Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:14:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 is NOT the year of bitcoin, sorry  (Read 19567 times)
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 03:22:46 PM

Well 2014 wasn't the year of Bitcoin (to the moon spike), that much is clear.

It was a year though price negative, where some good strides were made.  Paypal, Dell, Overstock, United Way, Wikipedia all good news stories and steps in the right direction.

Year 5 only for BTC, so understandably some growing pains with regards to Gox/Karpeles, Shrem, Ulbricht, Newsweek/Dorian.

It's definitely going to take some time for this technology, but hopefully Year 6 is much better price wise for the HODLERs out there.

Maybe year 6 is another bad year, but after that's it seems rock bottom. Then up we go Cheesy

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:25:29 PM

It was a year though price negative, where some good strides were made.  Paypal, Dell, Overstock, United Way, Wikipedia all good news stories and steps in the right direction.

Year 5 only for BTC, so understandably some growing pains with regards to Gox/Karpeles, Shrem, Ulbricht, Newsweek/Dorian.

It's definitely going to take some time for this technology, but hopefully Year 6 is much better price wise for the HODLERs out there.

Maybe year 6 is another bad year, but after that's it seems rock bottom. Then up we go Cheesy

Another year-long downtrend in 2015. That would be brutal. We'd touch double digits again. But we should all prepare for it. If bitcoin makes it to $10,000, it will just make for a better story for the grandkids.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

In a way price is directly correlated with bitcoin's success. If you want any kind of mass adoption and stability... the price will need to be much higher than it is now. When the # of bitcoin users goes from 5 million to 100 million and more, the price will be much higher and there will be less people who will have a chance of owning 1 whole bitcoin.

So when people say "lol price doesn't matter, I can still buy my coffee with bitcoin regardless of price" I cringe.

Still.... the negative news this year greatly outweighed the positives. The negatives were much louder and much more prevalent than relief over a couple of merchant adoption news here and there is not enough.

Merchant adoption is good and all... but I see this as something that will/should keep happening, hopefully at an accelerated rate as more infrastructure develops and as bitcoin becomes more popular. But it's not something to dance in the rain over... Dell and Newegg were good news and a step in the right direction for sure, Wikipedia just accepts it for donations and they hide it (so who cares)... but Netflix, Walmat, Target, Starbucks, Amazon would be even bigger than any of these.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 03:31:59 PM

Another year-long downtrend in 2015. That would be brutal. We'd touch double digits again. But we should all prepare for it. If bitcoin makes it to $10,000, it will just make for a better story for the grandkids.

I'd love for it to hit double digits again, buy so many BTC Cheesy

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
goldsun

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:31:01 AM

Still.... the negative news this year greatly outweighed the positives. The negatives were much louder and much more prevalent than relief over a couple of merchant adoption news here and there is not enough.

Merchant adoption is good and all... but I see this as something that will/should keep happening, hopefully at an accelerated rate as more infrastructure develops and as bitcoin becomes more popular. But it's not something to dance in the rain over... Dell and Newegg were good news and a step in the right direction for sure, Wikipedia just accepts it for donations and they hide it (so who cares)... but Netflix, Walmat, Target, Starbucks, Amazon would be even bigger than any of these.

So what do you think will happen in terms of the price in 2015? Will we see a uptrend?
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:05:22 PM

So what do you think will happen in terms of the price in 2015? Will we see a uptrend?

I'm more confident in 2015 than I was this year... I don't think we will continue to go on a downtrend and see the price go down to the 200s and below. We may move stagnant for most of the year though, not sure, but I do think there is potential for a sharp rise sometime in 2015. We may start seeing the fruits of all the developments and VC money going into the ecosystem via increased adoption/userbase. I am also hoping that the wallstreet ETF goes live this year which should be bullish for bitcoin. But keep in mind the ETF isn't guaranteed and I can't predict the damage that may come from all the random negatives, but hopefully nothing as damaging as MtCox will happen next year.

It's refreshing to see all the FUD and negative sentiment around bitcoin at the moment...it's times like this where I feel like good times are ahead. Last year at this time people were unrealistically bullish.

If 2015 is similar to 2014, I am still going to hold out until 2016 for block halving... I think we should at least see a higher price by then (more users, more vendors, wallstreet, less supply). If by the end of 2016 we are still sitting around $300-400 level or lower... then I will panic.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 06:08:45 PM

we're gonna be riding a shit storm all the way through the end of 2014.

Best way to kickstart a Year of FUD is with quotes like this.
Maybe he means a literal storm of shit? Like, a tornado hits a waste treatment plant and because a shitnadoTM, and then veers off toward the city?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:23:00 PM

I'm more confident in 2015 than I was this year...

Can't be much worse I suppose Cheesy
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:37:45 AM

2014 is the year for adoption.
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 10:54:15 AM

My theory for the big rise last year was the initial buzz of bitcoin alongside people "stocking up for christmas" at sites like silk road.  Now the hype has died down and the feds have busted silk road and all the replacement sites, no one is buying.  I was really expecting it to go up around now.  As i said in my very first post here, i will start buying coins once it gets back down to $10.  Sad

Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:13:57 PM

2014 is the year for adoption.

I feel like 2013 was also the year of adoption... it was the year bitcoin was all over the media, the awareness exponentially spiked and so did the # of wallets and addresses.

Is there data that shows that there was a higher rate of adoption in 2014 than 2013?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 10:20:16 PM

Is the price decrease we're experiencing right now just people cashing out for Christmas or just with the grander scheme of things?

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:25:45 PM

Is the price decrease we're experiencing right now just people cashing out for Christmas or just with the grander scheme of things?

When you see multi-thousand BTC sells on an exchange, ask yourself:  Who's the lucky girl getting the nice Christmas present?
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 10:58:00 PM

Didn't answer question but haha i got your point  Tongue

But But But..... What if there are multiple lucky girls?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 11:48:17 PM

Didn't answer question but haha i got your point  Tongue

But But But..... What if there are multiple lucky girls?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This many?

mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 12:24:57 AM

Didn't answer question but haha i got your point  Tongue

But But But..... What if there are multiple lucky girls?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This many?

haha lol oh myyyy

BTW, whenever I try to post an image from imgur, it always says invalid proxy. How do you fix that to where it shows up?

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:49:26 AM

^Hi, I don't know if it's the right way to do it, but I just

click on the pic when it finishes uploading=>a new page opens, with just the pic=>copy the text in the address bar.
Or
right-click on the pic=>choose "copy image URL" from the drop-down menu.

Whichever's easier.

Edit:  Also, try http://postimg.org/ , it's quick & foolproof.
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 12:56:45 AM

Okay gotcha thanks Cheesy

goldsun

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:07:12 PM

I'm more confident in 2015 than I was this year... I don't think we will continue to go on a downtrend and see the price go down to the 200s and below. We may move stagnant for most of the year though, not sure, but I do think there is potential for a sharp rise sometime in 2015. We may start seeing the fruits of all the developments and VC money going into the ecosystem via increased adoption/userbase. I am also hoping that the wallstreet ETF goes live this year which should be bullish for bitcoin. But keep in mind the ETF isn't guaranteed and I can't predict the damage that may come from all the random negatives, but hopefully nothing as damaging as MtCox will happen next year.

It's refreshing to see all the FUD and negative sentiment around bitcoin at the moment...it's times like this where I feel like good times are ahead. Last year at this time people were unrealistically bullish.

If 2015 is similar to 2014, I am still going to hold out until 2016 for block halving... I think we should at least see a higher price by then (more users, more vendors, wallstreet, less supply). If by the end of 2016 we are still sitting around $300-400 level or lower... then I will panic.

So 2015 will somewhat be better than this year for bitcoin. I am still amazed that the price don't rise this year that much. There is many merchants that accept bitcoin, and I think that the demand for bitcoins will grow with that, but it don't seem to be like that.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:03:46 PM

So 2015 will somewhat be better than this year for bitcoin. I am still amazed that the price don't rise this year that much. There is many merchants that accept bitcoin, and I think that the demand for bitcoins will grow with that, but it don't seem to be like that.

2014 was a consolidation year, most markets were going up but now Bitcoin is stronger than a year ago and more than ready for the next step.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: