Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: whats you biggest day trading loss  (Read 393 times)
pat25

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:14:47 PM

this is to aware the newbies who going to start crypto specially day trading.

i had portfolio 4400 usd, i entered to day trading. i lost almost 1500$ , now my portfolio is 2800$n ... i have done stupid day trading on non - popular tokens.

please get a advice , if you do not know anything about day trading its better to avoid from it
Currently I am in - 70% loss, I started trading in 2017 and bought Bitcoin for 17 000USD and some other altcoins like: Litecoin and Ethereum.
But no problem, if I hold this position for longer time, I will be in profit, I hope Cheesy.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:16:14 PM

i had portfolio 4400 usd, i entered to day trading. i lost almost 1500$ , now my portfolio is 2800$n ... i have done stupid day trading on non - popular tokens.

please get a advice , if you do not know anything about day trading its better to avoid from it

Its more of a beware rather then aware and its so true it happens to newbie traders now and then. I still see people chasing pump n dump coins with 0 fundamentals behind them.
More or less nearly everyone in the crypto space has fallen for such instances. Day trading is only for people who have good knowledge of not just TA but also FA and who understand market sentiments well.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:23:38 PM

My biggest lost when i accidentally click sell button and lose 6000usd in a single trade. I don't want to recommend margin trading for bitcoin. i guess you should hodl alot of altcoins. trading is risky. Holding altcoins are much easier to get.

pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:38:41 PM

I think that you need to trade much more time to understand that day trading is not so easy as you think. You will understand it soon. There are three important things on trading every day (money management, risk, emotional control)
GucciGangClub

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:22:47 PM

Once I lost around 900 bucks when tried to wait a bit. My tokens is a few days became nothing, but I had chance to sell them.
Batask

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:55:34 PM

A few months ago, I lost about 50% of my portfolio, which was quite a significant amount ... I still repair this damage

Same with me mate, when bitcoin rise up to $19000 o invest all of my money when it rises to $20000 i keep holdimg because i thought that it will rise up, months after it falls down to $15000 and i absolutely sell it, i loss a big money that day and now il still recovering.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 12:01:36 AM

Day trading takes a lot of practice to be able to be profitable.
You need to develop two to three strict trading strategies and base those strategies off of actual data.

That means that you have to get good at interpreting data and making moves that will take advantage of swings and trends.

A lot of people think it's some magical 8 ball thing and you can't predict the future, but that is not the truth.
The truth is that you can make fairly accurate predictions if you are good enough at interpreting the data, and that takes a lot of knowledge and time.

I have also tried day trading and lost a lot of money.
However, I stuck with it, learned from my mistakes, adjusted as I went along, and started using a lot of tools to help me.

Now, I find it to be one of the most profitable ways to earn.

It is up to you whether you want to stick it out, but I can tell you, if you are up the task and you do learn and grow, there is great profit that can be had.

petloer

Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 12:12:22 PM

I am new in this market so i don’t get any opportunity to do day trading. Some experience person says day trading is risky. So everyone needs to avoid this.
Tmcrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:11:52 PM

The market of crypto currency is extremely unpredictable. The chances of incurring loss is extremely high. Without proper knowledge investor should not make any investment, as the number of scammers is high. Also the coins should be stored in safe wallet to avoid being hacked and stolen. Then again before making any investment the investor should consult other members.
hermanjones18

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:13:04 PM

It is still too soon to label the losers and winners. The best will be to not to lose faith in the bitcoins. Because, even when the prices are low, they will jump up soon by the end of the year, according to the analytics. The investors are still advised to be patient and t hold on to their coins.
vinceB

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:15:30 PM

I will not going to forget that day i have 1000 coins that time and its prices is 4$ i sell my half in just a few days its doin to 1$ i lost half of my coins but its okay its a win for me
flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:18:24 PM

Late is always better than never Smiley. Happy that you finally know it Smiley. You guys should stay away from day trading at this time if you guys are not good traders cause at the moment it's really hard to predict which cryptocurrency will rise and which one will fall so it's almost impossible to find out good coin to invest in at this down time.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
vonwd

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:39:05 PM

In trading the crypto currency it is not obvious that you will always make profits. Sometimes wind can change its direction in a very short period of time.
siena23

Activity: 2394

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 02:49:49 PM

I have also experienced like you, because at that time I did not know much about investing into the world of crypto. At that time I lost half of my capital. And I do wait for the price to go up and not lose. The key is patience. I hope this helps.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:53:23 PM

I bought some ethereum for fast day traiding when price was very interested but for this moment my wallet decreased by 50%, but it is not lost because i did not sold these coins. If you lost money in day traiding the best option is wait when coin will achieve old good price and you will can sell its with profit
farnandezetn

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:11:45 PM

That's an interesting post. We have to be very careful when investing on day trading. Moreover, we should invest in more than one cryptocurrency.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:12:07 PM

if you already sold your tokens, that mean you're really lost your money, I don't recommend day trading in current market dip if you not a smart investor, you'll lost all your money in a single day, try to choose some popular coins and hold for price up later, maybe it'll earn back what you lost
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:15:30 PM

I dont do much of day trading but what you did is not a good idea because before you do day trading you should pick a coin that has a decent amount of movement or trading volume and never choose a coin that does not have demand on exchanges. What I do when day trading is choose a coin from top coins in the market that dropped its value like 5 to 10% but should also search why the price goes down because it might drop a little but more.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:39:34 PM

I dont do much of day trading but what you did is not a good idea because before you do day trading you should pick a coin that has a decent amount of movement or trading volume and never choose a coin that does not have demand on exchanges. What I do when day trading is choose a coin from top coins in the market that dropped its value like 5 to 10% but should also search why the price goes down because it might drop a little but more.
I agree it doesn't matter how much you put money in and day trade on it. I guess right now we need to dig deeper on reading technicals, But fundamentals is much more important in bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
neymarjunior50

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:46:23 PM

honestly speaking I don't have to face that much loss in trading, I agree that market keep changing a lot but at that time I decided to hold so that I don't have to face loss , in here you have to understand the timing which time is good time for trading,a big change always comes to the market so waiting for it is a wish decision
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: