Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:58:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Short term vs. Long term investments  (Read 3991 times)
qmclak (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 2

"Trade with profit"

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 08:16:28 AM

Which do you prefer?

Hello Everyone, want to ask few questions here.

Short term or Long term investment?
Which is more profitable to you?
What coins  do think that is good for long term now?

Feel free to comment your ideas and opinions.

♦[https://www.forextrendy.com/?hop=scdigital9]♦ ► FOREX TRENDY ◄ ♦TRENDS SCANNER ,Increase your chance in winning  ♦
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RonaldTerry000

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:32:04 PM

I preferred a long term investment, slowly but surely!
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1358
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:40:53 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2018, 08:31:18 PM by AnonBitCoiner

Which do you prefer?

What coins  do think that is good for long term now?

Bitcoin is more profitable one.It is best asset for longterm profit.Patience is the essential one,to succeed in bitcoin trading.Due to loss of patience,many people sell their bitcoin at low prices and worry about that act later.Holding is better way to escape from unwanted loss.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:05:06 PM

I am bitcoin investor starting at q1 2014 and hold for long term is really worked for me. Short term investment will only work when the market condition at very bullish condition. For market like this we need long term vision and really be very carefull when we want to put our money on some project. But if this year we can comeback to $10k per bitcoin then short term investment will worked too. Long term for me is 4 years and short term is 6 month at least.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:33:25 PM

I didn't find myself in short time investment, it's too hard to predict the future move of the price and I fast moved in minus with my coins. So, for now I'm just collecting and waiting for 'moon' prices.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:42:15 PM

Both long term and short term are good for investments. Bitcoin is good for both long term and short term investments. At the same ethereum and other altcoins are good for long term investments. Always long term investments only will.give more benefits. In short term investments we cannot analyse the market moves. But in long term we have a time to analyse the market whether it will be in increase or decrease mode. According to that we can plan ti hold or sell.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1708

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:53:14 PM

Basically most people should have both forms of investments.

Most people are impatient and they want short term investments with the most revenue. However those in general are very risky. They involve investing in small cap stocks or small cap cryptos.

Long term investments could be things like the SP500 index or with Bitcoin itself. Their gains aren't as high but they are more stable and can lead to actual profit rather than most of the pump and dump cryptos and penny stocks.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:52:17 PM

Short term investment is not really a good thing for me ,I will rather do a long term investment and make sure its safer for me in terms of return of profit..
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:58:39 PM

Which do you prefer?

If you are a pro trader you invest on altcoins or bitcoin for the short term investment. It will be play according to the price fluctuations in the market mate.

Then for long term always you can go with bitcoin and ethereum mate. I have some amount on both these coins in the market.
Hopefully, it will be reach its peak value in the market again like on 2017.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:04:56 PM

Which do you prefer?

Well as for me and my experience as a trader short term trading is not as easy as it sounds rather it is difficult to maintain since nothing is certain on crypto's. Short term are the most common method when trading usual coins just to gain something but sometimes even if you want to gain you can't stop the unexpected events done by crypto's. Long terms are for coins that has been pulling through since ages. Example BTC, ETH ,BCH , DOGDE etc. Just a risky ride to where your money can take you.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:21:09 PM

Long term investments don't require much knowledge other than hold till your target price is hit and then sell. The problem with people is that they consider long term investments to be boring and not worthy with how active the major part of the crypto market is. They hop from coin to coin based on profitability and volatility, and that hasn't changed throughout the years. I would even say that it is worse right now than how it was when I entered crypto years ago. All this speculative hype is a toxic element of this market, and as much as I want to see it gone, it won't and probably will grow out to be an even bigger problem in the next few years....
poli_btc

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:08:09 PM

After I had spent enough time on the financial markets, I realized for myself that in the cryptocurrency world it would be more profitable for me to take the position of a long-term investor. The basis of my cryptocurrency portfolio is BTC and ETH, as they are the best.
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:12:21 PM

Which do you prefer?

I love both. In each case, I use the short and long-term method. For potential coins, I often use long-term investment. With coins prone to price manipulation, I would use the short-term method

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:13:36 PM

I read an article that stated for the most part, those who day-traded their cryptocurrencies between Q1 and Q4 of 2017 made less profit in terms of USD than those who had just held BTC for that same time period. I think that the market situation has now changed, and day trading, particularly shorting is now the main method of generating profit.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:29:52 PM

I prefer long term investment. It's not gonna grow so fast. But i will surely grow in the future. I hold BTC and been waiting for 4 months for Bitcoin to recover. But im sure it's gonna grow in the future. Som im not worrying about losing my investment. But if i had an opportunity to day trade. I only trade only small amount. But one time my i hit a jackpot which gives me huge profits and just lose it in the end. Both long term and short term are profitable. But they are different from each other. Short term is more riskier than long term. Day trade only can be profitable when you have the knowledge of analyzing the trends. But many preferred long term especially those big time investors. They settle on small amount of profits. They want their investment to be 2x or even 5x higher.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:36:33 PM

Which do you prefer?

For me it is a strategy. Investing in the short and long term must have advantages and disadvantages of each. What will determine is how we can take the right time to make decisions. Nothing is really the best because I think the two are the same. When we want to determine long-term investment then we have to choose a coin that has good prospects and can be expected to last several years. As for short-term investment then we should be able to determine the coin that can experience price changes at any time, usually it is altcoin. With proper coin selection then we can get a very big advantage, therefore do the analysis as well as possible and we will get satisfactory results.
tranduc2101

Activity: 333

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:39:43 PM

Which do you prefer?

I like a long-term investment because when investing long term, I will not have to worry whenever the price fluctuates during the day or in a month, and I just need to see the price of the coin that I hold once a month

jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:41:57 PM

Which do you prefer?

I like longer term than short term. But sometimes we have to make short-term investments. Because there are some coins after rising up and after that reduced down a lot. So we need to choose the right time to sell
IanKaramazov

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 10:44:54 PM

Which do you prefer?

https://i.imgur.com/2KGMO6k.jpg

Why not both?
I do both. They helpl me fit into different market situations. I believe it will help you too.
SandraStark

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:19:20 PM

Long-term investments are invested for a period of three or more years, short-term investments for a period of one year. Effective management of all spheres of the company's activity ensures successful development in conditions of reasonable competition. This also directly relates to the complex process of long-term investment. Therefore, everyone should decide for himself. Any investment has its advantages. The main thing is to be confident in the company you are investing in)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: