Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:21:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NXT] Decentralized Asset Exchange Discussion Thread  (Read 31267 times)
italcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:34:14 PM

Send Test Nxt to 12770100660135072668

Ty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:50:32 PM

I tried but it says I don't have the funds... my account balance seems to be fixed for whatever I do. I've issued 8 or so assets so it should have reduced the balance on the  "overview" screen.

The transactions appears on the transactions page but the overview wallet balance doesn't change. Am I missing something?
swartzfeger

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:14:26 PM

Send Test Nxt to 12770100660135072668

Ty

Sent you 3000 (I'm running low!)
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:37:41 PM

Can i get some? at 17563576125615787674

TY!
swartzfeger

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:45:05 PM

Can i get some? at 17563576125615787674

TY!

Sent you a few.
coin5l1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:49:28 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 05:56:38 AM by coin5l1

Edit: put wrong address that was my normal address, this is testnet: 4739106916211421057
Missed a nights sleep, not on the ball :S
Vannicke

Activity: 95

That guy, you know, with the face

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:33:18 AM

I tried but it says I don't have the funds... my account balance seems to be fixed for whatever I do. I've issued 8 or so assets so it should have reduced the balance on the  "overview" screen.

The transactions appears on the transactions page but the overview wallet balance doesn't change. Am I missing something?

On the unlock screen the client currently needs you to manually click the update button for the amount in your account to update, have you done that?

The Satoshi Jar: 16t2BLGZyaMpGm3vzYWxucGz8g4bVotr1h
swartzfeger

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:44:47 AM

I feel bad for asking but can I have some?
I did have some back at client 5.3 but lost them, also I can't get 7.3 to download. It keeps giving me server error.

Sent you a few...
Zahlen

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:11:19 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 05:21:22 AM by Zahlen

@Anon136

I was thinking about crowdfunding some more. Instead of having it built into the protocol or done via service provider, it could be done via smart contract. e.g. Kickstarter-style could be done via:

1. The person(s) seeking funding create a holding account for contributed Nxt or other issued coins. The smart contract will act based on transactions to this account.

2. They publicize what they're offering, the reward tiers, the funding goal and the deadline.

3. Interested investors send nxt/coins to the holding account. (Maybe with an accompanying AM if they need to specify options)

4. Once the deadline is up:

a) If the funding goal is not reach, the smart contract will return all sent nxt/coins (minus transaction fees)

b) If the goal is met, it will issue and send out asset tokens to the investors. Different tokens, and # of tokens depending on which tier/options the investor bought into. And it will send all contributed nxt to the person(s) seeking funding.

5. The smart contract then automatically returns any further contributions for a set period of time, before expiring. (this is in case people mistakenly send funds after the deadline has passed. Or maybe account control could provide a way to prevent an account from receiving transactions)

Smart contracts could be easily customizable, so people can experiment with different types of crowdfunding models and choose what they prefer without having to go to different service providers.

Once account control is implemented, I wonder if smart contracts can automatically lock and unlock the holding account, without revealing the key to anyone? Without something like this, you'd still have to trust the people seeking the funds to not run off with them without issuing tokens, or some 3rd party to be in charge of the account.

Sent out nxt to the last few requesters, and a bunch to swartzfeger.

swartzfeger

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:49:53 AM

@Anon136

I was thinking about crowdfunding some more. Instead of having it built into the protocol or done via service provider, it could be done via smart contract. e.g. Kickstarter-style could be done via:

1. The person(s) seeking funding create a holding account for contributed Nxt or other issued coins. The smart contract will act based on transactions to this account.

2. They publicize what they're offering, the reward tiers, the funding goal and the deadline.

3. Interested investors send nxt/coins to the holding account. (Maybe with an accompanying AM if they need to specify options)

a) If the funding goal is not reach, the smart contract will return all sent nxt/coins (minus transaction fees)

b) If the goal is met, it will issue and send out asset tokens to the investors. Different tokens, and # of tokens depending on which tier/options the investor bought into. And it will send all contributed nxt to the person(s) seeking funding.

5. The smart contract then automatically returns any further contributions for a set period of time, before expiring. (this is in case people mistakenly send funds after the deadline has passed. Or maybe account control could provide a way to prevent an account from receiving transactions)

Smart contracts could be easily customizable, so people can experiment with different types of crowdfunding models and choose what they prefer without having to go to different service providers.

Once account control is implemented, I wonder if smart contracts can automatically lock and unlock the holding account, without revealing the key to anyone? Without something like this, you'd still have to trust the people seeking the funds to not run off with them without issuing tokens, or some 3rd party to be in charge of the account.

Wow, thank you! Cheesy

re: crowdfunding --

Let's say the goal is 10,000 NXT. What would be cool is to have a minimum (and maybe maximum) number of participants option as well. For cases where you would like to have a committee, board of directors, etc.

You've developed a new technique to fabricate synthetic unicorn hooves. 10k will grant 49% share of company; you want a minimum of three directors, no more than 6. You only sign up two other people for 11000 during funding period, so the project is shelved (temporarily).

Good? Bad? Flawed?
Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:51:39 AM

@Anon136

Would like this idea very much implemented  Smiley
MyZhre

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:25:49 AM

Need some testNxt please,

NXT: 13997163105778396158
Zahlen

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:46:13 AM

re: crowdfunding --

Let's say the goal is 10,000 NXT. What would be cool is to have a minimum (and maybe maximum) number of participants option as well. For cases where you would like to have a committee, board of directors, etc.

You've developed a new technique to fabricate synthetic unicorn hooves. 10k will grant 49% share of company; you want a minimum of three directors, no more than 6. You only sign up two other people for 11000 during funding period, so the project is shelved (temporarily).

Good? Bad? Flawed?

Dunno if the market will ultimately find that good, bad or flawed, but sounds easily doable through smart contracts. Asset tokens representing director/committee seats could be issued via smart contract, based on contribution. And if it's easily doable, you can bet that people will try it out and figure out whether it's good or bad, and how to improve its flaws. Wink

Would like this idea very much implemented  Smiley

I think there definitely will be people who will write smart contracts for this, it sounds easy enough. In fact, I think there will be people who will run websites which will allow you to design this kind of smart contract by choosing parameters (think of the "design your own bitcoin/litecoin clone" site).

Need some testNxt please,

10k sent. Buy Zahl!

chinabreak123

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:55:28 AM

waiting for this time
nxt is leader of coins

eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:41:35 AM

@Anon136

this is the key part here.

if we could do that with smart contracts than that would be ideal for sure. but if not than it would probably be nice to be able to have people issue signed transactions with conditions, such as this transaction can not be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain unless executed unless in conjunction with other signed transactions totalling a certain amount. the person operating the crowd funding could simply collect signed transactions and wait to publish them until he had enough and infact would only be able to publish them if he had enough.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MyZhre

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:42:26 AM

Issue asset, put bid/ask order, cancel bid/ask order, match bid order, seems all ok.

10k sent. Buy Zahl!

Yeah, now I have 1 Zahl!

NXT: 13997163105778396158
Zahlen

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:48:18 AM

if we could do that with smart contracts than that would be ideal for sure. but if not than it would probably be nice to be able to have people issue signed transactions with conditions, such as this transaction can not be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain unless executed unless in conjunction with other signed transactions totalling a certain amount. the person operating the crowd funding could simply collect signed transactions and wait to publish them until he had enough and infact would only be able to publish them if he had enough.

Sounds really specific for something in the protocol. In a more general form, that would be

"this transaction can not be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain unless executed unless in conjunction with other signed transactions which together satisfy a certain condition"

That condition could be total amount, or it could be total # of transactions that are > certain amount, as in swartzfeger's example of committee/director seats, or something else.

Varying another condition,

"this transaction can not (be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain or chained from or some other operation) unless executed unless in conjunction with other signed transactions which together satisfy a certain condition"

And you could vary other parts too. So what you'd really be after are scripted transactions.

My thinking is that whatever function you want a scripted transaction to be able to perform, could also be performed by a smart contract acting on a regular transaction. We just need the function as part of the lower lev/higher lev opcode, and part of what the protocol can do.

One difference is that in a scripted transaction, the script knows which transaction to act on (the one it's attached to), but a smart contract needs additional information to know which script to act on, e.g. on only txs sent to a specified account. I think processing/memory costs would be another (would all nodes in network have to execute every scripted transaction, like they have to do with smart contracts?)

Either way (or both ways), we need to ask what else we want scripts to be able to do.

An alternative way to handle the Kickstarter example is if account control allows accounts to be timelocked, and to do so transparently so that investors know how long it's timelocked for. So the holding account is created, then timelocked so that it is unlocked only after the crowdfund period has ended and the smart contract has stopped running. If the crowdfund failed, all nxt/coins would have been returned, so there's nothing a dishonest funding seeker could take.

EDIT: Also:

... this transaction can not be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain...

BCNext, found you! Grin

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:55:37 AM

BCNext, found you! Grin

This explains a lot...
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:59:37 AM

Hey you know, what ever gets the job done. Smart contracts sound awesome, but if for some reason that plan fails I hope that I offered a pretty reasonable and simple to implement alternative.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:02:28 AM

BCNext, found you! Grin

This explains a lot...

im really glad you read my post cfb. if worst comes to worse than it should offer a pretty simple way to do crowdfunding.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: