Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:34:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] - QUIO.IO, fake team and project  (Read 509 times)
Hellmouth42 (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 345

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:33:22 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 03:37:29 AM by Hellmouth42

The Quio Ann Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4601585.0
The Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4606450.0
The website: https://quio.io/

The team pretends to have raised 2 million in pre-sale (but does not give sources to verify)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4601585.msg41597919#msg41597919

And, about the team...

My first messages:

Guys, please explain: On their Linkedin profile, Jennifer Hartmann and Steven Yuen (you "CEO" by the way), does not mention the Quio project
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferdalehartmann/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-yuen/

Concerning The 2 other team member, the linkedin seem not work..
And, you're...4 in the team?  Huh

Let's speak of your "media coverage": the links point to your home page (press release-ception  Grin)
A coverage not really strong..

2 millions during pre-sale...really?

5 minutes of verification...really need to go further?

lol...the "Chistopher Mortensen" Instagram (aka "cryptaniac") is illustrated by the picture profile  of Steven (the CEO, love his boss!!)
https://www.instagram.com/cryptaniac/

Are you guys serious?, ok to be a scammer but a a little professionalism, please  Cheesy

Great to propose your github! (many projects do not)
but... yours is FOUR DAYS old!

https://github.com/quioico/quio/commits/master

In summary:

- an empty content project, filled with buzz words
- A fake team (apparently or you have a serious problem to fix with your webmaster)
- broken or wrong links to the right information
- A white paper that you make disappear when embarrassing questions appear
- "media coverage" that does not exist
- unverifiable information
- A 4-day old github

Answer quickly to these few fundamental problems in this thread or you will do it in the "scam" section of the forum

And the "team" answer:

Greetings once more!

I will try and answer them to the best of my ability.
"empty content project" - is more of a statement than a question  - but I'll accept that one.
"A fake team" - Our Team is not fake - we do not claim to be a good team - and of course we are more than 4 people - but yes - still a team.
We currently have 11 applications of new freelance developers wanting to join our team lined up.
"A white paper that you make disappear when embarrassing questions appear" - answered above!
"Broken or wrong links to the right information" - everything is a work in progress! We'll get on that today!
"media coverage that does not exist" - It does - sort of - what we are trying to figure out - as we have reached our, in this case, soft cap - well before any public attention was given to us. Through sheer 12 hours a day labour and a wholedamn making love over the phone.
As we've already mapped out - that we can procede - well on scedule - as we are without an ICO we'd find it very, very counterproductive to invest a big portion of those funds in a large scale media marketing campaign - without having a working prototype.

To say it one more time - but in a more professional setting.
This might be a bit unusual - we were ready for backlash. Every project a couple "Kids" - or "Fakes" -  work on is going to be infested with tremendous mistakes.
We are nothing more than that - Kids - who live, breathe and bleed Crypto. This product is going to be released. Either way.
We are not claiming that we are a highly polished 9-5 cubicle-esque company - which to be honest I wished we were now.

So I have made a list - of all short-comings - and all mistakes - and all problems.
I will bring them into our afternoon meeting - and go from there.

But not now as it's lunch time in estonia.
And we love lunch.

This answer summarizes the project: a lot of emptiness and a few jokes
I directly solicited Steven Yuen and Jennifer Hartmann, I would update the thread if they answer me

Little Bonus:
the "Steven Yuen" Twitter: https://twitter.com/quioico ("•Alcoholic • Consultant • #Crypto-Enthusiast • Branding Expert • QUIO Marketing VP • Smarter than a 5th grader")
Talk about the Quio.io project since....5 days!
And before that, promoted ETHERC, ZEBI, BANKKCOIN and other revolutionary projects...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quioio
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:56:56 PM

Greetings Hellmouth - once more!

I have forwarded this to the Team!
Please keep in mind - that me and my colleague hold paid ANN&Bounty management positions - and are in no direct affiliation to Qoin.
And that it pains me too - to not be able to speak out completely truthful.
But this is what I leave here - I have had hangout conversations with almost every member of the team.
I understand, that there is a fine line between a scam ICO - and a very badly run ICO - but the people - they do indeed exist.

But those are just my two cents!
Hellmouth42 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:23:03 PM

Perfect,
would it be possible to get substantive answers?
You say you talked with the team, very good news: did you talk with Jennifer Hartmann and Steven Yuen? (they seem to be important team members, right?)

Hellmouth42 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:32:05 PM

Youre "are in no direct affiliation to Qoin"

This answer you gave me on the Ann thread (the one where I can no longer intervene) looks like a answer written by a very busy team member

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4601585.msg41622085#msg41622085
Through sheer 12 hours a day labour and a wholedamn making love over the phone.
As we've already mapped out - that we can procede - well on scedule - as we are without an ICO we'd find it very, very counterproductive to invest a big portion of those funds in a large scale media marketing campaign - without having a working prototype.

To say it one more time - but in a more professional setting.
This might be a bit unusual - we were ready for backlash. Every project a couple "Kids" - or "Fakes" -  work on is going to be infested with tremendous mistakes.
We are nothing more than that - Kids - who live, breathe and bleed Crypto. This product is going to be released. Either way.
We are not claiming that we are a highly polished 9-5 cubicle-esque company - which to be honest I wished we were now.

So I have made a list - of all short-comings - and all mistakes - and all problems.
I will bring them into our afternoon meeting - and go from there.

But not now as it's lunch time in estonia.
And we love lunch.

quioio
Copper Member

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:37:20 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 05:48:50 PM by quioio

Perfect,
would it be possible to get substantive answers?
You say you talked with the team, very good news: did you talk with Jennifer Hartmann and Steven Yuen? (they seem to be important team members, right?)

Sure!
I have not talked to either Jennifer nor Steven for more than 15 minutes.
I have had numerous conversations via e-mail though.
Even though that doesnt mean much!

Youre "are in no direct affiliation to Qoin"

This answer you gave me on the Ann thread (the one where I can no longer intervene) looks like a answer written by a very busy team member

I hope I do not have to explain that - managers are made to represent the respective project in any way shape or form - as we get direct orders - an answer might not only look like it has been written by a very busy team member - but almost always is.
Please do not start questioning my identity - but if you do - you are welcome to contact me on hangout.
Shoot my a DM!

EDIT:
Just got the go for the statement - the decision will be made public on the 7th. of July at 15:00 on all offical social channels.
I will be answering my fair share of messages - and then head off for the day!
If there's any more questions - feel free to post them here - I'll check in once in a blue-moon and try my best to answer them!

Hellmouth42 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:48:16 PM

On your website, nothing works (press articles are not found, social profiles are improbable, the team is a problem, I don't summarize what I already said)
So you talked to Jennifer and Steven?
I sent them a Linkedin invitation 2 hours ago, if they have time that they accept me in their network (it is the minimum in our field!)
On this unique condition, and if both confirm to me that they are actually working on your ICO, we can discuss.
In the meantime, your arguments are not solid at all and you never answer on the background of the problems.

quioio
Copper Member

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:55:17 PM

On your website, nothing works (press articles are not found, social profiles are improbable, the team is a problem, I don't summarize what I already said)
So you talked to Jennifer and Steven?
I sent them a Linkedin invitation 2 hours ago, if they have time that they accept me in their network (it is the minimum in our field!)
On this unique condition, and if both confirm to me that they are actually working on your ICO, we can discuss.
In the meantime, your arguments are not solid at all and you never answer on the background of the problems.

Send me your LinkedIn Profile - and I'll forward it.
I am sorry my arguments dont seem solid - and that I cannot answer to your satisfaction.
Anyway - as I want to leave on a positive note - I am indeed glad that we can - hopefully - wipe out suspicion and doubts in a respectful manner!
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:22:44 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 07:44:32 PM by marlboroza

They use stock images on website:

Look at second picture https://medium.com/the-mission/25-business-trends-for-roi-in-2018-and-beyond-9227031f5a3f

Does this lady look like lady from linkedin:

I guess not.

At her linkedin profile it says "Managing Director - Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley"

This is linking her http://www.morganstanleyfa.com/jennifer_hartmann/story.htm with Morgan Stanley and also this https://www.morganstanley.com/blog/women/jennifer-hartmann/ and you will find contact number and email.

1)
@quioio is there any particular reason why announcement topic is closed and bounty is ongoing?

2)
Any funds raised prior to our 9th of July official Sale - were sheerly raised in fiat.
Domain Information
Domain:
quio.io
Registrar:
NameCheap, Inc
Registration Date:
2018-06-28
Expiration Date:
2019-06-28
Updated Date:
2018-06-28
clientTransferProhibited
serverTransferProhibited
Name Servers:
aida.ns.cloudflare.com
peyton.ns.cloudflare.com

You raised $2,000,000 in 6 days?

Why is price in ethereum and why collected funds are in ethereum?

3)
"A fake team" - Our Team is not fake - we do not claim to be a good team - and of course we are more than 4 people - but yes - still a team.

How "Managing Director - Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley" is not already a good team?

Who are team members? Where can we find them?

4)
Hahaha! We're just having fun! Cryptaniac is not Chris's Account - we all use it for all kinds of shenanigans.
It certainly looks so.

5)
It is correct - that Steven works at Essence - and holds the CEO position of a company called Qoin Global OÜ in estonia under which Qoin employs many freelance developers.

https://companyregister.kompany.com/
http://www.rik.ee/en/search/node/Qoin%20Global%20O%C3%9C

Where is Qoin Global OÜ company registered at?
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:14:34 AM

Not 'Probably' dude. They are a literal scam. Remember XCOV? I translated their website into my language and when I looked at this QUIO.IO Project's Website, it surprised me to see that the whole website looks alike xcov.com.

Stop scamming people. You posted fake profiles again? Don't you think somebody wouldn't notice? The bounty campaign should also be closed not just the ANN. Smiley Thank you for this. We can really be stopped being scammed by these people. tss.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:27:07 AM

That website looks like is done by a 5 year old. Took 30 seconds to realize that.
Like literally, people are nowadays giving away money to 5 year olds! Roll Eyes

Good job OP on being skeptic and letting us know. These fucking scammers deserve to get down as soon as possible.

They forgot to change the image of two different persons as well. LMAO!

Hellmouth42 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:15:50 AM

Not 'Probably' dude. They are a literal scam. Remember XCOV? I translated their website into my language and when I looked at this QUIO.IO Project's Website, it surprised me to see that the whole website looks alike xcov.com.

Stop scamming people. You posted fake profiles again? Don't you think somebody wouldn't notice? The bounty campaign should also be closed not just the ANN. Smiley Thank you for this. We can really be stopped being scammed by these people. tss.

Wtf? Xcov ICO was a scam!

ok: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4467496.new#new

20 hours of translation for nothing...

BTCITA187

Activity: 1176
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:03:59 PM

Wtf? Xcov ICO was a scam!

ok: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4467496.new#new

20 hours of translation for nothing...
Such a mess.Sorry for that man. Well sometimes that's happening. But anyway thanks for your job and thank you guys that you're sharing with people. People should know more about Scam. I saw a lot of investigations recently and that's great that people fight with scam. This is great move when managers of these scam projects will be painted red. Maybe other managers will check more carefully.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:19:06 PM

It's most likely a scam.

The so called "team" gives off a completely unprofessional feel to it, with the fact that it's confirmed they use stock photos in order to fill up their team with somewhat legitimate names, as well as probably faking their pre-sale income in order to attract more investors in the ICO phase means that they are extremely shady at best.

"A fake team" - Our Team is not fake - we do not claim to be a good team

They literally admit that they are not competent here, and yet still claims that $2 million of investments have come in the pre-sale phase. Nothing is right about this project.

Smiley
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:04:52 AM

The twitter page https://twitter.com/quioico is now gone. Oh well, can this really be just another scamming project?
ezelom

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:00:59 PM

The twitter page https://twitter.com/quioico is now gone.
And Telegram too.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 02:53:53 AM

Look like 2018 is fake team year for ICO  Grin . Where ever see scam, maximum there is fake team involved. Fake team means fake picture of team. Some one behind of it. We can't tell that there if fake team. There is team, and original but they are original scammer. They just use some stock image from web and stolen money. I guess that some how one group making fool us. Continuously they are making fake ICO and stolen money. I have no idea how it will prevent.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BTCITA187

Activity: 1176
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:51:50 AM

Look like 2018 is fake team year for ICO  Grin . Where ever see scam, maximum there is fake team involved. Fake team means fake picture of team. Some one behind of it. We can't tell that there if fake team. There is team, and original but they are original scammer. They just use some stock image from web and stolen money. I guess that some how one group making fool us. Continuously they are making fake ICO and stolen money. I have no idea how it will prevent.
Well scammers realised that there are a lot of money in ICO and 0 responsibility they came to ICO. A lot of scam projects using fake images, fake persons like Denaro scam and other. But now I see how community fight with them. Here on btt you can see a lot of thread about scam ICO. Now people using some programs and services that provide you to check image does it fake or real person? Does it photoshop or not. So we are in the beginning in that way, but I see some progress here. I hope soon we'll see much more less scam ICO with fake persons
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: