Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTO Available for Consulting Project  (Read 92 times)
spearbit (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:57:49 PM

I'm a full-stack engineer with 10 years experience working professionally at top-tier technology companies in New York and San Francisco. I'm currently accepting offers for new projects. I sold my last company and am taking a little bit of time before starting my next one.

Here is how I like to work with clients:

* I'm in the business of client service: this is all about you and advancing your business. I do best when those projects are engineering, data, and/or machine-learning based.
* We meet up to three times so we can ensure I understand the problem you need solved, and that you're satisfied with the solution I'm proposing.
* If you're proposing something that I think is impossible / something that I won't be able to do, I'll be upfront about it and let you know.
* During the course of the project, we meet weekly to ensure that everything is going in the right direction.
* We specify a timeframe ahead of time, and assuming the requirements do not change, I guarantee the project is done within the specified timeframe.
* I remain available to maintain the solution for as long as you need.

Skills:

* Frontend: JS/ES6, React, Vue.js
* Backend: Ruby, Rails, Sinatra, Python, Flask, Django, JS/ES6
* Data: TensorFlow, Keras, very familiar with deep learning.
* Blockchain: I've written a block explorer and have implemented a blockchain + consensus model from scratch (as an educational project; I wouldn't recommend doing this in production)

About me:

* I've worked at three venture-funded companies (two exits, other is running and very profitable) and led an engineering team of 15 people.
* In the past four years, I've also completed $750k worth of consulting projects for eight companies, including two publicly-traded companies that you've most likely heard of if you're based in the US.

I'm definitely not the low-price option, and if you're a new company with no funding looking to complete a project on a tight budget, you should probably look elsewhere.

I generally bill out at ~ $5,000/day for short engagements, but also all clients have said working with me has been a "no-brainer." Instead of hiring a team of 10 who write spaghetti-code that you have to figure out how to maintain, we can work together and I'll understand, communicate, and deliver on time as promised. Also, what that team needs a month to do in Java I might be able to finish for you in a few days.

Due to confidentiality I can't openly share a portfolio, but happy to share more if you DM me.

Thanks in advance + looking forward to learning about how I can help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: