Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2018, 09:17:37 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer Marcus Lin WeiJian  (Read 94 times)
Probablylikely

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:54:17 AM

I am posting this on behalf of the victim, Jac, who is a Malaysian.
On the 4th of July, 2018, Jac was offered by the deceiver, WeiJian Lin, Marcus (it is now addressed as “Marcus”) through telegram (his telegram ID @Distil) to Jac's telegram ID @jacleong to offer an opportunity to buy OSRS gold (virtual game instrument) from someone (It is now addressed as Seller) in game forum (www.sythe.org) and to sell the same quantity of OSRS gold to another “Buyer” who intends to buy higher for the intention to gain profit on this buy sell and share the profit equally between me and Marcus. The deal was proceeded and the money was paid to a “Middleman” who is the escrow party between the Buyer and Seller to protect both parties. All deals communication were handled by Marcus and the payment was directed by him to pay into the Middleman’s Bitcoin wallet address 3KdnxVEbgHNzdfAYMwzN9Jc57gWJEsdfwz for two separate transactions of 0.06745669 BTC worth of USD438 and 0.03458929 BTC worth of USD224, totalling 0.10204598 BTC worth of USD662, which is equivalent to the amount of SGD900.

Upon payments were made from Jac's wallet to the Middleman, Marcus informed that he has received the OSRS gold for the quantities of 1 Billion (at the purchase cost at USD0.000662 or SGD 0.0009) and he will be selling the same 1 Billion quantities to the Buyer who was waiting for the deal.

Unfortunately, he created many stories by then and until now, the said 1 Billion OSRS has yet to be sold and he is unable to prove to Jac that he made the purchase and he was unable to transfer the ownership of the said gold to Jac.

Several investigations have been performed to contact the Seller, Buyer and Middleman and they all informed Jac that they have never gotten into any deals with Marcus. Marcus was asked to explain this matter and he denied the claims from Seller, Buyer and Middleman were not true. He then screenshot to Jac, the balance of the 1 Billion OSRS gold to prove he has bought. Unfortunately, upon checking and investigated, the screenshot was altered with fake image to proof his claim.

Marcus'elder brother is aware of his younger brother scamming activities yet he closes one eye to this matter.
Please kindly take note of and beware of this scammer!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make a difference with your Ether.
Donate Ether for the greater good.
SPRING.WETRUST.IO
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slow death

Activity: 952
Merit: 613

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:28:29 PM

Who is Marcus Lin WeiJian? he has an account here in the forum?

Scam Report Format (Use it to make scam reports properly)

If @Lin WeiJian does not have an account here in the forum, how do you expect any member of DT to do anything? because the only thing we can do is leave negative feedback, but the supposed scammer has no account here in the forum, how would we leave negative feedback?

Probablylikely

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:51:02 PM

Who is Marcus Lin WeiJian? he has an account here in the forum?

Scam Report Format (Use it to make scam reports properly)

If @Lin WeiJian does not have an account here in the forum, how do you expect any member of DT to do anything? because the only thing we can do is leave negative feedback, but the supposed scammer has no account here in the forum, how would we leave negative feedback?

Thanks for the advise, I'm not too sure if he has an account over here tho. I created this post aim is to warn those who happened to do trading with him at the moment.
MarcusLin

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:40:05 AM

Heya Marcus Lin here. Few things to note about his accusations against me. I did play runescape before and last i check, gold pricing is 70 us cents not 0.00 whatever he claimed per million. Secondly i only found out about this after my brother told me about this guy going around saying that i scammed him and my brother told me to Ignore him after I showed him that I was on MC on date and time of accused crime/scam. My MC is from a government institute and has timing stated as well. If I was at the institute, how can I be the scammer? Nonetheless this person has harassed multiple of my brothers Friend in pursuit of this scammer and my Brother has since told me to ignore this and this has caused a lot of embarrassment for me. I may be taking counter actions against this . Btw I also checked your so called wallet and it only shows one transaction of 0.05 or 0.005 btc, probably from yourself to yourself. Cause it makes no sense if you bought 1b gold and it costed you only 0.05 btc when it should be around double that and you claim two transactions.

If I’m allowed to post my mobile number, the accuser may contact me and we can resolve this at a local police station. Thanks.
Probablylikely

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:04:12 AM

Heya Marcus Lin here. Few things to note about his accusations against me. I did play runescape before and last i check, gold pricing is 70 us cents not 0.00 whatever he claimed per million. Secondly i only found out about this after my brother told me about this guy going around saying that i scammed him and my brother told me to Ignore him after I showed him that I was on MC on date and time of accused crime/scam. My MC is from a government institute and has timing stated as well. If I was at the institute, how can I be the scammer? Nonetheless this person has harassed multiple of my brothers Friend in pursuit of this scammer and my Brother has since told me to ignore this and this has caused a lot of embarrassment for me. I may be taking counter actions against this . Btw I also checked your so called wallet and it only shows one transaction of 0.05 or 0.005 btc, probably from yourself to yourself. Cause it makes no sense if you bought 1b gold and it costed you only 0.05 btc when it should be around double that and you claim two transactions.

If I’m allowed to post my mobile number, the accuser may contact me and we can resolve this at a local police station. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, i will get Jac to clear the misunderstanding that both of you might have.
MarcusLin

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:12:38 AM

Do you have any means by which I can contact you?
Probablylikely

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:07:11 AM

Do you have any means by which I can contact you?
You can contact me thru telegram @furlicious
MarcusLin

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:50:03 AM

I do not have a telegram. You nay ask Jac himself to contact me via fb or whatsapp or through my brother as i want to verify jac himself. I saw on sythe forum upon googling my full name that he does have my facebook so he can talk to me there. I do not want him to hide thru third prty (you) as it is very fishy that why cant he post himself
Probablylikely

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:57:27 AM

I do not have a telegram. You nay ask Jac himself to contact me via fb or whatsapp or through my brother as i want to verify jac himself. I saw on sythe forum upon googling my full name that he does have my facebook so he can talk to me there. I do not want him to hide thru third prty (you) as it is very fishy that why cant he post himself
He claimed that your telegram and Skype account were both deleted an hour later after he has contacted your brother.
Anyway he is probably on his way to Singapore as the police authority has requested him over for further investigation. If you want, you can contact him directly to resolve this matter. Thanks
MarcusLin

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:07:36 AM

You know this Jac, I don’t know this Jac, how do you suppose I contact him directly when I don’t even know who he is?
friendis

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:18:34 PM

Feel so sorry to TS. Good luck.
friendis

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:59:29 AM

I dream about people I don't know. Last night I had a dream that I had to talk to someone which was related to detective.

TS please PM me so I can talk to jac or tell jac to PM me here.
jac2

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:14:21 AM

I am here now to reply the whole story. Thank you Probablylikely for helping to post up the incident while I was heading to Singapore.

You know this Jac, I don’t know this Jac, how do you suppose I contact him directly when I don’t even know who he is?

If you never know me, how could you used your OCBC bank account to pay me several times.

Bank: OCBC Singapore
Account type: Frank Account (An account for youth age 16 to 26)
Account number: 582-358107-001
Account holder: Lin WeiJian, Marcus

Please provide this explanation before proceed to the next. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.