Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:45:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanges take advantage of the tx fee...  (Read 80 times)
telexqwerty (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:33:31 PM

I have been doing withdrawals across multiple exchanges and I realize they still set up a large default fee of 0.001 BTC (Gate.io do 0.002 BTC!!!). That's fine. However, the problem is they don't actually include that high fee to for user's convenience. They only pay the minimum fee, around 5-10 sats/bytes. OMG!!!
This is not a big deal these days because the fee is low and the network is easy. I'm just upset because exchanges just take advantages of user's fund while not providing the convenience as it's supposed to be...
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:36:09 PM

I have been doing withdrawals across multiple exchanges and I realize they still set up a large default fee of 0.001 BTC (Gate.io do 0.002 BTC!!!). That's fine. However, the problem is they don't actually include that high fee to for user's convenience. They only pay the minimum fee, around 5-10 sats/bytes. OMG!!!
This is not a big deal these days because the fee is low and the network is easy. I'm just upset because exchanges just take advantages of user's fund while not providing the convenience as it's supposed to be...

It's at the exchanges discretion to charge whatever fee they like. The fees are also constantly evaluated and changed if they are overly inflated. As the price of bitcoin goes up the fee to withdraw will likely decrease (assuming with it that tx fees decrease).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: