Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:21:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feasibility "Merit" on Bitcointalk.  (Read 510 times)
Saverenergy (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:49:14 AM

Hello everybody! I'm sure that many users are confronted with the problem of promoting their accounts in the rank system because of such a parameter as "Merit". Yes, on the one hand, its introduction will reduce the amount of useless flooding from users with a member rank and above, but beginners will post a flood as before in order to reach the rank of "Member." And then they will face "merit", however, like me. "Merit" is almost impossible to obtain. And that's what all the pain of new users is before the introduction of "Merit" - no one wants to share them, top ranks do not want to produce competitors, but newcomers simply can not share. It turns out a vicious circle. If this is done in order to stop trading accounts, then I think this is not possible. This only raises the price of top-level accounts. My conclusion, if you do not have any friends on the forum who are ready to help you, then you are unlikely to advance.
I do not know if this is legal, but maybe there is an opportunity to create a user assistance fund for those in need of "Merit"? Who has any thoughts on this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:07:22 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 12:11:23 PM by iasenko
Merited by redsn0w (5), Foxpup (2)

Well it's not a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game here. You cannot call a freind for help to give you some free merit you know. Well, technically you can but you gonna get a big fat RED tag, as soon as THEY find out about it.
So, back on the main topic, you are saying that you cannot rank up because of the merit.. well I need only 2 points now to get to Sr.Member , not that I care. It does't change anything for me, but to say that it is impossible to rank up, you are wrong, and I don't see any Lengedaries blocking the way up as some part of them are now merit sources. There are many good newbie examples around here who showed a lot of devotion to the forum.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1491

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:13:23 AM

Reported for shitposting on meta.

I don't care if they mark it as a bad report.

CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:16:10 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 11:37:55 AM by CryptoAssasin

Gaining merits is impossible for those people who are lazy to add some spices on their post and make it more presentable and understandable. I agree with iasenko, there are active legendary members here who are always providing merits to those who are deserving. Why don't you start creating a thread where newbies can start gaining knowledge? Be their teacher and you will be rewarded for sure.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 16482

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:17:46 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 12:12:23 PM by LoyceV
Merited by Foxpup (2), Vod (2)

"Merit" is almost impossible to obtain.
Merit was designed to stop spammers from ranking up, and it's working just fine.

At least wait for me to count how many times he's posted the words "facebook" and "twitter"!

In 1115 posts, Saverenergy has managed to use the word "twitter" 28,621 times and "facebook" 20,045 times. I hope this answers his question as to why he didn't get any Merit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1217

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:20:09 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Hello everybody! I'm sure that many users are confronted with the problem of promoting their accounts in the rank system because of such a parameter as "Merit".
Ranking in is not the same as "promoting". If people would rank up for spreading spam in the forum then where does the intellect go to? Thats why merit was introduced. To prevent the shitposters from ranking up.

Yes, on the one hand, its introduction will reduce the amount of useless flooding from users with a member rank and above, but beginners will post a flood as before in order to reach the rank of "Member."
Eventually they will get tired of spamming and will get so frustrated that they will leave the forum. Thats will indirectly decrease the spam in the forum.

And then they will face "merit", however, like me. "Merit" is almost impossible to obtain.
It is relative. If you dont like it, we didnt force you to stay in the forum. You are always free to leave the forum.

And that's what all the pain of new users is before the introduction of "Merit" - no one wants to share them, top ranks do not want to produce competitors, but newcomers simply can not share. It turns out a vicious circle.
If you are feeling frustated at "hunting merits" feel free to leave the forum.

If this is done in order to stop trading accounts, then I think this is not possible. This only raises the price of top-level accounts. My conclusion, if you do not have any friends on the forum who are ready to help you, then you are unlikely to advance.
If you make good quality posts and help people then you will gradually get merits from others. It will take time but it will happen in future.

I do not know if this is legal, but maybe there is an opportunity to create a user assistance fund for those in need of "Merit"? Who has any thoughts on this?
Get lost.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:29:12 AM

I think any suggestion/advice for OP is useless. So, I am off here. Good luck everyone

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Saverenergy (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:32:50 AM

"Merit" is almost impossible to obtain.
Merit was designed to stop spammers from ranking up, and it's working just fine.

At least wait for me to count how many times he's posted the words "facebook" and "twitter"!

In 1115 posts, Saverenergy has managed to use the word "twitter" 28,621 times and "facebook" 20,045 times. I hope this answers his question as to why he don't get any Merit.
Why are you so surprised by the number of words Facebook and Twitter in my posts? I'm just involved in bounty companies - these are reports.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:38:36 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 11:49:43 AM by mdayonliner

Why are you so surprised by the number of words Facebook and Twitter in my posts? I'm just involved in bounty companies - these are reports.
Do you expect people to merit you in your bounty reports? Sorry I was off but could not stop making this comment after seeing your last comment.

Some of the comments except the reports:

Of course, I understand why this is done, but it will really cause a lot of confusion. Especially among new users. It would be nice if the developers issue detailed instructions.
Reply in an ANN

I just love it! Yesterday Oyster took the tenth place in the vote for listing on Bibox, now we are in third place. Keep it up, Oyster!
Reply in another ANN

Today I read the news that there will be a listing of the PRL token on the BitForex exchange. This is just great news, because BitForex is in the TOP-20. Although everything can change overnight and it will become a top. For example, as it was done by Bit-Z and CoinBene.
Another ANN

Indeed, there have been a lot of good news about Bitcore lately, but this has absolutely no effect on the growth of value. Nevertheless, whales keep their coins in large quantities. I think the growth will be great, but not in the next six months or year.
ANOTHER ANN!

Today Limpo's tokens go against the entire market and are actively pumped around, unlike anything else. Perhaps this is due to the promotion of the Chinese market.
ANOTHER ANN! and now I am on your third page of the post history.

Am I not wasting my time here? I am seriously off now.

Update: Sorry for the off topic but I feel like I need to do it.
@iasenko congrats mate for your Sr. Member achievement. Well-done. May be an example for the OP.

Saverenergy (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:39:45 AM

Hello everybody! I'm sure that many users are confronted with the problem of promoting their accounts in the rank system because of such a parameter as "Merit".
Ranking in is not the same as "promoting". If people would rank up for spreading spam in the forum then where does the intellect go to? Thats why merit was introduced. To prevent the shitposters from ranking up.

Yes, on the one hand, its introduction will reduce the amount of useless flooding from users with a member rank and above, but beginners will post a flood as before in order to reach the rank of "Member."
Eventually they will get tired of spamming and will get so frustrated that they will leave the forum. Thats will indirectly decrease the spam in the forum.

And then they will face "merit", however, like me. "Merit" is almost impossible to obtain.
It is relative. If you dont like it, we didnt force you to stay in the forum. You are always free to leave the forum.

And that's what all the pain of new users is before the introduction of "Merit" - no one wants to share them, top ranks do not want to produce competitors, but newcomers simply can not share. It turns out a vicious circle.
If you are feeling frustated at "hunting merits" feel free to leave the forum.

If this is done in order to stop trading accounts, then I think this is not possible. This only raises the price of top-level accounts. My conclusion, if you do not have any friends on the forum who are ready to help you, then you are unlikely to advance.
If you make good quality posts and help people then you will gradually get merits from others. It will take time but it will happen in future.

Get lost.

I understand and accept your point of view. But I can not understand to accept your negative attitude towards me. I just expressed my point of view on the almost impossible (very difficult getting the merits). I really like this forum. But of course just throw out a person and tell him not to use, very easiest.
Saverenergy (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:44:47 AM

Do you expect people to merit you in your bounty reports? Sorry I was off but could not stop making this comment after seeing your last comment.

Some of the comments except the reports:

Of course, I understand why this is done, but it will really cause a lot of confusion. Especially among new users. It would be nice if the developers issue detailed instructions.
Reply in an ANN

I just love it! Yesterday Oyster took the tenth place in the vote for listing on Bibox, now we are in third place. Keep it up, Oyster!
Reply in another ANN

Today I read the news that there will be a listing of the PRL token on the BitForex exchange. This is just great news, because BitForex is in the TOP-20. Although everything can change overnight and it will become a top. For example, as it was done by Bit-Z and CoinBene.
Another ANN

Indeed, there have been a lot of good news about Bitcore lately, but this has absolutely no effect on the growth of value. Nevertheless, whales keep their coins in large quantities. I think the growth will be great, but not in the next six months or year.
ANOTHER ANN!

Today Limpo's tokens go against the entire market and are actively pumped around, unlike anything else. Perhaps this is due to the promotion of the Chinese market.
ANOTHER ANN! and now I am on your third page of the post history.

Am I not wasting my time here? I am seriously off now.
Are you serious about this ?! Do you think that I'm a fool and expect to get "Merit" for bounty reports? I wrote many other posts in other branches, but to no avail. The only option is to create new and useful topics for which you also hardly get merit. Thank you all for attention and "support", I did not expect such a flow of shit in my direction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 16482

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:47:25 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

In 1115 posts, Saverenergy has managed to use the word "twitter" 28,621 times and "facebook" 20,045 times. I hope this answers his question as to why he don't get any Merit.
I'm not surprised. But you're surprised nobody is meriting you for it. What you call "reports", I call "spam".

~ almost impossible (very difficult getting the merits).
That just means your posts aren't worth it, for which you can only blame yourself.

I wrote many other posts in other branches, but to no avail.
Please post a link to what you consider your best post. If I agree, I'll merit it.

I did not expect such a flow of shit in my direction.
That's because you didn't read other threads in Meta, you're not the first complaining about Merit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:53:20 AM

Please post a link to what you consider your best post. If I agree, I'll merit it.
I swear I will do too. I earned some sMerits in the last few hours. So, I can use one. @OP, you have your best opportunity here. Use it!
I doubt OP has one LOL

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:37:18 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Hello everybody! I'm sure that many users are confronted with the problem of promoting their accounts in the rank system because of such a parameter as "Merit". Yes, on the one hand, its introduction will reduce the amount of useless flooding from users with a member rank and above, but beginners will post a flood as before in order to reach the rank of "Member." And then they will face "merit", however, like me. "Merit" is almost impossible to obtain. And that's what all the pain of new users is before the introduction of "Merit" - no one wants to share them, top ranks do not want to produce competitors, but newcomers simply can not share. It turns out a vicious circle. If this is done in order to stop trading accounts, then I think this is not possible. This only raises the price of top-level accounts. My conclusion, if you do not have any friends on the forum who are ready to help you, then you are unlikely to advance.
So you are expecting merits to be given in your posts created in ANN thread ans Bounty Campaigns of ICOs? Looking at you post history your last 200 posts are almost made in ANN threads and bounty campaign which I myself don't see posts coming from there meritable. The one I highlighted you are basically saying that no one is giving merits but if you have look at the data provided by other members here in the Meta section you will see that Members and below are the ones receiving merits the most.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:54:07 AM

I may only be a Jr. member but I believe that the chance of me getting merits is way too low. I believe that it''s extremely hard to get one, especially if you're a newcomer.

However, I see the purpose of having a merit system. It does help reducing the number of spammers and shitposters by not giving them the ability to rank up, and I hope it's working well.

If you have friends in this forum who would be kind enough to share merits, that doesn't even work as it's unethical and technically illegal I believe. I know there are punishments for high-ranked users who share merits to newbie friends.

With that being said, whenever I'm in a thread, I see lots of users who have merits so it may seem hard for us to get merits, but it doesn't mean that it's impossible. On the creation of the user assistance fund, I believe you may have good intentions but again, others may abuse it, making the merit system pointless.

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 6791

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:01:36 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2), Jet Cash (1)

I understand and accept your point of view. But I can not understand to accept your negative attitude towards me.
It's because there are thousands of you here, polluting otherwise really good discussions with posts like the ones mdayonliner quoted.  Even if you improved your English significantly, there would still be the glaring problem of how generic your posts are.  There is absolutely no way in hell anyone is going to give you merit for that, because of those 1000s of clones all posting the same trash.

Did you really find it necessary to make yet another merit thread in Meta?  If you're honest, you'll admit that it was an attempt to get merits.  It's not happening, because what you're writing is not original or even well-written.  In fact, you risked getting on people's ignore lists that you'd probably wish you weren't on.  

Christ, even the title of this thread irks me because it makes no sense.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
crypto_legend

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:07:49 AM

yeah merit for now is almost impossible to achieve and accounts are being in red trust plus ban. The forum is well moderated since it has already establish a good rapport on some members that are flooding their comment just to get the required amount for the post. I think let us now try move on and change the forum for.the better. Let is all do KYC to avoid the flooding of messages.
seoincorporation
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2899

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:40:33 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

- no one wants to share them, top ranks do not want to produce competitors, but newcomers simply can not share.

You are so wrong. Many high ranked are every single day spending their precious time in looking for good posters to reward with merit. The problem is that you are not one of them.

It turns out a vicious circle. If this is done in order to stop trading accounts, then I think this is not possible. This only raises the price of top-level accounts. My conclusion, if you do not have any friends on the forum who are ready to help you, then you are unlikely to advance.
Again, not true. You don`t need to make friends in here, the only thing you need is to improve your posting activity.

Are you suggesting to create a fund to merit trading? Think about it twice.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2446

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 03:24:55 PM

I'm so fed up with people saying there is no merit to be awarded. So I've just given single merits to 5 posters in this thread.

Sorry MDay that you were not included. It's thse images - I've got my reputation to consider. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:15:35 PM

It's indeed hard to get merits but fortunately creating topics like this in "meta" won't help you anymore. I'm glad people here became indifferent to merit beggars and whinners.

Offtopic: Jet Cash, congrats on getting the Legendary status!

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: