Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:00:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:24:59 PM

Buy and sell is the trend in the market. That's why market because there is an exchange process from one to another to make it balance. Market will become imbalance if there is only seller but has no buyer.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elachious12

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:49:57 PM

This scenario wouldn't be good to investors, the market works by buying and selling so if everyone HODL it will defect the aim of crypto/Bitcoin.  Although HODL increases the value of the coin but if it turns out to be a continuous act that no one sell then is a bad one.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:34:14 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
This rotation will only make a stable price can be called saturated then there will be no increase when doing like that with most people, of course people are not wrong if reminded to keep holding it until the next few years the price will automatically increase with less supply, the purpose is controlled so that prices rise soaring, and turn out people generate profits with their own style, just like you too.

OSEIBOATENG (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 08:02:43 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen. 

It's the opposite of what you say. If everyone really did hold their BTC rather than sell and the demand stayed the same, then naturally the price would go up as supply would be lower. Simple economics.

This really matters in the market and I thought when they sell that where the prices will go down and you have cleared the air. Thats great and thanks for the info
jozymens7

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 08:08:33 PM

This phenomena has to work and its very true looking at the nature of the market. When both sell and HODL that will really help build the market up and thats what I think

Markettoken

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:07:43 PM

if that happens I'm sure there will be a very surprising change from bitcoin market price. exchange rate will increase sharply and bitcoin will be more difficult to owned. like that my opinion if its having bitcoin not sell but all hodl
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:13:13 PM

this is absolutely not about hodling. Crypto is meant to be spent, at least bitcoin is. It's useless if it's not transacted. When it comes to hodling, it's better than selling it, it wouldn't kill the coin for sure

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
Gypat

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:13:28 PM

It is hard for that to happen anyway. We say we should hodl because doing so will increase the demand and hence a rise in value.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:18:01 PM

Which you read is not up to 1% bitcoin users. and maybe half of it talks about hodl, but also many who continue to sell to buy in the lower. that's normal in a market. do your own analysis. and realistic to the market may help you keep getting more coins. but if you prefer to wait at a certain price or hold for long term is also not a wrong thing. just good luck with your health and your finances.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

How can Bitcoin go down and die if we hodl? I don't understand. Market activity is not the cause, it's rather the effect. I think I know where you got it wrong. One indicator of dead coin you often see in altcoins is the coin has a low volume market. That is the effect, not the cause. The life of a coin doesn't depend on trading, it depends on its fundamental development.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:24:25 PM

I think this is what is called reality check, we need people to buy and sell coins for the market to grow and if everybody decide to hold there will be no activity and it might be detrimental to the market.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
_AlexX

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:26:27 PM

short term price will increase and then every hodler will sell and price crashes. kinda what we had here until december drop that started a mass selling event. now we are a bit in the doldrums.
very normal market behaviour just 5 times faster than stocks
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:38:04 PM

HODL mostly applies to bitcoins or the TOP coins but not to whole cryptocurrencies thats why this is impossible to happen,and besides millions of people are involved here not just a small team that cam be one stand

And besides even if we hold bitcoins for sure we will sell shitcoins so the market wil still circulate and this enough until the crypto finally adapted by the world
BitGunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:49:36 PM

I haven't thought about this but I think that the price of btc depends on the demand, if nobody sells and buys, then the price won't be that high. I think that btc will increase soon but it will never be very high without the demand like today
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:02:27 PM

If everybody holds their Bitcoin, the price absolutely goes up. If no one sells, the demand for it increases and as the demand increases, the price goes up because of the small bid. But of course there is no point in holding it if there is no demand.
faithofb

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:07:24 PM

When many people , the price of the coins is bound to increase because they will be demand and no supply.  So people that really need the tokens will be force to set high price ...
DragonSoldier

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:25:59 PM

Isn't it what many of us want. It will increase price of coins. The one who HODL will win:)
Criko

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:40:33 PM

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:41:53 PM

only fools who do hodl in a very long time without analysis, when bitcoin and all altcoin pump, then we must take positive action. and selling is the choice for everyone.

crypto trade will freeze, and finally, we create death for the crypto market.

So, we must use hodl strategy with accompanied by market analysis and patience.

Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:04:32 PM

The crypto community operates under the principle of supply and demand. When people are selling their cryptos, they increase supply. This will create some kind of imbalance between the supply rate and demand rate vice versa. Such imbalance can affect the value of crypto positively or negatively.   
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: