Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer Z9 mini overclocked  (Read 26053 times)
Wasp0

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:15:45 AM

Just checked the Bitmain site, and they have reduced the cost of the Z9 and Z9 mini!!!!

Z9 down to $3091Ships late Sept

Z9 Mini down to $793 Ships late Sept

Wonder if they can't sell them?
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
htautosjay

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:54:54 AM

Just checked the Bitmain site, and they have reduced the cost of the Z9 and Z9 mini!!!!

I wouldn't rush into ant more Z9 Minis.. I think wait and see if the big boy will OC
htautosjay

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:02:11 AM

I wouldn't rush into ant more Z9 Minis.. I think wait and see if the big boy will OC
Just seen Bitmain yes... price dropping.. never a good sign.. the Z9 Mini's bet they will be $600 soon
Wasp0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:35:49 AM

Reading on tinterweb, it is locked to Balance as these Mini's are, but the Google workaround seems to be working on Big Bruv Z9. I have just placed an order for one. Ships late Sept.
Wasp0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:42:40 AM

Just seen Bitmain yes... price dropping.. never a good sign.. the Z9 Mini's bet they will be $600 soon

I am a bit stuck for which coin to mine... Looking for best returns consistently 
1 Autoswitch on MPH?
2 Zclassic on MPH?
3 Zec on Antpool?
4 Zen on Prohash? or MPH?
5 Zec on Slushpool?

I love the idea of auto switching, if you decide to go that way PLEASE PM me again with a idiots guide on how to...... (Like you did last time). Really very many thanks!
htautosjay

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:44:29 AM

Reading on tinterweb, it is locked to Balance as these Mini's are, but the Google workaround seems to be working on Big Bruv Z9. I have just placed an order for one. Ships late Sept.
What I know about the Z9 Biggie is. its like 4 mini's on one unit.. as we all know.. but the unknown is the power hook up.. i understand that the It has 6 Board connectors land 1x control the hash boards are linked in series to the boards below.. so we know that one PSU will power 2 x Z9 Mini's Overclocked.. but the unknown is can we hook up 2 PSU's to 1 x Z9 biggie? Overclocked as one PSU will not power 4 x overclocked machines
htautosjay

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:50:04 AM

I am a bit stuck for which coin to mine... Looking for best returns consistently 
1 Autoswitch on MPH?
2 Zclassic on MPH?
3 Zec on Antpool?
5 Zec on Slushpool?

I love the idea of auto switching, if you decide to go that way PLEASE PM me again with a idiots guide on how to...... (Like you did last time). Really very many thanks!
Autoswitch is easy to set up.. Just put 17023 after the colon : in the URL for MPH... and dont forget to set up your deposit wallets In each coin ZEN ZEC ZCL and set up workers in each Coin too and where you set up Hub workers in the main menu set Account's Default Job to Equihash
Wasp0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:50:17 AM

What I know about the Z9 Biggie is. its like 4 mini's on one unit.. as we all know.. but the unknown is the power hook up.. i understand that the It has 6 Board connectors land 1x control the hash boards are linked in series to the boards below.. so we know that one PSU will power 2 x Z9 Mini's Overclocked.. but the unknown is can we hook up 2 PSU's to 1 x Z9 biggie? Overclocked as one PSU will not power 4 x overclocked machines

for just over a $100 i invested in another PSU from Bitmain to power the Z9.
htautosjay

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:52:06 AM

That should do it.. just plug one PSU into one bank and the other in the other bank..

for just over a $100 i invested in another PSU from Bitmain to power the Z9.
That should do it.. just plug one PSU into one bank and the other in the other bank..
imine2

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:55:03 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 10:59:25 PM by imine2

is it possible to unplug 2 boards and start with only one board at a time?

that way you could try to find out what each board(PCB) can do?

Don't know if this could help somehow?
Its not advisable to plug powered connectors into yoiur boards , it can give them a spark that could pop something. text book start up is PSU off plug in boards and power up machine then plug in control board.. least i think  Roll Eyes that's how the Bitmain site says to do it.. i just personally plug all the connectors in then power up the PSU

Yes that's correct, i work in IT, and that is pretty much standard way to power any IT equipment. Thinking about it, it is pretty much standard to use ANY electrical equipment, but more so in any IT gear as the circuit boards are hypersensitive to voltage spikes/surges.

I was thinking like this:
1. No power connected from wall
2. plug in power to system board and ONLY one PCB.
3. If needed to be able to start with only one PCB than also remove communicationcords for other PCBs.
4. Plug IN powercord in wall and start z9 mini
5. check log how system communicate with that PCB
6. check how much its possible to OC that perticular PCB
7. ssh in and use command 'poweroff' (without the ' ' )
8. let it cool off for couple minutes perhaps
9. remove powercord from wall
10. repeat 1-9 with each PCB

11. repeat 1-9 but with 2 PCBs and check logs

I remember reading about Innosilicon A9 zmaster that when SSH'ing in as root if wanted to restart than type 'systemctl restart cgminer' (without the ' ' )

I do not know if this will give us any more useful info but this was what I was thinking!

It also seems that PCB 1 (chain 1) is the board that get least cooling compared to PCB 2 and 3 if I look at screenshots from other miners and my own z9 mini.

If guarantee voided its also possible to remove power from wall and switch place between PCB 1 and/or 2 and/or 3 and if curious do step 1-9 or whatever.

I only have one Z9 mini and its from batch 1.

I don't have enough knowhow to research this.
when I was poking around I got the feeling that maybe it's not cgminer but sgminer or a hybrid thats running.
Probably wrong about it and don't remember what it was that gave me that idea. (sorry!)
Don't want people putting in work going down the wrong path.
You should all presume that it's cgminer until someone with knowhow can confirm to all of us that it is something else Smiley

At least step 1-9 could be useful for thoose who owns several z9 mini's and already voided guarantee.

Than it would at least be possible to put together z9 mini's which could be OC'd to max and some z9 mini's left that could not be OC'd at all but perhaps run stable at factory settings or OC'd a little bit and having them run stable.

Instead of having almost every z9 mini being held back by one PCB that don't agree with higher clockspeed's.
That should help some of you with earning more money!

Hope this will help!

By the way I'm using MiningPoolHub on port 17023 for mining multialgo on Equihash.
I tried with ping against MPH from within Z9 mini when logged in.

ping europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com
gave me ip for europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com = 172.104.189.59

No difference if I use this:
172.104.189.59:17023
or this
europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023
as adress for Pool in settings.

Just telling you all my findings!

I'm also using MPH's auto-exchange and converting what I mine to Bitcoin about 75% of time and Litecoin 25%.

I'm also using Bitfi wallet because as far as I can tell they are using the blockchain as memory and that makes it very hard to hack. This will be my cold storage but it is online. I have not yet choosen wich wallet for my iphone.

Waiting for Hodlit to see if thats the solution for me.
Right now I Hoodl BTC and LTC.
A very slow process with my single z9 mini and my single 1080Ti.

(I'm using the heat pruduced by z9 mini for heating my indoor air.)

Donations:
Bitcoin (BTC): 1HY5ZvPvx3fx5iA5cQKjw9ZuArse2STuCb
Litecoin (LTC): LZPmxZdoe8ZNL8av5CkPPBEEBJVdoFQbS6
Zcash (ZEC): t1d35jvkzKcWybpCqojZmgDZkcFC7iBwe8w
Monero (XMR): 48gVGMbZsAD5xtbpEpBKTJiDz6uMrnkTxjMcJGGFtore7i7wckSqmvYKfPVGQGab6U9kK76nGa91fhL SDvPfK4bYKkJaXeW
Wasp0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:58:52 AM

Does anyone know, if we OC these miners, will Bitmain know if we have a blow out and claim under a warranty repair/replacement?

I presume that there is some logfile that cannot be deleted, and they ask for this to be sent to them for proof over being a naughty boy overclocker?
Wasp0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:42:28 AM

1 Autoswitch on MPH?
2 Zclassic on MPH?
3 Zec on Antpool?
5 Zec on Slushpool?

Autoswitch is easy to set up.. Just put 17023 after the colon : in the URL for MPH... and dont forget to set up your deposit wallets In each coin ZEN ZEC ZCL and set up workers in each Coin too and where you set up Hub workers in the main menu set Account's Default Job to Equihash

DOH! gonna need a complete idiots guide, just tried to follow your instructions and ended up mining nothing! Can you PM again with hand holding screen shots please. Huge Thanks, I might work in IT, but this is confusing the hell out of me Sad
imine2

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:23:47 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 11:00:16 PM by imine2

1 Autoswitch on MPH?
2 Zclassic on MPH?
3 Zec on Antpool?
5 Zec on Slushpool?

DOH! gonna need a complete idiots guide, just tried to follow your instructions and ended up mining nothing! Can you PM again with hand holding screen shots please. Huge Thanks, I might work in IT, but this is confusing the hell out of me Sad

1. Log in to MiningPoolHub
2. Left column choose the coin for which you want to put in your wallet/exchange adress like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Zcash, Zclassic, Zencash, ...
3. Left column choose 'wallet'
4. Under "POOL ACCOUNT DETAILS" put in your wallet/exchange adress and "AUTOMATIC PAYOUT THRESHOLD".
5. If using their Auto-exchange feature from what you mine to some other coin in the left column list then do as I did -
Step 1-4 for the coin YOU want to auto-exchange to!!!
6. Upper left column choose "Auto Exchange" and choose the coin YOU want to autoexchange to.

Donations:
Bitcoin (BTC): 1HY5ZvPvx3fx5iA5cQKjw9ZuArse2STuCb
Litecoin (LTC): LZPmxZdoe8ZNL8av5CkPPBEEBJVdoFQbS6
Zcash (ZEC): t1d35jvkzKcWybpCqojZmgDZkcFC7iBwe8w
Monero (XMR): 48gVGMbZsAD5xtbpEpBKTJiDz6uMrnkTxjMcJGGFtore7i7wckSqmvYKfPVGQGab6U9kK76nGa91fhL SDvPfK4bYKkJaXeW
Hitsxx

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:01:52 AM

Any package is overclocked. But this is not an easy decision.

https://ibb.co/m91BaK
https://ibb.co/dkAhhz
htautosjay

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:25:56 AM

https://ibb.co/m91BaK
https://ibb.co/dkAhhz
That's a lot of sols  Shocked good man there  Smiley
Have you just changed the value to 900 in the balanced edition software?.. i take it that is a batch 1 Z9 mini ?..
Cheers
Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:50:54 AM

Have you just changed the value to 900 in the balanced edition software?.. i take it that is a batch 1 Z9 mini ?..

Yes, it's Z9 mini, modified to overclock.
fabry1999

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:39:05 PM

Yes, it's Z9 mini, modified to overclock.

What kind of mods on Z9 mini to run at 900 ?

Fabrizio
Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 12:41:29 PM

The frequency is not difficult to change in the interface of the miner. But in order for these settings to work, you need to change the hardware.
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:06:09 PM

Ok, more info than those drops needed there. :-)

Those batch1 or something else?
How are you keeping temps that low?
Just 3 boards running?

My batch1s all slow down at anything > 750Mhz.

Do tell. What hardware modifications made?
I've no problem pulling these outta the factory chassis and modding...

-j

fabry1999

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:19:44 PM

The frequency is not difficult to change in the interface of the miner. But in order for these settings to work, you need to change the hardware.

yes I know, my question was about the hardware change and not how to set 900 on frequency.

Fabrizio
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: