Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way/method to buy bitcoins using paypal?  (Read 5389 times)
Get.BTC.Now

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

★☆★ dont let others hurt your sk

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 01:58:58 PM

Localbitcoin is far worse compared to Virwox. Ive been using Virwox in my gambling days.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:06:17 PM

The way to buy bitcoins using paypal is virvox. You could place
an advert on localbitcoins, but I think it isn't advantageous using
paypal...

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
BJay87

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

*Bitcoin Betting*

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:44:48 AM

There is a way sir. You can google it. I think one way is thru localbitcoin. I tried purchasing btcs thru paypal before.

leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:38:44 PM

The way to buy bitcoins using paypal is virvox. You could place
an advert on localbitcoins, but I think it isn't advantageous using
paypal...

The only real way to buy bitcoin via paypal anymore is via virvox. If you try to buy bitcoin via LBC it is likely that no one will accept your offer as it would be extremely risks for the seller of bitcoin.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
toothpick

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:27:32 AM

I sell bitcoins for PayPal. PM me for details if you are interested.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:33:14 AM

"PayPal has announced it will start accepting Bitcoin..."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708.msg8750525#msg8750525
I would doubt that paypal would allow users to sell their US balance in their paypal account for bitcoin and then withdraw it. This would be counter to their consumer protections and would make it more difficult for them to recover any money from a scam transaction

indoboycoiner

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:17:56 PM

You can google it..
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 11:57:13 AM

One thing to take note of is that if you using paypal to deposit money in virwox account and then buy btc via SSL codes, then withdraw btc wherever, you'll lose quite a bit due to the fees from transferring from multiple sites. If you're looking for an easy way to donate in this way paypal sounds nice. But if you want to get more bang for your money you should probably do it using only coinbase.

leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:06:54 AM

One thing to take note of is that if you using paypal to deposit money in virwox account and then buy btc via SSL codes, then withdraw btc wherever, you'll lose quite a bit due to the fees from transferring from multiple sites. If you're looking for an easy way to donate in this way paypal sounds nice. But if you want to get more bang for your money you should probably do it using only coinbase.
Coinbase does not accept paypal, therefore it would not be what the OP is looking for. You are correct to say that using virwox is a very expensive way to buy bitcon (as are other ways to buy bitcoin with paypal) however this is the reflection that accepting paypal is very risky and is one measure as to the additional cost consumers pay when paying via credit cards

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
uvdmnte

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:10:57 AM

I used to sell bitcoins for payment by paypal before on Localbitcoins but stopped cos its ridiculous!..got chargeback claims up to 2 months later and even when i responded to paypal and submitted proof of transaction they totally ignored it and proceeded with the chargeback! From what I see..as long as it concerns bitcoins paypal doesn't give seller protection. But to answer your question..yeah you can try localbitcoins as there are a lot of ads selling btc with payment by paypal.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:27:35 AM

I used to sell bitcoins for payment by paypal before on Localbitcoins but stopped cos its ridiculous!..got chargeback claims up to 2 months later and even when i responded to paypal and submitted proof of transaction they totally ignored it and proceeded with the chargeback! From what I see..as long as it concerns bitcoins paypal doesn't give seller protection. But to answer your question..yeah you can try localbitcoins as there are a lot of ads selling btc with payment by paypal.

That is a case that should be easily won in court.  Not just against the buyer, but also against paypal.   If you did the right thing you should be able to connect the dots, and the blockchain will be your best witness.   If you did it outside of paypal's rules, but you know that the buyer received the money, you will still win against the buyer. 

uvdmnte

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:19:52 PM

That is a case that should be easily won in court.  Not just against the buyer, but also against paypal.   If you did the right thing you should be able to connect the dots, and the blockchain will be your best witness.   If you did it outside of paypal's rules, but you know that the buyer received the money, you will still win against the buyer. 

Which court do u think I should file the case at? The total amount I lost cos of chargeback is $1200+..To bring paypal to court for that amount do u know how much I'd have to spend? Not forgetting the hassle involved. And what would my case be? If u don't mind me saying...I really think u don know what the situation is but thanks for the advice anyway.
TradersWay.JC

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:51:18 PM

It isn't PayPal's problem -- it is yours. Why should PayPal have to eat the $1,200 loss when you didn't do your due diligence and dealt with a customer who scammed you? You will lose your case, so it will cost you even more money to pursue it.

As a Forex Brokerage, it is something we see all the time. We have many people scam us with chargebacks of $3000 or even a little bit more. All the time. It is the nature of dealing with sleazy people over the internet. And we can't do anything about it! If we stopped offering credit card deposits then we would lose ten times as many honest customers because we have eliminated their most convenient payment method.

You took a risk and got screwed. Best thing to do is learn from it and be happy it wasn't $20,000 or more. For $1,200 it isn't worth it -- financially nor emotionally.

Trader's Way - Forex & Binary Options Trading, Accepts Bitcoin - US Traders Accepted Smiley
Get a 100% Deposit Bonus when you sign up with us. Free VPS with deposits above $1000
mllenios

Activity: 154

PAMINTA 101

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:18:59 AM

Any problem on transacting paypal?

Turnkey

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:19:51 PM

Buying bitcoin via paypal is way harden than selling it. You can sell it on localbitcoins easily as many reputed buyers of bitcoin paying through paypal.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: