch. The windows wallet was compiled shortly after launch. Solo mining was never recommended and would not have been possible at 200+ difficulty without in excess of 60 M/H in power. You said private launch, which indicates some public miners were given an advantage. This is not the case. Nice try.

Then why do a lot of others think and seen the same thing?

-huge premine-check
    -Ninja premine-check
    -Nothing new as far as technical aspects-check
    -A few friends get in to mine on launch-check
    -Difficulty starts at 100 for everyone else-check
    -Random guy makes the wallet-check
    -devs wonder why wallet doesn't work-check, but don't know how to fix it-check
RouletteRun

Activity: 451

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

Dev just kicked/banned me and at least one other person from IRC. He stated that the Hash.so pool had a "security" risk. A couple of us asked where he got the info from and what the risk was. He got all defensive stating that he shouldn't need to answer the question and then simple started mouthing off about the owner. It sounded more like bad blood to me, so i asked if he knew whether the risk was in the owner, code in the site, etc? But this simple question, asked only once, got us a kick instead (with the message "Fuck Off"). How pleasant.

Just thought everyone should know how the person in charge of this coin acts. That is, like a child, and i won't support a coin that's run by someone who can't answer simple questions without having a tantrum. Anybody who knows me from other IRC channels knows i'm a level-headed person and won't just spout sh*t about anyone for no reason. Dumping my coins in the next 10 minutes.

Get out while you can, because this coin is going anywhere but the moon. I guess i should have realised this after their first failed launch, followed by the delay of the second launch and their inability to compile their own wallets. And to think i almost bothered to compile it for them for one of the crappy bounties, just lol...  Cheesy

TLDR:
Dev is a grumpy child with a Napoleon complex.
Dev team can't code or compile.
Coin is doomed.
Dump and run.

I was wondering where that dropped from. Wink Rest assured that your coin will be properly disposed of.
Getting rid of all my coins too, selling them really cheap. This coin doesn´t deserve buy orders.

I have offered multiple times to relieve others of the burden of their unwanted RubyCoin I will dispose of them in a just and dignified way for you: RegwZYH49tCZqHdhjiy9zWk78vhP7eauAt

Hope you still want Ruby - Mined for about five minutes - only got 1.000?Huh Just sent it to you TxId# bfc0317b868aaed286258e18c6bf64818aa51779be1b0255a87c9cacfa15ffcc

Enjoy it! lol!

I was wondering where that dropped in from.  Wink Rest assured that your coin will be properly disposed of.
mogonzo

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:29:21 PM

For one very simple reason: there is a group of people attempting to mis-inform people about rubycoin in this thread. Whether intentionally or not, that's what they're doing. Anyone who was in the IRC at launch knows what you are saying is false.

I don't engage with habitual liars. We're done here.

TimC
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:38:29 PM

For one very simple reason: there is a group of people attempting to mis-inform people about rubycoin in this thread. Whether intentionally or not, that's what they're doing. Anyone who was in the IRC at launch knows what you are saying is false.

Yeah, right. You don't see this shit posted in the Rabbit, BlackCoin, Myriad thread or any of the many other coins that had what people felt as fair/good launches. You just see this shit posted in coins where people felt it was unfair. You can't deny that is was premined. When you got a shit coin people post about your shit. Time to get back to my programming job and start cracking on some source code and sql statements.
avanda1121

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

No problem with wallet and with sync,tnx! Grin
https://mega.co.nz/#!hJ5VTLQL!2eva0qLgw7wZDnn5lVzPJixqNpE82WFZavJYypGo6DY
RouletteRun

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:04:31 PM

The price is rising steady guys... and gals, don't sell cheap. You're only cutting your own throat by selling cheap. On CryptoRush, there's plenty of interest in this coin with more offers to buy coins than there are coins available. This coin is a slow enough mine that it's likely to stay that way for quite some time. This is the open market where market forces will dictate once all the dumpers have come and gone and with a limited supply, there can only be so many dumpers which is now why the price is beginning to rise, the ADD/ADHD miners have come and are leaving for the next new thing. It's my belief that those who stick around a little while longer will be rewarded for their perseverance.
oinquer

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:34:00 PM

I was there at launch...some pools started 2 minutes early and forum was not updated with source until a couple minutes after everyone was mining....also the link for wallet was a dropbox link...no git that was setup for that....
i was lucky to be signed up for 5 pools and the one which mined first was one of those that was in config...
still jumped out after so much noobness...i know at least not to create a coin and mess everything up....

well...maybe i should...get a good money and drop out.

It was clear what happened here...
gepisar

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:42:10 PM

Just thought I'd slam in my tuppence - and this applies to all Altcoins i guess, not specifically RubyCoin.

Barter: we think of exchanging specific quantities of goods. Perhaps grain for livestock, or livestock for land. The need for such things is apparent, and indeed in the modern world, the "need" for iPods and Plasma TVs. Regardless, they are goods and someone somewhere will swap a 52” plasma for a small motorcycle. Maybe not many, but there will be some. This is one limitation of barter. The plasma TV doesn’t split up easily into fifty-two 1” screens and finding that buyer may prove difficult.

Aware of barter limitations, what would be a good way to increase trade? One solution is that instead of directly exchanging the plasma TV for a motorcycle one of our traders’ exchanges his motorcycle for a high-end computer, not for his own use, but because he knows the TV vendor will exchange his goods for a computer. The computer may now be exchanged for the plasma TV. So, now we have more liquidity in the plasma TV market as vendors accept different goods in exchange.

This is dependent on the market being able to produce these other goods. This also requires more willing people to exchange motorcycles and computers for other goods…and that those goods themselves are supported by strong liquidity...and so on. Thus is born the notion of indirect exchange. The computer was used as an interim-exchange-product: a medium of exchange.

The medium-of-exchange also solves the problem of non-integral item exchange. As noted, the plasma TV can’t be chopped up into useful smaller units, so an interim product or service that can be is substituted as the medium of exchange.

This introduces an interesting problem. As our traders exchange varying commodities some will see arbitrage opportunities. They may not exchange goods on an immediate needs basis, but for a “future” perceived-needs basis. The theory being that at some point, the commodities exchanged today, may exchange later more favourably and the advantage exploited. Further, goods made surplus to necessity may be traded out. Eventually, our trader’s records may show stock of 5 iPods, 6 Computers, 2 cars, 3 plasma TVs, 10 tons of wheat, 300Kg of sugar and two reindeer. During the same period to get these goods, he had to exchange 1ton of butter, 100Kg of tea, a mix of exotic herbs and 100Kg of copper (hopefully not nicked from the local power grid sub-station). So, how’s our trader doing? Is he up – or down? This is another limitation of barter.  Using a standard commodity (money) on one side of the trade enables comparative reckoning.

We still have the issue of fluctuating exchange rates. There is also the problem of market manipulation by vendors who exclusively bring to market a desirable product. This describes the free market.

In summary the free market is a network of two people exchanging two different commodities on terms they agree upon. The free market is an opportunity of such exchanges performed in mutual benefit. Convenience will desire a medium of exchange and maturity of the market and expansion of trades will snowball the confidence of the medium exchange until it becomes widely accepted. This medium of exchange is still a commodity itself. This is the very definition of “money”.

The question remains then, what do people use this "money" for? The long term success of alt coins requires the answer to this question. The "price" of the commodity (money, the alt coins itself) is driven by demand. This is the old supply and demand argument. But there is also the utility argument: when sugar becomes too expensive, people opt for a cheaper alternative rather than just not buy it. But to some, they will give up other goods to afford the sugar.

And as for “advice” – its only good for today! The statement about people selling cheap whilst the price rises is also at odds with how an exchange works. If the price is rising, it’s because people are NOT selling cheap.  Well, that’s not even accurate – it means they are selling at a price above that last traded price. “Cheap” is one of those marketing/communications words. It’s a “comparative deletion”. Cheap is a comparison… to what? The ‘what’ hasn’t been defined…its missing or deleted information. Cheap compared to some benchmark based on what? In the end, belief.

This outlook is exhibited by ‘newbie gold investors’. “If gold is such a good investment, then why are the dealers selling it?” The answer is: context. Maybe the dealer bought the gold ten years ago when he retired and his current position is worth realising by selling his holdings. He believes the market has peaked, or, if he’s a professional investor, he has reached his price target and is exercising his discipline and selling and living it up. A new buyer may have a longer term view that currency is weak, and inflation is a concern so he is happy to buy at the seller’s price. Different values, same price. And this is the crux of trade. Price is agreed, but value is disagreed. (Think of selling a car – the buyer has a higher value for the car than the seller, or the seller would keep it. The seller has higher value for the cash, or the buyer would keep the cash. But, the “price” is agreed…)

Prices will rise, prices will fall. Timing is everything and sometimes you’re just lucky!

romeozoom

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:25:28 PM

soon coming coinedup ?
xhash

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:44:15 PM

Hello everyone

New Rubycoin pool added at http://xhash.net
VARDIFF, Stratum, PROP, 0% fee, 1% default donation.

Cheers

xHash.net Pools - Frycoin (FRY), Karmacoin (KARM), Leafcoin (LEAF), Lottocoin (LOT), Phicoin (PHI), Potcoin (POT), RapidCoin (RPD), Smartcoin (SMC).
RouletteRun

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:09:21 PM

Prices will rise, prices will fall. Timing is everything and sometimes you’re just lucky!

I for one fully welcome your input, my point is that it's my belief that there's a lot more meat to be had still on this bone and if there's anything I can do to get it to my personal price point... then that's what I'm gonna do. This is why I am encouraging people to hold out for a higher price, because we as miners are in control of the supply side of the equation and nobody can buy "cheap" if we don't allow them to buy cheap. I fully understand that there will always be people who when a commodity reaches a price they are comfortable with will sell, but I want to assume there are many like myself who would like to see my work and time rewarded with a little more rather than a little less and I'm willing to spend a little more of both to see if I can't get it to where I want it and I will continue to lobby my fellow miners in an attempt to rally all of us to what I believe is a mutual cause. I'm not in this because I want to do it for the cheap.  Wink
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:23:07 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 05:34:21 PM by nearmiss

At least 2 pools were mining the coin seconds after the dropbox link was posted (at best, it may have been a minute or two before, both are a sign of the same thing).  This was seen on irc specifically.  Therefore they had to have it ahead of time.  The first post in this thread was not updated for many minutes after the link was posted in irc.  To my knowledge the change in early block reward wasn't posted anywhere.

Where is the mis-information?

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
gepisar

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:31:19 PM

There's also the notion that the 80 million coin limited supply is also factored into the current price: the so called "efficient market" hypothesis. Even in the "real" world there is accounting for strangeness. Take for example ponzi schemes. Real, sophisticated investors will sometimes even "invest" into a ponzi knowing full well it's a ponzi. They get in, get out and "make" their money at the detriment of those who (for whatever reason, ignorance, persuasion or otherwise) come later. This isn't without its risk and morally dubious. By some, its seen as a legit investment. Not saying cryptocoins are a ponzi shceme by any means! (As debt-based fiat currency continues its inevitable devaluation, cryptos are surely the way) However, again, its about "value" and price. If this coin is to thrive, is requires value above all others. What can you do with coin that you can not with others? Without this, its surely speculation and this requires skill and judgment on "price" and timing...as compared to eveyone else's in the market. Personally, i like the name; reminds me of my ex-girlfriend... so, there's even "emotional" content to contend with -> which any professional investor would tell you is a nonsense! I guess the point im also making is regardless of how any particular coin is released, fair or unfair, what counts now is the price and the willingness of the market. Past performance is no indication to the future and all that and if we looked at quantitative easing in the "real" world, thats the most unfair way of releasing new money. It favours the banks and first lenders, and hurts savers and pensions the most... fair no... but nothing we can do to change that... except maybe make our own money....the story continues.
RouletteRun

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:38:15 PM

At least 2 pools were mining the coin seconds after the dropbox link was posted (at best, it may have been a minute or two before, both are a sign of the same thing).  Therefore they had to have it ahead of time.  The first post in this thread was not updated for many minutes after the link was posted in irc.  To my knowledge the change in early block reward wasn't posted anywhere.

Where is the mis-information?

OMG, almost two days later and people are still crying.  Cry I was not on one of the early release pools, in fact, you can find me right now on Bitember.com, I missed a few coins... I missed a few coins, that's it. I wish I had gotten those coins, because I am trying to make a profit here, but even though I happen to be a guy... I've got my big girl panties on and I will live to fight another day. I have chosen to mine this coin for a while longer, but I might change my mind an hour from now, but I just can't spend days crying over something I know I'm not going to change. Either I want to mine this coin or I don't, if I don't want to, I will put my energies into the coin I do want to mine... it's just that simple.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: