Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most likely a Scam  (Read 323 times)
dmc68a (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:45:20 AM

Found someone on Facebook who said he would do some trading for me. He says he is from England which Blockchain verified for me. He said that he needed to login to my blockchain so that he could link up his mining software to my account. Since I was curious and I did not put much into the account I figured that this is a scam, I just wanted to watch it play out.

Has anyone else encountered a similar scam? This dude dumped like 900 buck into my account, but it is all has a watch flag next to it under transactions. So, since I know that has to be to good to be true I am really interested to figure out where the catch is here.

Thanks for your feedback

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:52:34 AM

when he tries to get into your account, and if you have a balance in your account, he just wants to take it. on the pretext that he'll do a minning for your account, he's really very clever.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 3159

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:17:38 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 02:27:41 AM by odolvlobo

Don't be naive. It is obviously a scam. Nobody ever needs to log into your Blockchain account, except to remove money from it. If he asked to gain access to your credit card or bank account, would you let him?

By the way, he didn't put any money in your account. He is just following some addresses (that's what a "watch" address is). You cannot access the money at those addresses. He is probably trying to fool you into trusting him.

If you have anything in that account, remove it immediately, otherwise he will soon empty it for you. I would also remove all the personal or identifying information that it might contain, and then abandon it. You should consider it to be unsafe and completely compromised, forever.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:35:45 AM

Why would give it to that person, each and every personal information or identification that contains your blockchain is so important no matter what happen or how good the offer to you don't ever give your blockchain. If its kinda like a subscription thing that the person will link his/her mining mining software for you to pay monthly or weekly subscription, if ever you can create another account you should have give the newly created account instead your old or main account.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:48:54 AM

Never get fooled by those tactics for sure he just wanted to scam you.Good thing you are way too observant or else you end up lost everything.Scammers will do everything just to earn money.
Shadon24

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:51:32 AM

What happens is that they should happen? maybe it's a real project but it could be a fraudulent project so we should be careful and careful when we participate in the project.
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:53:41 AM

This has been circulating in Facebook for months already . Scam sh!t , these people clearly want to earn money the easiest way . Bunch of scumbags really. If its too good to be true then 99% of the time its a scam . Dont trust anyone online , i myself use fake info for these kind of people could use it against you .

A new account will be a good move. Give it to him . Hahah . I straight blocked one person who did the same to me , easy . You could do it yourself too . Goodluck .

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10433

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:58:17 AM

this is the 2018 version of the old Nigerian prince scam!
and the funny part is that they are using the lack of knowledge and understanding of the greedy newcomers about bitcoin to scam them.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1655

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:31:32 AM

Found someone on Facebook who said he would do some trading for me. He says he is from England which Blockchain verified for me. He said that he needed to login to my blockchain so that he could link up his mining software to my account. Since I was curious and I did not put much into the account I figured that this is a scam, I just wanted to watch it play out.

Has anyone else encountered a similar scam? This dude dumped like 900 buck into my account, but it is all has a watch flag next to it under transactions. So, since I know that has to be to good to be true I am really interested to figure out where the catch is here.

Thanks for your feedback

No but this is a scam, and please don't fall for the trap. This is just another variations of so many scams. You should report to Facebook and tell how this account is doing and tell them that it's really scamming people so that they may ban him/her for good. Good thing though that you ask this forum for advise otherwise its possible that you have lost your bitcoins by now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nealdlover

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:32:07 AM

Thanks for your feedback
It really is a scam. I advise you not to make any transaction outside the trading platform. There are many risks and scammers outside. If you want to deal with good prices, you can go to some black market sites to be able to buy or sell at good prices.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 3816

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:33:44 AM

He said that he needed to login to my blockchain so that he could link up his mining software to my account.

I mean, isn't it very obvious yet with that line itself? Since when did you ever need the login credentials for your wallet to receive BTC?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:43:16 AM

and the funny part is that they are using the lack of knowledge and understanding of the greedy newcomers about bitcoin to scam them.

the most leading scam victims are newcomers in the field of crypto investment that wants to gain profits from with it and become rich. Greedy people that who do not have knowledge are the mostly victim and I advised to the other, if you don't want to be a victim of a scam you should study first. Actually you don't need someone to trade for you, because you can do it by your own not  in other people.

karagun125

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 03:54:43 AM

In money matters, scam is always present. No doubt.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:02:40 AM

He said that he needed to login to my blockchain so that he could link up his mining software to my account.

I mean, isn't it very obvious yet with that line itself? Since when did you ever need the login credentials for your wallet to receive BTC?

I just can't comprehend his sense of reasoning because he needn't have to ask this in the first place because there is no free lunch dude! Why didn't you rather pay him to teach you how to trade ? Trying to find the easy way always is a sign of greed and laziness and the greedy are the most susceptible to scams like this.
munify

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:05:37 AM

Thanks for your feedback

Do not do it, if someone requests a login in your account, it is very risky and can take what you have.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:28:06 AM

Thanks for your feedback

Do not do it, if someone requests a login in your account, it is very risky and can take what you have.

It's obviously a scam just think it carefully, why do you need someone else, if you can study about in trading?  Mostly victim of a scam are beginners and I know you don't want to be like that.

the most leading scam victims are newcomers in the field of crypto investment that wants to gain profits from with it and become rich. Greedy people that who do not have knowledge are the mostly victim and I advised to the other, if you don't want to be a victim of a scam you should study first. Actually you don't need someone to trade for you, because you can do it by your own not  in other people.

Yes it's true you don't need someone to trade for you, just study about it.
pxo.011

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:38:43 AM

yeah they are all scammers if you can do trading why are you hiring a trader you take a risk with 20% of guarantee that your money is coming back that was very dangerous, you can do trading with your own dont pay them and hire them.
taisaoem1380
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:10:14 AM

Of course, the effect of these "missions" is far from the theory. Whether it's just a simple hack, a fraudulent ICO campaign, or a bug in software code, investors may lose billions of dollars. And total losses from these incidents, we have a staggering $ 490 million in 2017.
Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 05:15:27 AM

Definitely a scam! If someone need access to your account then that is very clear a scam. Don't get fooled by someone you don't even know in personal and only met at social medias. Scammers are everywhere so please be careful so that you won't lose your money that easily.
Supremacy2

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:33:00 AM

Thanks for your feedback

We have experienced different methods from scammers but this particular method is not new in CRYPTO world. After some time, any Bitcoin you send to that account will be withdraw to his personal one. Please, it's a scam
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: