Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Look at the last merges, devs are already fixing the malleability problem  (Read 3903 times)
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:36:38 AM

And after all this,

can someone tell me why .... the dev team hasn't fixed it immediately?

If for no other reason than fixing the bad press?

It astounds me how slow the bitcoin dev team seems to be.  I could wrong about this, but a lot of uninformed people considered this weeks events a sign that BTC needs some fixing.

Dontcha think it might behoove us to fix the problem, just so someone can publish that it was fixed, and show how flexible and resilient Bitcoin is when something is found wrong?

Are they seriously going to do absolutely nothing to actually fix the problem?

Probably testing the fix. A lot of money is at stake so they can't roll out a half arsed piece of software.

Indeed. The fear would be rushing a fix and introducing a new bug that is worse than the problem they are trying to fix.

As long as you are using a proper client, you won't lose any coins to the transaction malleability issue. I'm sure they are doing what they can. Of course, the project is open source, so anyone is welcome to submit their ideas.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: