Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:59:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Makes any sense to buy now?  (Read 4576 times)
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:31:27 AM

Yea I believe it will crash soon, and then return back to a lower mean and then slowly raise.

Unless a whale takes action or there is some huge change in news etc

Yup

At which level do you expect bitcoin to drop to?

Around 450-550, Gox to 50$.

Will stay like that for a while, unless we get very very good news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:39:08 AM

OMFG

They even made a site to trade goxBTC Smiley))

https://bitcoinbuilder.com/

Space for rent if its still trending
DrBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:01:28 AM

I think we are in a bubble. I think there is going to be a huge crash soon (1-2months), with 1BTC = $100 USD.

The media will proclaim that Bitcoin is over.

Then...slowly, the price will begin to drift up...and we'll look back and say "Bitcoin is back!" "Bit coin rises from the ashes!" At this point, the real adoption will begin and Bitcoin will stabilize.

So right now, I'm HODLING, and I'm poised waiting for the Bitcoin Black Monday.

(This is just my gut feeling. NO ONE...I don't care if they're Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet knows whether Bitcoin is going to go up, down, sideways or in fucking circles. Least of all people on this forum!)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:29:32 AM

Around 450-550, Gox to 50$.

Will stay like that for a while, unless we get very very good news.

This seems a very good estimate to me.  Fundamental value is about 640, but sentiment is very negative.  Remember, however, that fundamental value is trending up, doubling roughly every 100 days presently, so the undervaluation is unlikely to persist for very long.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:38:40 AM

I think we are in a bubble. I think there is going to be a huge crash soon (1-2months), with 1BTC = $100 USD.

The media will proclaim that Bitcoin is over.

Then...slowly, the price will begin to drift up...and we'll look back and say "Bitcoin is back!" "Bit coin rises from the ashes!" At this point, the real adoption will begin and Bitcoin will stabilize.

So right now, I'm HODLING, and I'm poised waiting for the Bitcoin Black Monday.

(This is just my gut feeling. NO ONE...I don't care if they're Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet knows whether Bitcoin is going to go up, down, sideways or in fucking circles. Least of all people on this forum!)

I agree with your last comment. Bitcoin is a rather unknown investment in it's nature right now. No one does know... Everyone has their own theories but no one will know for sure until the time comes. It isn't like a company with a future plan and set goals which should propose a good investment. Everything is and will be up in the air at least for a little while.

Edit: But that isn't to say that Bitcoin is a bad investment. It can be more considered a risky investment more-or-less.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:41:57 AM

But that isn't to say that Bitcoin is a bad investment. It can be more considered a risky investment more-or-less.

Risk is often taken as synonymous with volatility, in finance.  BTC is certainly volatile.  However, a predictably large proportion of that volatility is derived from massive upward moves.   For that reason, I deem it a good investment.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 08:33:32 AM

I think we are in a bubble. I think there is going to be a huge crash soon (1-2months), with 1BTC = $100

So right now, I'm HODLING, and I'm poised waiting for the Bitcoin Black Monday
So why you don't shotr now and buy back in 2 months?
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:02:14 AM

I think we are in a bubble. I think there is going to be a huge crash soon (1-2months), with 1BTC = $100

So right now, I'm HODLING, and I'm poised waiting for the Bitcoin Black Monday
So why you don't shotr now and buy back in 2 months?

If you could afford it, invest a little, don't go crazy.

For those who are PM how im spread .   I like cover every possible angel, to prevent major losses. (I sold 90% of my BTC back on early December, and keeper the FIAT)

What I have:

I have  10 BTC in Holding value at current rate around $6.5k USD.   This is Plan B, this is to protect me just in case it Goes UP. (if it goes down, I would loose on Plan B)

Then I have,

5 BTC and $6950 USD in FIAT inside my Favorite market BTC-e.

And Finally,

I have  25 BTC inside Coinbase, just in case if I need to Dump because its High or Low.
troy112

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:26:14 AM

Best time if you have some extra cash. But you would need to wait a bit for price to get higher, because bitcoin is still influencing from Mt. Gox's problems.
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:19:42 PM

I have  25 BTC inside Coinbase, just in case if I need to Dump because its High or Low.

Wouldn't that have risks within itself? Not a trading risk; a risk of loss of investment due to technology mishaps? ("hacking")?

Web Developer. PM for details.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

This all depends on how long you can tie up your funds for.   If you don't need the money back for 6months+, or even better 1-3 years, then it is probably a great time to buy.   If you are just looking to turn a quick profit, then it is probably better to sit on the sidelines for the next few weeks to see how things develop.  Yes, you may end up having to buy in at an even higher price, but I think the likelihood of picking up some coins in the $500s is pretty decent.  Short term, I could see it dipping even more, but over the long term, I am confident that the prices will go back up. 
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:28:12 PM

Wouldn't that have risks within itself? Not a trading risk; a risk of loss of investment due to technology mishaps? ("hacking")?

When I first started, I think I held all my BTC at coinbase and didn't have any problems.   Mainly because I didn't know any different, because I did not have anyone to teach me what to do.   As I read and learned more, i spread the coins to different spots, and sent some to BTC-E to trade.

You can tell just by the way he speaks of it, that 25BTC (while still a good amount of money), isn't life altering for him, so he is using as a hedge in case he needs to quickly sell some off.
evansearle42

Activity: 366

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:28:19 AM

Buy now or never, its going to shoot up to 1000$ when mtgox..
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:55:28 AM

I bought today and plan on holding for a pretty long time. I'm very bullish long run on btc. I've been around long enough to know bitcoin has gone through way too much shit and rebounded from all of it for it NOT to be taken seriously.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

I bought today and plan on holding for a pretty long time. I'm very bullish long run on btc. I've been around long enough to know bitcoin has gone through way too much shit and rebounded from all of it for it NOT to be taken seriously.

If you are in it for the long haul, you almost certainly bought in cheaply today Smiley
vehementchrome

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:17:05 AM

If you are in it for the long haul, you almost certainly bought in cheaply today Smiley
In consideration for long term, I would say that buying into btc now is cheap. So, I agree with you. But as to whether or not the price is going to dip further within the week, its possible it might.

Devtome | Spelunky Guide
BTC: 1FPKfkTUTBir2rnBnWhjPdzGrcerz11P4R
DVC: 17WNPSjjBxQF7gkQiFNe1yoZ1DaSgztM7K
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:21:48 AM

In consideration for long term, I would say that buying into btc now is cheap. So, I agree with you. But as to whether or not the price is going to dip further within the week, its possible it might.

Yes, I agree with you, short term you may see a little dip, or maybe even a big dip, but if you don't need immediate access to the cash then it's obviously ok. You can always load up on a few more if the price drops again significantly, and you will break even when the price rebounds back to original price
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:49:34 AM

If you haven't bought any bitcoins at this point, I'd suggest you start buying while they're still cheap and hodl on. Most of us are in it for the long haul. Short-term fluctuations do not bother me. The most important thing is to accumulate as many coins as you possibly can as there is only a fixed number available for everyone in the world.
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:26:42 AM

..while the price is down? No idea who to listen to. I'm confused, pls help.
Risk is big but without risk no expect big gains.
dowsey14

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:57:03 AM

It could hit $250-300, but not much lower.

Some say it could hit $10...but I doubt it could go that low.

At $250/BTC a 10BTC buy would be something to consider, just not now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: