Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:51:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer Z9 mini overclocked  (Read 26050 times)
Hitsxx

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 01:55:02 PM
Merited by efudd (1)

Those batch1 or something else?

It is possible to overclock any batch.

Do tell. What hardware modifications made?
I've no problem pulling these outta the factory chassis and modding...

yes I know, my question was about the hardware change and not how to set 900 on frequency.

https://ibb.co/dx6LkK

On the right is the original hash panel. Left - changed.

The bottom line is that the chips should get extra power.
Detailed step-by-step instructions from me will not be, as long as I make money on these changes. Excuse me. My message was for those professionals who work with electronics. These people know that this is possible and how.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:51:27 PM

yes I know, my question was about the hardware change and not how to set 900 on frequency.

Detailed step-by-step instructions from me will not be, as long as I make money on these changes. Excuse me. My message was for those professionals who work with electronics. These people know that this is possible and how.

I see -- thank you. Did you make any cooling changes? That is my current limitation of knowledge -- thermodynamics is more of a challenge than the electronics aspect. I'm trying to simultaneously optimize cooling on basically 24 Z9 minis.

-j

Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 03:25:20 PM

I see -- thank you. Did you make any cooling changes? That is my current limitation of knowledge -- thermodynamics is more of a challenge than the electronics aspect. I'm trying to simultaneously optimize cooling on basically 24 Z9 minis.

At these capacities, cooling optimization is not required. And there is no good possibility. In the initial system, the optimization depends on the ratio of the area of ​​the crystal and the volume of the surface of the radiator.

But we will experiment with liquid cooling and increase the speed to 25 kSol (or higher).
htautosjay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:32:07 PM

At these capacities, cooling optimization is not required. And there is no good possibility. In the initial system, the optimization depends on the ratio of the area of ​​the crystal and the volume of the surface of the radiator.

But we will experiment with liquid cooling and increase the speed to 25 kSol (or higher).
Can you do the same to batch 2 Z9 Mini's ? 20 sols?
Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 03:35:36 PM

Of course we can. But there is a problem - the devices must come to us.
htautosjay

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:42:10 PM

Of course we can. But there is a problem - the devices must come to us.
Where are you located
what is the cost per unit?.
And what is the turnaround time?.
Thanks
Wasp0

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:46:16 PM

Any package is overclocked. But this is not an easy decision.

https://ibb.co/m91BaK
https://ibb.co/dkAhhz

That is a great OC Hitsxx, wish i had the skill/Knowledge to undertake that kind of up grade. you do this as a business??
Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 04:28:47 PM

Where are you located
Thanks

Send to PM.
htautosjay

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:09:53 PM

Where are you located
Thanks

Send to PM.
Thank you for your price quotation for the upgrading the Z9's Mini's.. but that price is too much in my humble opinion.  plus this is a sharing forum where we share and help each other out for free where possible as a community.
Good luck with your venture.
Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:26:49 PM

Thank you for your price quotation for the upgrading the Z9's Mini's.. but that price is too much in my humble opinion.  plus this is a sharing forum where we share and help each other out for free where possible as a community.
Good luck with your venture.

Price - the concept is very conditional. This is justified at a time when it is beneficial to both parties.
About the forum - completely agree with you, with one exception. Here people help each other to earn money (here 90% of participants do not play the game, but discuss ways to earn money). And my proposal is not so different. I help to earn you, and you to me. All is correct - an honest exchange. Smiley
Sebahl

Activity: 146
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:28:38 PM

Is all that is needed to achieve this is add the 4 components? (For which there are already pads)?
Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:35:03 PM

Is all that is needed to achieve this is add the 4 components? (For which there are already pads)?

Of course not. The installation of visible components in the photo is only part of the necessary work.
ezeiza

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:57:00 PM

https://ibb.co/dx6LkK

What is the price
Hitsxx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:33:45 PM

Unfortunately, at the moment I am limited to the rules of the forum on the number of responses to private messages. If you need a quick reply, write an e-mail.
william618

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:25:35 PM

I need some help I flashed the firmware of my second batch and I want to restore it.. how to do? On the bitmain website there is only the may version... I think that the old version gives some issues with the batch 2 ...
elgoog

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:49:15 PM

I need some help I flashed the firmware of my second batch and I want to restore it.. how to do? On the bitmain website there is only the may version... I think that the old version gives some issues with the batch 2 ...

I installed the old one simply to 2nd batch which had Aug version of firmware.
and it works well and Freq can be changed correctly.
grinbuck

Activity: 68
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 09:20:49 AM
Merited by not.you (3)

Price - the concept is very conditional. This is justified at a time when it is beneficial to both parties.
About the forum - completely agree with you, with one exception. Here people help each other to earn money (here 90% of participants do not play the game, but discuss ways to earn money). And my proposal is not so different. I help to earn you, and you to me. All is correct - an honest exchange. Smiley

Ship to a newbie? Thanks but no thanks. No way I'd ship to anyone but a community vetted long term member even if @Hitsxx did it for free. Happy with my puny 15.5 Mh/s. Besides, it's just a matter of time before one of the more knowledgeable, experienced and long term (not to mention generous and community oriented) members in this forum post details of the mod anyways. If it even works stably - which is just a claim at this point in time. A couple pictures is all that @Hitsxx has to prove it.

BTC: 37x5L8wq3pRxjDof6g2CnwgSrt34C5cFHy
htautosjay

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:30:17 AM

Ship to a newbie? Thanks but no thanks. No way I'd ship to anyone but a community vetted long term member even if @Hitsxx did it for free. Happy with my puny 15.5 Mh/s. Besides, it's just a matter of time before one of the more knowledgeable, experienced and long term (not to mention generous and community oriented) members in this forum post details of the mod anyways. If it even works stably - which is just a claim at this point in time. A couple pictures is all that @Hitsxx has to prove it.
Agreed, my thoughts exactly  Smiley We will get there by ourselves as a community, we sort and fix everything together  Cool
imine2

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:48:13 AM

What issues Huh

Tried factory reset???
htautosjay

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:37:43 AM

What issues Huh

Tried factory reset???

The may version is completely fine on batch 2, i have loaded all my batch 2 machines with batch 1 FW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: