Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629682 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wonker

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:49:57 PM

I'll compile the list of question..... 

Please PM me your question or quote this and i'll edit.

1.  What is the status of our shares?
2.  How many bitcoins were on MtGox and why where they there to begin with?
3.  How much did ActM lose on the cancelled 55nm deal?
3.1 Were the 55nm ever even taped out? Do you have any proof of their existence?
3.2 How much money does ACTM have?
3.3 How much money did ACTM lose in the 28nm eAsic failure?
4. Who is on the payroll (What companies are you currently working with and how many people (and who) currently work at VMC/AMC)

Bolded questions : Questions I added.

I would also like to know what is the plan moving forward. Though I would rather any of the above questions be answer over this one.

Most of your added questions would be answered in a quarterly financial report. We should ask for that.

When is the next one due?

~9 months ago.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

man! I'm kicking myself in the ass that I didn't get out of this mess during the Sept. 4 bitfunder spike.
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:48:50 PM

man! I'm kicking myself in the ass that I didn't get out of this mess during the Sept. 4 bitfunder spike.
hindsight usually involves kicking oneself in the (be)hind.
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:41:21 AM

I think anyone asking Ken for answers should first ask for EVIDENCE of any of this actually happening.  He can tell you what you want to hear all day.  Things like, "Working on it, soon, had to realign the forward deflector dish..." 

I want to see some proof.  Screenshots, camera shots, whatever.  Show us something legit.  Then answer the questions.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:10:02 AM

Be honest.
If you still believe in Ken Slaughter's plans and his ability to lead this company, you really have to ask yourself,
Why? Why do you still believe in him?
He has showed a pattern of bad business decision, of lying to his shareholders.
The only logical approach at this time is to start to organize so we can get a court in Missouri to take all of Ken's assets and distribute them to share holders.

It is time for Ken to stop playing and to admit that he is a screw up and to do the right thing.

My conclusion as to how Ken is handling his business. The only logical conclusion is to let him exercise his option to make chips when the right opportunity arises.

Ken, the options trader. He keeps having the option (but not the obligation) of creating mining chips at a low price which he can sell at a higher price if Bitcoin shoots up to $7,500 - $10,000 per bitcoin. It just hasn't happened yet and I'm starting to think we won't see a product from ActiveMining until the price of bitcoin reaches Ken's prognostication of $10,000 per bitcoin.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:41:13 AM

I think anyone asking Ken for answers should first ask for EVIDENCE of any of this actually happening.  He can tell you what you want to hear all day.  Things like, "Working on it, soon, had to realign the forward deflector dish..." 

I want to see some proof.  Screenshots, camera shots, whatever.  Show us something legit.  Then answer the questions.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:41:48 AM

Be honest.
If you still believe in Ken Slaughter's plans and his ability to lead this company, you really have to ask yourself,
Why? Why do you still believe in him?

Similar to Labcoin. Half users write it off and are pissed. Other half are in denial 'just in case' it's for real.
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:10:19 AM

Ken did not have coins on Mt. Gox, he was selling on Bitstamp since last summer!

don't be fooled, you can even see the order book, last time bitcoin was $90 and fell to $60 Ken was selling. This was a little after the fundraising.

A convenient alibi Ken, but no.
DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:20:29 AM

I would definitely request some financial statements if I were a shareholder.  In the article, Ken states he has four employees, all family members, working for this company. Some time back when this was brought up, zumzero thought it was great, because it meant this is a family business and Ken's family would therefore work long hours for very low pay. We should check if he was correct.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
JoTheKhan

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:55:45 AM

Ken did not have coins on Mt. Gox, he was selling on Bitstamp since last summer!

don't be fooled, you can even see the order book, last time bitcoin was $90 and fell to $60 Ken was selling. This was a little after the fundraising.

A convenient alibi Ken, but no.

I don't think anyone here truly believes that Ken had money on Mt. Gox. I sure as hell don't believe it.
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:05:06 AM

it seems more and more like labcoin,and all of us still hoping to get mining chips

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bitdog101

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:35:46 AM

1.  What is the status of our shares?
2.  How many bitcoins were on MtGox and why where they there to begin with?
3.  How much did ActM lose on the cancelled 55nm deal?
3.1 Were the 55nm ever even taped out? Do you have any proof of their existence?
3.2 How much money does ACTM have?
3.3 How much money did ACTM lose in the 28nm eAsic failure?
4. Who is on the payroll (What companies are you currently working with and how many people (and who) currently work at VMC/AMC)
5. Proof of a 55nm deal, proof of a tapeout. They were offered as preorders: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg5129392#msg5129392 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=464145.msg5129458#msg5129458
6. Intellihash?? Can you please explain what this is/was and how this factors into everything?

To Ken:

We need proof of these things, we can not accept just another "this is what we are doing and everything is great" post. We have had no concrete evidence or proof of anything. Can we please not have another meaningless post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg4262711#msg4262711
Weekly Update 1/1/14

Happy New Year!

The new year looks bright for Active Mining as we continue to assemble our miners for quick delivery.

Not a lot of changes from last weeks update:

We are also continuing to develop our Intellihash program and with our 2013 sales at $6,311,788.33 we have a very good share of the market.

We have been working 100% on our core business.

ActiveMining-PR Staff
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 10:54:23 AM

I would definitely request some financial statements if I were a shareholder.  In the article, Ken states he has four employees, all family members, working for this company. Some time back when this was brought up, zumzero thought it was great, because it meant this is a family business and Ken's family would therefore work long hours for very low pay. We should check if he was correct.

I'm trying to lay low but will post when people get their facts wrong which directly involve me.  DDan has confused me with another shareholder.

In other matters, I've been trying to think of ways to demonstrate my faith and absolute confidence that this current situation is temporary and in the near future we will all be rejoicing and circle-jerking at the moon again when I thought I would offer five 1 bitcoin bets with the first five takers regarding my expected positive outcome for ActM.  The better idea is that I put my money where my mouth is and offer to buy 8 btc worth of ActM shares.  So guys, the person who offers me the highest number of ActM shares for 8 btc wins.  We set up an escrow and pay half each if there is a fee, using a trusted shareholder.  I will not accept an offer unless I trust that person even if it's the most favourable.  So get pm'ing!

DISCLAIMER:  I have PM'd Ken very recently regarding the current situation and shareholder sentiment and suggested he takes measures to turn the situation around.  His reply was very short, gave no facts, no hints about progress but asked for patience and made mention of a bright future for ActM.  I am not expecting anything significant from tonight's update, so for those of you who are, don't build your hopes up.

Finally, there is nothing special about the fact that I come on here and share limited information from Ken.  It has always been the best way to gauge how things are going in my opinion, and you can all do it.  So if you want reassurance or if you want answers to your questions, pm Ken directly.  That's what the clever shareholders have been doing for the best part of a year.  Also, the irc channel #ActM is polar opposite to this thread in terms of company knowledge, quality conversation and lack of attention seeking whinny kids who can't take responsibility for their own investment decisions when they think they aren't going well.  So for those of you who are not convinced this company is finished, go hang out in level headed, rational company and get the inside knowledge you're after.  Smiley

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:25:23 AM

I've been advised that the best first step we as shareholders could make is to have the company audited by an independent third party, if necessary funded by us as a group.

I can see no reason why Ken should not allow this unless he has something to hide - it would cost the company nothing, the information would only be provided to actual shareholders and not released into the public domain. IT would prove once and for all if our situation is a result of a scam or just simple mismanagement and incompetence and would provide us with physical evidence one way or the other.  There are 3-4 members of staff that are just twiddling their thumbs at the moment and have been for the last 6 months at least, I'm sure they can find time to pull up whatever documents the auditor requires.

@Ken - will you allow an independent third party chosen by shareholders to do a full audit of the company? The shareholders will agree to collectively fund the audit and reimburse the company for any staff hours lost due to the audit.

I suggest we all continue to ask this question from Ken until we get a definitive response. If he refuses to allow this I think we have our answer as to whether or not this is an outright scam or not.
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:09:50 PM

I've been advised that the best first step we as shareholders could make is to have the company audited by an independent third party, if necessary funded by us as a group.

I can see no reason why Ken should not allow this unless he has something to hide - it would cost the company nothing, the information would only be provided to actual shareholders and not released into the public domain. IT would prove once and for all if our situation is a result of a scam or just simple mismanagement and incompetence and would provide us with physical evidence one way or the other.  There are 3-4 members of staff that are just twiddling their thumbs at the moment and have been for the last 6 months at least, I'm sure they can find time to pull up whatever documents the auditor requires.

@Ken - will you allow an independent third party chosen by shareholders to do a full audit of the company? The shareholders will agree to collectively fund the audit and reimburse the company for any staff hours lost due to the audit.

I suggest we all continue to ask this question from Ken until we get a definitive response. If he refuses to allow this I think we have our answer as to whether or not this is an outright scam or not.

I have no problem with that; however, I don't think it is necessary as we will be releasing financials for last year by the end of the month.
Desmond.Paris

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:32:19 PM

Trolls are unavoidable online/

One must differentiate between a troll, whose only purpose is to goad, taunt, harass and get a rise out of others, and someone who is a shareholder and is very frustrated by the situation.

Ken seems to have only a few standard answers to every question. For example, below, his response is, something good is coming, and wait, there will be a full report soon.

Once, deferring a proper response would get us to wait. But, it is like that story about the boy who cried wolf.  Too many times with the same story, and no one in the village will believe you.

The real issue is what to do now.

Should we all wait for the "good news"?  Should we walk away from this mess?
Should we demand Ken do something?

Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:49:43 PM

End of March is the end Q1, will we be privy to those financials as well, and if not, when can we expect those?
JoTheKhan

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:13:35 PM

I have no problem with that; however, I don't think it is necessary as we will be releasing financials for last year by the end of the month.

Read the bold, Ignore everything else, lets get the ball rolling on this audit. I've been asking for one since January.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:22:01 PM

Read the bold, Ignore everything else, lets get the ball rolling on this audit. I've been asking for one since January.

What would the logistics of that be (i.e. who would be paying for it, organizing it, etc.?)
JoTheKhan

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:12:42 PM

What would the logistics of that be (i.e. who would be paying for it, organizing it, etc.?)

ACTM should pay for it, provide proof of payment after shareholders have picked out the company.

"Well how will shareholders pick it out." - Instead of having people vote, I say we get someone who has proven themselves not to be a troll and not to be a cheerleader to pick the company to do the audit. I don't want to sit around and wait till the end of March for some financial report.
  • Ken could have disappeared by then.
  • Ken could just ignore any questions about it then.
  • The report cold be the insubstantial/a lie
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: