Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:32:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Blockchain help eliminate the basic problems in the world?  (Read 510 times)
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 05:25:21 AM

Poverty, legal identity etc. are major concerns in the third-world countries. Data says one-third of children in the world still lack legal identity (sourced from Informationweek). Poverty and lack of food still kill thousands of people. Can Blockchain put an end to all this?

Blockchain cannot eliminate it as there are always ways for people who wanted to do illicit activities that has a contribution as to why there are more poor people or shall I say the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer. Blockchain can at least lessen it like when it comes to transparency, people can track the funds thereby reduction of fraud because some would not attempt to do it due to being tracked and caught in what they are doing.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:06:06 AM

Poverty, legal identity etc. are major concerns in the third-world countries. Data says one-third of children in the world still lack legal identity (sourced from Informationweek). Poverty and lack of food still kill thousands of people. Can Blockchain put an end to all this?

Blockchain is not magical system that can change anything instantly. But indeed blockchain is powerfull tool to create transparant system. If government using blockchain technology, government can save a lot cost and using it for another program like adding budget for poverty or education
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:43:06 PM

Blockchain cannot eliminate it as there are always ways for people who wanted to do illicit activities that has a contribution as to why there are more poor people or shall I say the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer. Blockchain can at least lessen it like when it comes to transparency, people can track the funds thereby reduction of fraud because some would not attempt to do it due to being tracked and caught in what they are doing.
Don’t you think you are expecting from blockchain technology, way too much? I mean blockchain is a wonderful technology introduced which can ease the working operations of many sector. Poverty, lack of food and identity are the issues which cannot be addressed by blockchain directly. You cannot expect blockchain to do the duty of government bodies also. These problems need attention of the government and the bodies framed for such purpose.
Bolivar_Tony

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:18:09 PM

I think not.  Blockchain can't help eliminate the basic problems in the world. I think Bitcoin only helps with billing issues. Make sure that Bitcoin payments are faster and more convenient

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:30:53 PM

I don't see identity as major concerns in the third world countries because there is hardly a database to have everyone details. The larger population is still outside the banking system, they don't have drivers license, they are not bothered about voting, they also don't care about government health care system, they also don't pay taxes. These are avenue where they could have identities and when that is absent, then there is no identity falsification or identity theft. The advanced country could be faced with all of that.

On the issue of poverty, this is a serious issue facing the third world countries and I don't see it being solved till the next century it can only be reduced to a level. How would blockchain then solve all of this, from the economic point of view, the liberation has started with individuals getting exposed to crypto currency and its embedded advantages they are able to change their economic conditions and immediate family. The identity solving issue would have to come from the way top of government because of the sensitivity of human data.
snaper14

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:56:01 PM

in my opinion this kind of problems don`t require a new technology but a change in the social behavior of people. As soon as we control greed and make empathy as a huge community those problems would be nothing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:15:16 PM

The main problem in the mentality of the nation and no blockchain (which just public register) or another system will help with it. As I remember from video on youtube, when the government tried to teach people in an 3rd world country to use a public restroom and even was paying for that, but people just continued doing it on streets.
Topcarey

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:20:48 AM

See "What the Blockchain Means for You," ------> https://medium.com/@julie_45376/blockchain-for-dummies-26fdf5de6dff
Blockchain is the new era technology. When the people need to exchange commodities barter system introduced. After that gold and silver took place and then paper money. Now people use cards for their daily purchasing and in the future blockchain will replace all these things. Digital money will take over the market and all other currencies will disappear from the market.
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:29:30 AM

Personally, i think the blockchain technology is the future.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:46:21 AM

In my own opinion, yes it is possible if government will allow their own people in the community to invest on cryptocurrency or run a mining hardware, in this way they can earn more income depending on the market.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:48:43 PM

I don't think so, blockchain technology can't put an end to these problems. Blockchain technology has been here for almost a decade and it does not affect the poorest of the people in the world. This technology had only made the rich, richer the way i see it. They all have the resources to manipulate things they want.
It will not. Some will still be poor, some will end up rich and the rich will still get richer.

What blockchain technology will do is to bring some advancement, cut out the third party stuffs, and probably help some people who are smart to find a way to adapt the technology like some companies are now doing, which I believe will help change some things but when it comes to government rule, centralization will still be the norm of the day whether blockchain is adopted or not, and we all know what that means and the only way is for each individual to break out from those shackles by themselves.
SunJAB

Activity: 406

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

in my opinion this kind of problems don`t require a new technology but a change in the social behavior of people. As soon as we control greed and make empathy as a huge community those problems would be nothing.
Blockchain technology is very effective and powerful in managing financial and monetary systems. The application of blockchain technology in internet-based workflows is wonderful, which I think countries in the world should apply to their country's management systems.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:17:12 PM

Blockchain is able to bring decnetralized to the community, which soon can be converted for bringing the power back to the people.
Nowdays, big companies are able to control the people with monopoly, they are able to control one section that usually causes the poor people to pay huge amounts of money just because they don't have any other place to get this specific service from.

Bitcoin is going to save a lot of money to the community and is going to save it from big companies and organizations that are just trying to use and hurt the community and make money on our back.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:49:39 PM

No, there is never going to be an end to anything like that, bitcoin will just offer a better environment for the economy to flourish that is all, but there is still going to be income inequality and poverty all over the world, you must understand that there is not an easy solution to those problems because if there was then we would have solved those issues centuries ago.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1848
Merit: 370

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:01:31 PM

What problem do you mean because here in the world a lot of problems and I think Blockchain will solve the problem in some areas but will not fix the problem as a whole, Blockchain is not a technology that can quickly fix all the problems there must be a stage that must be developed in time not a bit, is not a way out if problems can be solved only with money but must also be filled with more important terms than that, the problem will always exist in every economy that exists today, the great man is very indifferent in the condition of the disadvantaged population, the game always there.

Blockchain system can help people directly...It is a system or program to reduce the intermediaries and secure the data on file. Blockchain can not produce money for this people,  it can, some how protect the identity of the people on record. Recording one individual is done manually globally, then maybe if you have a better idea, you can always talk to the government people or any company for you better suggestion.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:52:48 AM

I really wonder on how can blockchain can help. At some point it may decrease but not eliminate poverty as we all know not all prople in these countries have an access to internet. It may give opportunities to some people.

What I'm thinking is that it may help people manage their time and financials. Time - with the help of blockchain we can easily manage to pay bills make to transactions, send money easily etc. Financials, what I mean to that is that not all of us even in U.S are unbanked and because of blockchain it will give us the power to be self banked and easily manage our money.

There are many arguments and opinions that we have on my mind but these are my share to you folks.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:35:19 AM

I dont think blockchain can help poverty, blockchain and  bitcoin were not created to solve poverty problem, but bitcoin could prevent and save people from poverty, but I think blockchain can solve a lot of legal identity, some countries already used blockchain technology to solve land owning problem, and in the future blockchain will help to solve more problem
kisscoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:00:25 AM

The richest countries in the face of a small group of oligarchs rule the state and they are not interested in taking care of or financially support their people! How blockchain can help these people is hard to imagine. To make the rich richer and the poor poorer..
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:49:19 AM

We cannot just simply say blockchain will just totally eradicate every concern we have always had but it will surely disrupt a lot of things from the way they have been done over the years which would then make it easy for the economy to grow,.

But we have to understand that depends on adoption of it by any country, how things are still being done since things would still want to be in the centralized manner when it comes to government, so the only way out that I see is when decentralization just take the space but we all know that is one thing that is hard to see happen.

Blockchain alone cannot do any magic but human innovation and enhancement based on requirements may bring big revolutions in this world. We may expect big changes to happen on how people save and spend in coming days which may lead to further developments in other industries and sectors.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:45:46 AM

I do not understand why blocking technology is not widely used.  How would she simplify the work.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: