Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:59:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629682 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 10:09:25 PM

You're making an assumption that Ken actually had bitcoins on Mtgox.  I don't believe he did.  He just used that as an excuse to gain time and not deliver refunds.  I'd ask the guy on Kraken if there is a way to just see if Ken's wallet had any coins in it.  Not likely.

Yes and it is worth passing this info to Shawn Haggerty over at MSD. This case is also moving to the federal level. I'm sure they can get warrants to open all ken's accounts for disgorgement, or at least to see the extent of his lies. I will send Shawn Haggerty a little email later this weekend when I have more time.

And in case Ken actually lurks these threads...."Your days are numbered asshole!"

If he is reading such things then it might be worth asking. I see three possibilities.

Ken never had coins lost there. Then we can sue him more easy.

Ken had the preorder money there and it got stuck. He claimed it and will run with it when we dont watch over it. Or he is honest and gives it to the trustee.

Ken had the preorder money there and it got stuck. The trustee can claim it.

If there is a bankruptcy trustee then it would be interesting to know if there is anything left anyway. I guess at this state there has to be a bankruptcy trustee send from the state right?

Lets see if Mr Sheppard is answering.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 08:50:31 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 12:39:34 AM by zumzero

Ken did entrust his keys to irretrievable Gox.  A price worth paying to rid us of that cancer.  Non of us shall see recompense.  Ken will not go to prison.  Do understand that Ken crossed the line way after you guys think.  It's my belief that he didn't accept the game was a bogey until it was confirmed that he could no longer sell hardware.  In 'crossing the line' I think he likely did what most people would if you'd fashioned a business and put your heart and soul into a project.  When you finally accepted defeat, perhaps you might think, okay, this was my baby and I'm now gonna protect my own personal investment.  Sure, it doesnt win any awards for businessman of the year, but it shows you are a falable human.  

Think, what would I do in this situation if it were me.  Every time you disagree with anothers belief, pinch yourself and wonder, what if it were your belief all along.    Wink

We are each other.   Smiley

edit;  Ken is so small fry you wouldnt believe how disinterested the authorities are.  You'd better sell btc if you want to see him sweat because usGOV won't chip in.

double edit;  So many messages and such a beautiful and positive life for all.  Goodbye my ActM friends.  One day it will make sense and we shall shed our tainted skins.  Learn, embrace change and be proud.  Mercury rising.  Out.

http://youtu.be/hSTivVclQQ0

Massive Array of Internet Disks - Secure Access For Everyone

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:14:20 AM

Ken did entrust his keys to irretrievable Gox.  A price worth paying to rid us of that cancer.  Non of us shall see recompense.  Ken will not go to prison.  Do understand that Ken crossed the line way after you guys think.  It's my belief that he didn't accept the game was a bogey until it was confirmed that he could no longer sell hardware.  In 'crossing the line' I think he likely did what most people would if you'd fashioned a business and put your heart and soul into a project.  When you finally accepted defeat, perhaps you might think, okay, this was my baby and I'm now gonna protect my own personal investment.  Sure, it doesnt win any awards for businessman of the year, but it shows you are a falable human.  

Think, what would I do in this situation if it were me.  Every time you disagree with anothers belief, pinch yourself and wonder, what if it were your belief all along.    Wink

We are each other.   Smiley

edit;  Ken is so small fry you wouldnt believe how disinterested the authorities are.  You'd better sell btc if you want to see him sweat because usGOV won't chip in.

double edit;  So many messages and such a beautiful and positive life for all.  Goodbye my ActM friends.  One day it will make sense and we shall shed our tainted skins.  Learn, embrace change and be proud.  Mercury rising.  Out.

http://youtu.be/hSTivVclQQ0

Massive Array of Internet Disks - Secure Access For Everyone

Fuck you dude!

You still here?

We lost our monies like a year ago and you still defending this loser?! Get real!

chaostheorist

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:15:37 PM

Has Ken gone underground or is there anyone that has spoke with him about the situation everything has turned into? I find it odd that MSEC was looking into him and then he just goes out of communication even with his lawyer.

Even if he did lose all money and BTCs they wouldnt just stop looking into the case if he was running a fraudulent company or a scam. I'm not expecting any money to come from him to return to the shareholders but I would like to see him go to court and go through the legal process for the problems he created and couldn't produce.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 10:21:10 AM

No answer yet. I resent my email in case it didnt reach. If he doesnt react i will call again and ask about it. Since the time for claiming funds is running out at the end of the month.

Or is someone having another idea to find out who is the bankruptcy trustee for activiming?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:28:18 PM

By the way... can someone explain what lawsuits are going on? And whats happening at all with him?

What i found is that he was sued and had to pay $32,115.15 and disgorge all profits from the business because he issued an unregistered security.

Is that all? Because when ActiveMining went down there was some buzz about WoodLaw. A lawyer company which should serve as a threat to ken it seems. But i didnt hear anything about that again.

So whats going on? Criminal investigation now? And later civil court cases to claim losses? Nothing like a shareholder group like with LCSH (The labcoin scammer) yet, right?

To be honest, i only now think about this, because of the gox coins. Maybe there really is still some more than that. I think its worth to check out. Either way or the other we could get something back or send ken to jail for lying.

I did not get an answer from Sheppard. I think ill call him tomorrow then.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:49:46 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 01:04:21 AM by gogxmagog

By the way... can someone explain what lawsuits are going on? And whats happening at all with him?

What i found is that he was sued and had to pay $32,115.15 and disgorge all profits from the business because he issued an unregistered security.

Is that all? Because when ActiveMining went down there was some buzz about WoodLaw. A lawyer company which should serve as a threat to ken it seems. But i didnt hear anything about that again.

So whats going on? Criminal investigation now? And later civil court cases to claim losses? Nothing like a shareholder group like with LCSH (The labcoin scammer) yet, right?

To be honest, i only now think about this, because of the gox coins. Maybe there really is still some more than that. I think its worth to check out. Either way or the other we could get something back or send ken to jail for lying.

I did not get an answer from Sheppard. I think ill call him tomorrow then.

what I heard is that this case now moves to the SEC which is a federal body, MSD is just state of Missouri. IF when he is found guilty at the federal level he will most likely face prison time.

This was mentioned in the pdf file that was made available after the MSD reached their decision. Its a few pages back in this thread somewhere. And, yes, please do contact Shawn Hagerty, I have emailed him, also with no response. In the past he has always gotten back to me, can take a week or two.

EDIT- I'm not really up on American securities law and regulations...just trying to apply common sense to the little info we have gotten from this depressing gong-show, however....one of the first things the MSD handed down to Ken was a "cease and desist" order. he clearly admitted that the btc he supposedly lost at gox were company funds. Rightfully they should go to shareholders, or be surrendered to the MSD. If he is trying to get them back, secretly, he is violating the cease and desist order, isn't he? hes just stupid and greedy enough to try it...so another good point to send Shawn Hagerty's way...
btcrun

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:50:15 AM

I don't know if it matters, has been mentioned yet or if he has been more often, but:

kslaughter has been online today!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 11:55:31 AM

I don't know if it matters, has been mentioned yet or if he has been more often, but:

Hm... maybe he forgot about those coins until it was mentioned here or someone he trusts told him. He might see a bit hope getting money to pay his problems with.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:21:08 PM

Heh, maybe he's going to give a Wednesday update  Grin

"In South America, guys! Beautiful weather!"

gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:18:44 PM

I urge all who lost money here to email Shawn Hagerty with all the details listed here above; the fact that Ken claimed coins on Gox, the gox claim gateway, the Kraken offer gateway, the gox bankruptcy trustee info. I basically said that judging by Ken's behavior all the way through this mess he is more than likely going to try and get those BTC and make them vanish, breaking his cease and desist order and further embezzling our funds. Ken's an outright fraud and should be cut off at the pass immediately.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:14:01 PM

Ken did entrust his keys to irretrievable Gox.  

Considering the outrageous lie about InteliHash you must be really naive to think that this scammer was keeping so many bitcoins on that exchange.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:17:27 PM

welly, well, well, well!

I just got off the phone with Shawn Hagerty! He is a very nice and helpful guy I must say.

He had not replied to my email because it had gone into his spam folder, but with my help he found it opened it read it and was VERY interested indeed!

The MSD is indeed VERY interested in the info that ken may receive btc from Kraken via the Mt.Gox bail-out or whatever you call it. Those funds are indeed legally belonging to us and any attempt by ken to access them is a very serious crime. He was unaware of these funds until I told him and he said he was going to act on this info immediately as I mentioned there is a month's end deadline. I also told him he could contact Kraken directly and they would most likely assist in blocking Kenny.

Like I said, he is a nice guy and I was able to ask him a few questions, here is what I learned...

Ken has been absolutely uncooperative and non-communicative. There is, however, a deadline for paying those fines and disgorging any company funds. If he fails to make good on the fines and disgorge then he will face criminal charges and any assets he has will be seized.

Shawn could not say what other govt agencies might be after Ken, but he did mention that his past actions could very well be under scrutiny of the FBI!

long story short; if ken keeps up his present cowardly weasel behavior past payment deadline (most likely late 2015) he will face jail plus losing everything of value he might own (cars, house, even his sad-sack looking clothing)

so, no money yet, but the wheels of justice are indeed moving slowly forward and will crush that scumbag ken within a few months. Its better news than nothing.

AND yes, Shawn Hagerty IS the guy to send info to, just give him a call to let him know to check his spam folder. Also, be polite. The guy deals with frustrated people who have lost all sorts of money every day and he is doing everything he can to help us.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 08:26:34 PM

Yeah... i tried to reach Chap Sheppard, Shawn Hagerty and Scott Johnson since some time too. And 10 minutes ago i got an email from Shawn stating:

Thank you for the information.

I will see that it gets shared with the Missouri Attorney General's Office, who does our collections.

Shawn

Thanks for calling too gogxmagog!

So next question would be if, at the end, there is any reasonable amount of money to be spread. I mean we dont speak only about the IPO-Coins, we speak about the preorder money and so on.

I realized that i dont have any trading data on activemining anymore. Which really isnt good in case i would want to claim my losses.

Though first thing would be to find out the damage in total and what, if at all, can be spread to the victims. What happened to the eASIC-Money that ken claimed should be paid back. If that would still exist then it would be a nice portion.

If someone gets any info then let me know. So that i know if its worth climbing behind trading data and all.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:16:17 PM

Yeah... i tried to reach Chap Sheppard, Shawn Hagerty and Scott Johnson since some time too. And 10 minutes ago i got an email from Shawn stating:

I will see that it gets shared with the Missouri Attorney General's Office, who does our collections.

Shawn

So next question would be if, at the end, there is any reasonable amount of money to be spread. I mean we dont speak only about the IPO-Coins, we speak about the preorder money and so on.

I realized that i dont have any trading data on activemining anymore. Which really isnt good in case i would want to claim my losses.

Though first thing would be to find out the damage in total and what, if at all, can be spread to the victims. What happened to the eASIC-Money that ken claimed should be paid back. If that would still exist then it would be a nice portion.

If someone gets any info then let me know. So that i know if its worth climbing behind trading data and all.

I had first contacted Shawn Hagerty before Crypto::Trade shit the bed, so I had saved my API and screen capped my trading info. I had similar info from Bitfunder and BTC-TC so I was able to tally it all up and give him my total shares purchased, the price I paid, and where/when I got them. He had requested me to provide this info and YES it is OK if you are not a USA citizen. Anyway, I'm surprized you didnt already do this, but if you can "back-trace" the info, do it. He needs it if you are to see any of what might get distributed.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 01:53:57 AM

Thanks for you support, I just wanted to drop you a line and say I am considering give all the investor free shares in one of two new projects that I am working on, one is a B I L L I O N dollar project.  I will be matching the shares that investors owned when Bitfunder closed down, these will be FREE.  You can pass this on to the thread if you like.  I will be doubling the shares you own for your support.  Grin Grin Grin

Ken

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:00:25 AM

Hmmmn

Haven't looked at activemining in ages
Assuming its still dead though

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 01:48:30 AM

Jesus Christ, I need to stop getting pissed and posting in this thread!

The kslaughter pm is legit.  Either his account has been hacked or someone he knows is having a laugh.  Either way it's almost certain that those words are not Ken's.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:03:16 AM

Jesus Christ, I need to stop getting pissed and posting in this thread!

The kslaughter pm is legit.  Either his account has been hacked or someone he knows is having a laugh.  Either way it's almost certain that those words are not Ken's.

You need to go full retard and shove a cup in your a$$.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 11:58:11 AM

Shawn

I had first contacted Shawn Hagerty before Crypto::Trade shit the bed, so I had saved my API and screen capped my trading info. I had similar info from Bitfunder and BTC-TC so I was able to tally it all up and give him my total shares purchased, the price I paid, and where/when I got them. He had requested me to provide this info and YES it is OK if you are not a USA citizen. Anyway, I'm surprized you didnt already do this, but if you can "back-trace" the info, do it. He needs it if you are to see any of what might get distributed.

I have my info from btct.co, since they offered to download it. There wasnt a way for bitfunder, as far as i remember, and most probably i had the impression all is lost anyway. Which might still be the case. Guess it will be hard to get that data then. *sigh*

Anyway... the 29th is gone. Hopefully claiming went well. I wonder if we could get info about if there were coins on mtgox at all. Though when you think about it... ken logged into shortly after we started speaking about the gox coins. This might mean there are coins.

Though they would be way too few anyway if there arent other funds too. Taking preorders and IPO investments together. Maybe even losses from trading, though that might only be valid for a proven outright scam.

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: