Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:53:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the foundation apologize to GOX?!  (Read 4270 times)
Musent

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:43:14 PM

Please continue sending your money to Mt. Gox.  Once all of the coins are gone we will no longer have to have these threads.
Not sure why people keep using it.
I wouldn't touch it. There are btc on there going for like ~$200 right?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:43:43 PM

Please continue sending your money to Mt. Gox.  Once all of the coins are gone we will no longer have to have these threads.

Mild to moderate mental retardation is my guess.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
bitcoinminer

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:44:26 PM

There are no BTC going nowhere for no money, because they aren't allowing that.  Nor a timeframe on when they will.

-Warren Buffett
Musent

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:45:36 PM

There are no BTC going nowhere for no money, because they aren't allowing that.  Nor a timeframe on when they will.
I know you cant withdraw but you can still buy on gox, no? I was under the impression you could still buy on there.
bitcoinminer

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:49:18 PM

I know you cant withdraw but you can still buy on gox, no? I was under the impression you could still buy on there.

You could do what, buy bitcoin?  And do what with it?  Leave it sitting in there?

You really want to take $200 of your money, and spend it at Mt. Gox?

Choose the most likely scenario based on history:
-You get BTC cheaper than EVERYONE ELSE
-You somehow get GOXXXED and get nothing for your money

I'll wager you a Sacajawea dollar it will be the latter.

-Warren Buffett
Musent

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:50:35 PM

You could do what, buy bitcoin?  And do what with it?  Leave it sitting in there?

You really want to take $200 of your money, and spend it at Mt. Gox?

Choose the most likely scenario based on history:
-You get BTC cheaper than EVERYONE ELSE
-You somehow get GOXXXED and get nothing for your money

I'll wager you a Sacajawea dollar it will be the latter.
Never said I would buy anything from Gox. I was simply saying that you can still buy from there. Whether you can withdraw in the future, that's a dice roll.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

Bitstamp/Coinbase don't have this problem... Fiat withdrawals were also fucked at Gox.

Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

Bitstamp/Coinbase don't have this problem... Fiat withdrawals were also fucked at Gox.

I thought the fiat withdrawals were permitted, when did that change? 
markjamrobin

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:49:37 PM

Permitted ≠ Functional; USD withdrawals take 5 Weeks - Forever these days. They don't work properly, and they continue to get worse.

un_ordinateur

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:51:10 PM

They are still allowed, in theory. However, fiat withdrawals take so much time (at least in USD) that many believe that it is because Mt.Gox are voluntarely delaying them.

Before the withdrawals were blocked, the BTC price was always 10% more on Mt.Gox than on other markets. It was a sign that money didn't flow closely, because if it did, then it'd always follow the other markets closely, people transferring money between exchanges for profit until their price equalized.
markjamrobin

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:03:14 PM

They are still allowed, in theory. However, fiat withdrawals take so much time (at least in USD) that many believe that it is because Mt.Gox are voluntarely delaying them.

Before the withdrawals were blocked, the BTC price was always 10% more on Mt.Gox than on other markets. It was a sign that money didn't flow closely, because if it did, then it'd always follow the other markets closely, people transferring money between exchanges for profit until their price equalized.

Indeed, many believed Gox was insolvent, because it took so long to get money out. Now we either think the same, or feel they are just incompetent.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:24:11 PM

Permitted ≠ Functional; USD withdrawals take 5 Weeks - Forever these days. They don't work properly, and they continue to get worse.

Indeed... Hope thing will come back to better one day ... soon Smiley

Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:30:06 PM

What happened to the OP?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║