Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: <resolved>  (Read 217 times)
Pearls Before Swine (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:34:22 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 02:13:47 AM by Pearls Before Swine

resolved, thank you notaek. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 06:29:32 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 06:40:54 PM by notaek

It's clearly stated in the campaign (http://archive.is/E0U27#selection-789.0-793.1) that the conversion rates will be calculated as per the rates mentioned during payout: http://preev.com/btc/usd/source:localbitcoins

Its already a known fact that preev rates for LocalBitcoins has a 10-11% increase compared to all other markets.
Click on these two links and you'll know what I implied by that:

1. http://preev.com/btc/usd/source:bitfinex - Preev rates based on Bitfinex
2. http://preev.com/btc/usd/source:localbitcoins - Preev rates based on LocalBitcoins

Someone please school me if preev somehow jumped to $7403.  I will gladly retract this scam accusation if this turns out to be true, but if it is I'm not sure how I missed it.

Preev doesn't have a rate chart/rate history to look into.

***Also note that the higher price is nowhere near $7403***

That's the screenshot (https://imgur.com/a/xuxzu4f) I took it as a reference, when you PMed me about your dissatisfaction.

I have no intention over scamming few pennies here. It's the decision of owners regarding fixing the rates that resulted in such accusations. If all the participants are unsatisfied with the rate I'll be happy to send the remaining bucks from my pocket as a compensation based on the current preev rate. Just PM me for that.

Pearls Before Swine (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

Preev doesn't have a rate chart/rate history to look into.
Understood.  That's why I'm claiming this was taken advantage of.  I saw preev within about two hours from when the payment came in, and I'm pretty sure that the price did not spike up to over $7400 at that time.
I'll be happy to send the remaining bucks from my pocket as a compensation based on the current preev rate. Just PM me for that.
We've already discussed that by PM, and you asked for my BTC address, to which I replied that it's in the spreadsheet.  The amount scammed is something like $3, and I'm not concerned about that so much as this project and its campaign manager being blatantly dishonest.

I'd like to hear from some other members who participated in this campaign, but I doubt they'll risk being blacklisted for speaking out.  Even if that wasn't an actual possibility I have no doubt that some fear it.
naturerock

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:46:19 PM
Merited by notaek (2)

Grow up, your acting like a crying child over a few dollars. You could of made more money than that if you didn't waste everyone's time making this tantrum thread.
Pearls Before Swine (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:48:52 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 08:00:38 PM by Pearls Before Swine

Grow up, your acting like a crying child over a few dollars. You could of made more money than that if you didn't waste everyone's time making this tantrum thread.
Does this thread sound like an emotional tantrum?  Why should a project get away with picking their own exchange rate and having the campaign manager accept this and not pay the campaigners what they signed up for?  The amount of money involved is trivial.  This is not about that.  It's about dishonesty.  

If you feel comfortable getting scammed in a petty way like this, you get what you deserve.  Shit like this ought to be called out.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 10:40:08 PM
Merited by tidus1097 (3), DarkStar_ (2)

Does this thread sound like an emotional tantrum?

Yes, its your tantrum. Participants aren't entitled to have exceptional rules when the campaign follows certain rules throughout.

Why should a project get away with picking their own exchange rate and having the campaign manager accept this and not pay the campaigners what they signed up for?

It's called terms of a contract. I have clearly stated the terms here: http://archive.is/E0U27#selection-789.0-793.1
Read that again if you haven't.

My management fees was also based on the same USD pegged value (which was $100) and I received $96 in BTC at the end of the campaign. Did I complain like you? I was already aware of the fact that I would get much less with that rate, as Nibyx dev already stated me the terms.

The amount of money involved is trivial.  This is not about that.  It's about dishonesty.

There's nothing about dishonesty here. I have clearly stated the link from the beginning of the campaign. Those who agreed to the terms went ahead and applied, those who didn't, moved on. If I had remained silent about the exchange rate and not mentioned anywhere about it until the very end then I would have been dishonest here. But that's never happened.

Seems like you didn't read the thread fully before applying.

If you feel comfortable getting scammed in a petty way like this, you get what you deserve.  Shit like this ought to be called out.

There's nothing to call out for. It's your temper tantrum. Eveything is as transparent as light here.

Anyways, as I stated earlier, if any participants are unsatisfied with the rate feel free to contact me without fearing of getting blacklisted or whatever OP was thinking.

tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:08:44 AM

Does this thread sound like an emotional tantrum?  Why should a project get away with picking their own exchange rate and having the campaign manager accept this and not pay the campaigners what they signed up for?  The amount of money involved is trivial.  This is not about that.  It's about dishonesty.  

If you feel comfortable getting scammed in a petty way like this, you get what you deserve.  Shit like this ought to be called out.

Lol. You are just salty, dude. Man up bud!

Everyone uses Preev and its localbitcoin rates are high. I as a trader use that rate all the time whenever I short Bitcoin. The other party happily accepts my offer too. There is nothing wrong in it. Noteak already said that in his thread too. So why all the fuss?

Pearls Before Swine (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:35:14 AM

So let us recap this.  The project developer nicked a few dollars off of everyone in this campaign based on an imaginary preev rate.  No one has argued that preev was anywhere near $7403 at the time payments were made.  Campaign manager is ok with this.  Community calls the whistleblower a tantrum thrower. 

Yep.  This is why everyone here gets scammed.  You just keep taking it and taking it and asking for more.  Well I'm asking for something different.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:50:24 AM
Merited by notaek (2)

So let us recap this.  The project developer nicked a few dollars off of everyone in this campaign based on an imaginary preev rate.  No one has argued that preev was anywhere near $7403 at the time payments were made.  Campaign manager is ok with this.  Community calls the whistleblower a tantrum thrower.  

Yep.  This is why everyone here gets scammed.  You just keep taking it and taking it and asking for more.  Well I'm asking for something different.

Preev rate is not imaginary. Just saying. Roll Eyes Whistleblower? LMAO. That is called "witch hunting".

Right now preev rate is at 7037, coinmarketcap shows 6635.48, Bitfinex's BTCUSD pair shows 6571.3, Bitcoin ticker widget shows 6567.78, so if you want to buy Bitcoin now which rate will you choose and what will you reply to the seller if seller tells you he will only sell you his coins at 7037?
Get the point here? Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: