Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin File selling site [Offer]  (Read 1210 times)
JoeyJo0 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2011, 04:06:01 PM

Ever wanted to sell certain things - Art packs? A little game you programmed? - but didn't want it to be released for free? I have.

That's why I thought of a site where you can upload files, set an amount of btc you want for that file and make it able to be downloaded by people. I know there are already sites like this, but they're down(afaik).

I have quite some skill in PHP and general website building so I'd like to make an offer.

I can program this idea, but I won't be able to execute it. I need cash for that, which I don't have.
So for anyone interested in this, I can program the site and sell a one-year license to you for a price which is to be discussed(but decided by me), or we could form a partnership and split the money we earn 50:50.

If you decide to buy it, understand that you're buying a one-year license to use the code as is. One week time is granted to point out any faults that arise in regular operation.

If you decide to form a partnership:
I code, you pay and maintain the server. The intellectual property of the site will be yours. Whenever I decide to stop coding, you retain the intellectual rights, on the condition that I will get a bonus of 5% of the total accumulated profit, which you will have to pay. Whenever you decide to stop with this project, I will obtain the rights and you will get a 5% bonus. You will not get the copyrights of the code.

You may, under NO circumstances, share the site code. Doing so will lead to legal proceedings.

Here are some bullet points on the workings of the site:
-A user can make an account and put files up for sale.
  -The user will be able to select the amount of BTC he/she requires for the file.
    -The cost of the file is raised by 1%, this goes to the site as commission costs(This is paid by the buyer!).
    -The money sent by the buyer will end up as credit put on the seller's account.
    -The seller can withdraw his money at any time without costs.
  -If suspected of copyright infringement, the seller's account will be frozen.
  -If suspected copyright infringement is certain, the seller's account will be shut down permanently.
    -An e-mail will be dispatched to him, telling him to take the credit off his account within 72 hours.
    -If the seller does not remove the credit within 72 hours, 50% of it will be claimed by the site and 50% will be sent to a charity.
-A user can deposit credit on his account.
  -Credits are bitcoins which are dedicated to the site, they can be transferred to and from any wallet without extra costs.
-A user can also not deposit credit to his account.
  -If the user buys something with non-deposited bitcoins, an extra 1% is charged over the actual price.
-If a buyer is found to violate the license of a bought product, his account will be frozen and the same rules will apply as those that apply to a seller infringing copyright.

You will have to supply your name and address, as well as your phone number. I will supply the same in return. If I am certain of false information, the whole agreement will be considered invalid.

If you decide to take any of the two actions, you are agreeing to the terms above as is, but which are subject to change. You are also agreeing that whenever there's a change, you're asked to agree with the changes. On a disagreement of these changes, the license will continue, but will be unable to be renewed unless you agree to the changes. In the case of a disagreement in the partnership, the matter will be discussed and any actions afterwards will have to be agreed upon unanimously. If we both agree that we will not come to an agreement, you will be forced out of the project but keep the intellectual rights, plus a 5% bonus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2011, 06:58:36 PM

is this the same as bitcoinservice.co.uk?
I would be interested in the code but not a one year license,

JoeyJo0 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 03:16:40 PM

is this the same as bitcoinservice.co.uk?
I would be interested in the code but not a one year license,

I might be able to sell you the code exclusively(WITH copyrights) but that would cost some more.

Is this what you mean?
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2011, 03:40:07 PM

I can program this idea, but I won't be able to execute it. I need cash for that, which I don't have.
So for anyone interested in this, I can program the site and sell a one-year license to you for a price which is to be discussed(but decided by me), or we could form a partnership and split the money we earn 50:50.

If you decide to buy it, understand that you're buying a one-year license to use the code as is. One week time is granted to point out any faults that arise in regular operation.

If you decide to form a partnership:
I code, you pay and maintain the server. The intellectual property of the site will be yours. Whenever I decide to stop coding, you retain the intellectual rights, on the condition that I will get a bonus of 5% of the total accumulated profit, which you will have to pay. Whenever you decide to stop with this project, I will obtain the rights and you will get a 5% bonus. You will not get the copyrights of the code.

You may, under NO circumstances, share the site code. Doing so will lead to legal proceedings.

You would do better if you released it as copyrighted but not with a time based license.  Sell it at a lower cost to more people (it still will not be too many) vs trying to get one or two people who deal with your terms.  Charge a nominal (disclosed up front) fee for updates after the first year if you continue developing.  The owner should be allowed to modify the code for their own purpose but not re-distribute. 

OR...

Put out a group bounty to open source the code.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: