Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FUD] Mt. Gox CEO confess(in other words) to be bankrupt / insolvent  (Read 7825 times)
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:08:03 AM

it is the most important piece of information regarding Mt. Gox situation
It isn't useful information at all, it's an outright lie, because Karpeles has not confessed that MtGox is insolvent!

It's shocking that this has to be explained to someone that I assume is a grown adult. You can't just make shit up and expect to come out of it with your reputation intact!

The only verified statement that you can make so far would be something more like:

MtGox CEO refuses to confirm solvency

Which is not at all the same thing as your current title!

If you then want to speculate that this means MtGox is insolvent, great! Join the many others doing so over the last week! I have an opinion on that as well! But all you and I have is an opinion.

Do the right thing and correct your thread title.
bananas (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:17:17 AM

Calm down mate, My title is perfectly correct by commom sense but regardless of what you think my thread is just my opinion, i'm not CNN or Fox News.

it is the most important piece of information regarding Mt. Gox situation
It isn't useful information at all, it's an outright lie, because Karpeles has not confessed that MtGox is insolvent!

It's shocking that this has to be explained to someone that I assume is a grown adult. You can't just make shit up and expect to come out of it with your reputation intact!

The only verified statement that you can make so far would be something more like:

MtGox CEO refuses to confirm solvency

Which is not at all the same thing as your current title!

If you then want to speculate that this means MtGox is insolvent, great! Join the many others doing so over the last week! I have an opinion on that as well! But all you and I have is an opinion.

Do the right thing and correct your thread title.
indiekiduk

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:21:18 AM

Calm down mate, My title is perfectly correct by commom sense but regardless of what you think my thread is just my opinion, i'm not CNN or Fox News.

your title is the opposite of common sense. If I was a mod I'd ban you.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:22:45 AM

Q: In that case then why isn't your thread title "In my opinion MtGox is insolvent"?
A: Because facts aren't as interesting as something you just made up.

Do the right thing.
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:24:38 AM

Noobs/trolls bothering a OP what a surprise.

The title fits.

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:28:16 AM

I wonder if some people are that starved for attention outside of here that they feel the need to create factually incorrect and potentially libellous topics just to get it.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 05:38:02 AM

He will never confess to such a thing.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:04:12 PM

While MtGox may or may not be insolvent, your thread title appears to be an outright lie.

Maybe you can provide a link where M.K. does confess to being insolvent?

Why would it be confidential if they are solvent? They can't lie due to legal implications, so it is just confidential.

I don't know, but I'm not going to assume things or try and twist words into something they aren't.

I hope Gox dies a fiery death (after customers get their funds out and learn to be more informed when choosing an exchange), but I'm not going to lie about what has happened and what has not happened. The CEO hasn't confessed to anything.

Nobody other than Mark is lying(or omitting), the obvious is just so obvious. No need for a literal statement. I hope they don't die before managing to pay their customers, but they are currently insovent. Confidential solvency, refusing to explain frozen USD. Nothing more is needed to say.

Oh, trust me. A literal statement would have a massive impact.

That hasn't happened yet, and that is my only argument. Your thread title is a lie, regardless of what the actual truth of the situation may be.

I agree with both of you. The title is factually incorrect, Mark hasn't confessed to anything in the literal sense. But yeah, Its pretty obvious they are not solvent. At this point, they're doing all the same things every other scam has done. Just check out the threads on WeExchange and Jon Montroll and you'll know exactly how mtgox will play out.

I'm grumpy!!
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:06:56 PM

Fresh updates from #mtgox on freenode

SarahCoinBit: kapuutt: There is no insolvency

archminer: SarahCoinBit: what is your information source? Did Mark tell you there was no insolvency?

SarahCoinBit: archminer: Seniormanagement

ade72: SarahCoinBit: Are you able to give Mark feedback from us? Or is there no feedback for him because he is not interested?

SarahCoinBit: ade72: Mark and the whole team are always interested in feedback

adam3us: couple of questions: did mtgox lose any client bitcoins during the period when they were affected by the malleability related issue?

SarahCoinBit: adam3us: I can't answer that sorry, I can say your coins are safe

ade72: SarahCoinBit: Why can you say our coins are safe. Source?

SarahCoinBit: ade72: I work for Mt.Gox*

[13:07] <tolega1> More objective question. Will the system be open to withdraws in less than 30 days or longer?

[13:08] <@SarahCoinBit> tolega1: I can't answer that sorry, we don't have any timeframes

[13:10] <@SarahCoinBit> tolega1: Sorry it is most likely going to be less than that but i can't give you specifics without being 100% certain

[13:15] <@SarahCoinBit> lemonsnatch: I was told by senior management on 3rd Feburary that the bitcoins of customers are safe

<Someguy> is it true mtgox is advised not to make any announcements right now?
<SarahCoinBit> Not as far as i know. All of our public statements have to go through a strict legal process but that has been in place for over a year.

<SuSEno> SarahCoinBit: For those who asked about staff working, i can confirm that senior management are still at work in the (New temporary) Japan office <-- isn't it a Virtual Office??
<SarahCoinBit> SuSEno: No, the Japan office is physically an office. They had to move to a temporary one because staff felt unsafe
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:40:16 PM

Nice work OP, I wish more people would learn to read between the words, a lot can be learned from what is not said and which questions are avoided... it's quite obvious there's something majorly wrong when you can't answer extremely important financial questions that have a major impact on stock holders and customers' interests...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:12:57 PM

If we want to be super literal assholes about the title:

"Mt Gox CEO Confess to be bankrupt/insolvent" could be seen as a request to do so, not any sort of claim that he has done so.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

<SuSEno> SarahCoinBit: For those who asked about staff working, i can confirm that senior management are still at work in the (New temporary) Japan office <-- isn't it a Virtual Office??
<SarahCoinBit> SuSEno: No, the Japan office is physically an office. They had to move to a temporary one because staff felt unsafe

Make no mistake, they moved from one temporary office to another temporary office.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.315958005155280.72002.116777141740035&type=3
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:33:34 PM

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/MtGox

Holiday Discount to celebrate reaching 1 Million Customers and a new partnership with Mayzus FS

http://web.archive.org/web/20100516084425/http://mayzus.com/

Ilya Mayzus is a composer currently living in New York City. He is pursuing a Ph.D. in composition at CUNY Graduate Center. He is originally from Belarus, and immigrated to the U.S. in 1994. His past studies include St. Petersburg Conservatory, Columbia University, and Peabody Conservatory, where he completed master's degrees in composition and computer music composition. His composition teachers include Chris Theofanidis and David Del Tredici.

Bitcoins going to the stock exchange

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:24:32 PM

https://www.facebook.com/mayzus.english

With 92,086 likes, me thinks them goin' to have some 'plainin' to do as to why them have a vested interest in two competing Bitcoin exchanges.

<originally, fan/shit pic was sought, but...>
bananas (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:48:16 AM

NOW WHO WILL DARE TO SAY MY TITLE SUCKS?

MY TITLE IS AWESOME
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:00:14 AM

MY TITLE IS AWESOME

Yea it was a solid title, only trolls and noobs couldn't see it

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:32:07 AM

MY TITLE IS AWESOME

Ill say it ..you are awesome Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: