Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:56:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] "GOX" BTC <=> "Real" BTC exchange at bitcoinbuilder.com!  (Read 10212 times)
breel

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:39:47 AM

Are people giving up their SSN to bitcoin builder?
I was fine with the rest, but I'm not so comfortable giving my ssn to a webpage like this...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pierre

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:49:14 AM

I <3 BitcoinBuilder
somanhuang

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:39:51 PM

I send 1 gox btc to the name wanted10top,and he got it but refuse to pay me back with real btc,take care of this guy.
BTW,@wanted10top,if u need that 1 gox btc,just keep it,but u lose the best thing as a human being--integrity,u lose it and will never get it back in ur whole life,i feel sad for u... Grin Grin u asked for teamviewer again and again?what u want?to control my computer and stolen my coins quickly?hahah....waste my time....
Sheerohtsug

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:06:03 PM

Hi there.

Josh :

I like and used your site, but now i m wondering : what if GOX frauders (the thieves who attacked with malleability and double-withdrew) still had assets in GOX currently and were getting afraid of being caught : they may try to "launder" their remaining coins out instead of risking being seized in retaliation for their stealing.
I therefore would advise that you watch for any very-large abnormal goxbtc offer which could look like such laundering.

BtC Gamer

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:14:39 PM

FINCEN has no jurisdiction for Cryptocurrency to Cryptocurrency transfers.  Maybe they would like to; but in reality anywhere outside of US it would be absurd.  If FINCEN pursues this then all innovation will move overseas. 

I have no problem with CoinBase's non invasive process.  NO PHOTO ID.  NO Social Security number.  Plus they deal with MY fiat. 
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

FINCEN has no jurisdiction for Cryptocurrency to Cryptocurrency transfers.  Maybe they would like to; but in reality anywhere outside of US it would be absurd.  If FINCEN pursues this then all innovation will move overseas. 

I have no problem with CoinBase's non invasive process.  NO PHOTO ID.  NO Social Security number.  Plus they deal with MY fiat. 

Well of course FINCEN doesn't have jurisdiction out side of the USA, it is a USA regulatory agency. However I assume bitcoinbuilder is based in the USA so I appreciate they fact they take legal compliance seriously.

I use Coinbase also. Maybe the reason they don't need a photo ID is because they validate your identity via a direct transaction to your bank account.
BtC Gamer

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:31:53 PM

Roy: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I also feel clarification of regulation is critical to the well being of BtC.  There does seem to be a healthy dialog.

Roy, as a trusted Bitcoin community member do you feel like you would trust Josh with all of your personal data?
roy7

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:56:01 PM

Roy, as a trusted Bitcoin community member do you feel like you would trust Josh with all of your personal data?

I sent in my verification docs for whatever that is worth. Maybe I'm too trusting. Smiley People need to decide for themselves what they are comfortable doing.

I think this little mini exchange is a good idea, it's something I want to use although in a far smaller volume than it seems some people are, and Josh has been around the forums for over 2 years.
Avalaxy

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:48:06 PM

Do you guys really think he would put his real name and linkedin profile on the frontpage of the website if it would be a scam? Nobody who's serious about his career would be so stupid to do that.

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
breel

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:36:49 PM

Is there a way to be sure that this is really his name?
It'd be easy to grab someone's name and linkedin and do something around it no?
roy7

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:54:06 AM

Is there a way to be sure that this is really his name?
It'd be easy to grab someone's name and linkedin and do something around it no?

He was interviewed at the tail end of this CNN story:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/20/technology/innovation/bitcoin-mtgox/
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:24:03 AM

Roy: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I also feel clarification of regulation is critical to the well being of BtC.  There does seem to be a healthy dialog.

I like the concept but collecting SSN is going too far.   I don't believe it is necessary.    If it is necessary that I won't be doing business with US based exchanges at this point in time.   That information is too risky to hand out.  
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:38:09 AM

Roy: Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I also feel clarification of regulation is critical to the well being of BtC.  There does seem to be a healthy dialog.

I like the concept but collecting SSN is going too far.   I don't believe it is necessary.    If it is necessary that I won't be doing business with US based exchanges at this point in time.   That information is too risky to hand out.  

From the CNN article: 
"It took me less than 12 hours of programming to do this, and I didn't have to get approval from anyone," Jones said. "It's an uncertain time, and I think there's money to be made and lost."

This is a private individual.  There probably isn't any security.   Clearly it isn't safe to provide your SSN.   
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:59:27 PM

Can someone explain this to me.

If I want to buy GoxBTC, I send "outside" BTC to bitcoinbuilder and then? Is there any way to retrieve these coins or would they simply be sent to my Gox account? Meaning that if I want to use the bought GoxBTC I would in turn have to sell them via bitcoinbuildor or wait for MTGOX to open withdrawals again respectively?

Thanks

Coin-transfers between MtGox accounts are still possible. So sellers of GoxBTC can transfer their GoxBTC to the account of BitcoinBuilder and buyers can get their GoxBTC deposited in their Gox account by BitcoinBuilder.
roy7

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:19:11 PM

Some more media coverage.

http://www.coindesk.com/has-company-found-workaround-mt-gox-withdrawals/
klaasic

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:47:29 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 06:05:08 AM by klaasic

I have to say I am quite frustrated at the moment. I made a withdrawal of 3 real BTCs from bitcoinbuilder.com to my wallet two days ago and they still haven't arrived. Support emails I've sent were not answered so far.

edit: they finally arrived!

Josh's answer: "I apologize for that, there are some weird bugs in coinbase's send payment API it seems! I've re-sent the payment now, and for tonight's batch we are using a double-verification of the account logs to make sure everything went out that coinbase said did!"
renfr

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:30:13 PM

I have to say I am quite frustrated at the moment. I made a withdrawal of 3 real BTCs from bitcoinbuilder.com to my wallet two days ago and they still haven't arrived. Support emails I've sent were not answered so far.
Keep us informed. Check out their FAQ too, it says to click on "recheck balances" or maybe you withdrew between 8pm-11pm PST so you have to wait for the next day.

BTCBTC Defeat jihad, support Israel against terror - כל הכבוד לצה"ל BTCBTC
End the FED, end the fractional reserve banking, support Ron Paul.
bitcoinperson

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:16:15 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:23:38 AM by bitcoinperson

I tried to withdraw several BTC yesterday (before 5PM PST) and still have not gotten them yet.

Correction: I have the coins now.
Medion

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:52:32 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 10:48:37 AM by Medion

No replay - No BTC on a Blockchain - I just feel like I was cheated in a worst possible way and therefore still can't believe myself. Is there any more people affected this morning? If Josh Jones is known person maybe there is a way otherwise to be screwed twice on Mt.Gox and by BitcoinBuilder is double loss.

Just to be clear I made a small transaction two days ago and that went straight after 11PM PST so I sold more and nothing happened so far.  Still refreshing blockchain in hope to see transaction going through... it's a sad feeling. Pls come out if you are in the same boat to see what are our options at this point.

Edit.ps: I see now after one hour first transactin appeared on the blockchain. sorry for all this rant but these days it's like wild west - it's hard to trust anybody especially after what we witnessed in BTC community. so far so good.  

Edit.2 All is good! Josh tweeted and explained everything this morning on Twiter and I got my real BTC some hours later.           
renfr

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:42:30 AM

All my withdrawals went through without any problem.
Keep in mind that BTC builder has a daily limit of 20,000 BTC hence why there might be delays, it's true that the website looks sketchy but afterall it seems legit, why would he scam us anyway?
He's charging 2% trading fee, with a volume of 9000 BTC a day he made a shitload of money, I see no reason to rob from us.

BTCBTC Defeat jihad, support Israel against terror - כל הכבוד לצה"ל BTCBTC
End the FED, end the fractional reserve banking, support Ron Paul.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: