Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A small misunderstanding about Bitcoin  (Read 237 times)
Puppy01 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:04:16 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Recently, i saw on a web page the timeline of Bitcoin. The first point was: '2009. January 3: The first 50 bitcoins are mined by Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonymous inventor of bitcoin.'
Now, my question is: Is this wrong or Bitcoins can really be mined? Or are the blocks the ones that are mined (solving the mathemathical problems (hash))?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:45:28 PM

Recently, i saw on a web page the timeline of Bitcoin. The first point was: '2009. January 3: The first 50 bitcoins are mined by Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonymous inventor of bitcoin.'
Now, my question is: Is this wrong or Bitcoins can really be mined? Or are the blocks the ones that are mined (solving the mathemathical problems (hash))?

There really is no difference. Mining a block = mining Bitcoin. It is valid to both say that Satoshi mined Bitcoin or Satoshi mined the Block. They both produce the same result: newly minted Bitcoin. I think the webpage likely just said that the first 50 Bitcoin were mined to keep it simple. It's easier for the laymen to understand. When you start talking about blocks and solving hashes it starts getting technical.
nitrocryptonitro

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:20:22 PM

Of course you're right.
It's just that the website you're talking about tries only to make things simple. But in fact, it's a case of misuse of language.
If you want to learn more on "why miners don't mine BitCoin, they mine blocks instead", I invite you to read that good thread on the subject:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4565838
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:35:51 PM

People started their adventure with bitcoin from mining it, after that it has developed to investing or trading but the first one was mining and it doesn't matter if we name it mining bitcoin or mining a block.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 06:42:05 PM

I gave this guy a couple of merits for asking the question, and nobody has really addressed the topic. I think it is an important distinction as Bitcoin becomes a store of wealth, and the cost of releasing individual Bitcoins from the initial pool becomes a factor in asset valuations.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Webark

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:51:04 AM

www.Cryptonix.co.uk

As mentioned above mining = solving equations. More information on Mining, wallets etc is available at the above site.  If your new and just starting to learn the basics before entering the market to invest the site is perfect for you. Plus allot of other valuable information to help on your journey..

Best Wishes

logitechwow

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:14:27 PM

He was the first to launch a Bitcoin mining system, this is normal.
Mining block, this is bitcoin mining.
Same.
Although they already answered it, but I decided to reply again
Chiko.fun

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:00:32 PM

Bitcoin is the use of a computer system to solve the algorithm in return for a certain amount of bitcoin. Digging bitcoins is becoming more and more familiar to everyone, but to do this we need to spend a great deal of capital to invest in machinery, which can be very costly.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:59:43 AM

Actually blocks are mined  or in other words they are solved.  Solving a block triggers a transactions known as Coinbase transaction. Earlier solving the block (in 2009) triggers Coinbase transaction  that gave rewards of 50 bitcoin.
Block rewards are getting halves on every four year, so it become 25 in 2012, 12.5 in 2016  and next block halving will be done on 2020.

I think you should should read this book.

https://github.com/bitcoinbook/bitcoinbook

I am alive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: